• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Boldore vs Graveler

TLZ the Confirmer

I'm out of Zek macros, OK
Reaction score
190px-075Graveler.png
vs
183px-525Gantoru.png

The two super-annoying Rock-types who reside in EVERY SINGLE CAVE in their respective regions, which is made worse with their ability, Sturdy, which makes sure it requires at least 2 hits to knock the stupid thing out. Well, at least they have low Speed, so it's easy to run from them...

But, once you put them to use, they're actually somewhat useful (low Speed aside) so...

Who is more annoying?
Who is cooler?
Who is more useful?
Who's your favorite?

You decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gantoru vs Graveler

Gantoru. The odd, simple and solid design is mystifying to me, while the Pile-Of-Gravel look never stuck with me.

Gantoru, by far. Graveler's line is lame.

Gantoru, because of looks and more importantly, it is only in two games, not 12.

Gantoru. So much better than the four-armed rock monster that self-destructs anytime you try to kill it >:{

Last edited:

I prefer the other rock, Boldore/Gantoru. Not only is he/she prettily blue, he/she can create jewels and gems out of its body, which is definitely very useful. Graveler is still alright, but somehow, he/she's not that interesting.

Thanks for reading.

Gantoru.

It looks like some kind of fucked up meteor.

Which makes it awesome.

Graveler, because it was the original.

I vote for the blue thing, because it seems what Gamefreak was trying to do is create a "Is this a rock? NO IT'S MOVING! A POKÉMON!"-type Pokémon, and it worked with Graveler, but it was very simple, the other thing however looks better, and could easily be a "A CAVE OF GEMS!!!! THEY'RE ATTACKING!"-type Pokémon (in the anime).

Gantoru. It has better design than the lame ol boring Graveler.
It also reminds me of Chromastone from Ben 10. (sorry for the out of pokemon reference)

Gantoru looks much more interesting than Graveler.

Compared to Gantoru, Graveler looks kinda generic. Therefore, I choose the former.

Gantoru. More original, less bland, and it actually gets cooler as it evolves, unlike Graveler.

I pick Boldore (Gantoru) because it hasn't been around long enough to annoy me to death with explosion.

I don't like Graveler that much, but it looks beter then Gantoru.
So Graveler.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom