• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BMGf Programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravitas

Filled with DETERMINATION
Reaction score
Are there any programmers in these forums? If so, then this is a great place to hang out. Hopefully I can chat with fellow coders here.

I'll get us started by saying that I freaking HATE Ruby on Rails. I don't know why everybody lauds it as the holy grail of web development. Nothing makes sense. I have no idea why Rails interprets things in the ways that it does. Why can't I just have control over my own code?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been too deep in my Computer Science degree but I am familiar with basic data structures and algorithms, mainly sorting, searching and traversing trees.

As for actual programming though, I mainly use it to do repetitive calculations and I have programmed a few modules for Android Applications. One of my big projects was to program a long board via Android App using Bluetooth.

an array is just a list by all other names.
to do an array in javascript, you write var array (item, thing, stuff,) which are array values 0, 1, & 2, respectively.
at least that's what I remember.

an array is just a list by all other names.
to do an array in javascript, you write var array (item, thing, stuff,) which are array values 0, 1, & 2, respectively.
at least that's what I remember.

Well, Javascript would give very weird results. I needed an excuse to link to this video about the weirdness of Javascript:

Is there a reason you called it "Array + array"? Is there any difference from just being called "array"?

Thanks for reading.

Usually in programming languages, array + array would result in typeerror at compile time or empty array. However, in Javascript, you get an empty string, which is non-intuitive.

There wasn't a reason why I called it array + array, but I had to look it up to make sure I didn't unintentionally say something stupid. I did come across this while searching to see if I was stupid or not:

What’s the difference between "Array()" and "[]" while declaring a JavaScript array?

Last edited:
Usually in programming languages, array + array would result in typeerror at compile time or empty array. However, in Javascript, you get an empty string, which is non-intuitive.

JavaScript's type system system and syntax weren't particularly well thought out. I don't know if the + operator actually does anything (consistent) for arrays. If you want to concatenate arrays just use the concat method. Additionally using new Array() is strongly discouraged for JavaScript.

I'm sure we all feel like this when looking at Stackoverflow

CA4uIfNXIAATt7X.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom