• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Book Adaptations of the Episodes!

fruitsmoothierevenge

前向き!
Reaction score
I was in Borders Express today, and I found an adaptation of the Shuckle episode! (It was one of those learn-to-read books, so? XD) Granted, they screwed up the story... but it was still hilarious. They have the great screenshot of Meowth licking James. I think the quote is "Meowth felt strange. 'I love you, James!' he said." XD
Does anyone know if there are any more of the Johto eps adapted?

Well, I have a Japanese adaptation of the Lugia episodes that was totally gutted (no JJ&M, no Oliver, Brock and Misty only show up on the first and last pages and don't do anything)...

LOL, fruitsmoothierevenge.

XD

You read the book based on "A Better Pill To Swallow" (that was the name of the episode).

Anyway, come to think of it, yeah, my boyfriend actually has one of those books.

It's the book for "The Wayward Wobbuffet". And I read it too. It was hilarious! Hehe, just like the episode. XD

And it was surprisingly accurate to the episode too!

I loved the pictures it had!! XD

And the funny thing is, I didn't know there was more than one of those Johto adaptation books. That's cool!!

I wonder how far in Johto they went with the books......

Last edited:
Were these books written by Tracey West? She did a lot of easy-to-read books for the early Kanto and Orange episodes, if memory serves me right.

Yep, Tracey West actually did the adaptation for this one as well. I have the Team Rocket one in that series. It's based on "Battle of the Badge", and it's not bad.

Thanks for the ep title, Lisa; I forgot. ^_^;;

I read quite a few of Tracey West's Pokemon books. She actually made at least one with original stories. One was about a Pokemon talent show, and the other was about a balloon race. I still have that one, along with the TR one, which was based off of the Seafoam Island ep in Kanto, the Electrode Roundup ep in the Orange Islands, the Blissey ep from early Johto, and one other ep I forgot. I guess she realized that TR has fans too?

I also have the book adaptation of the first movie & second movie(along iwth their respective mini-movie). The second one seemed a little...off at some points. They called Jiri "Lawrence III"(boo!), they called Lugia a Water type at one point(and they said that it looks like "a cross between a seal and an ocean bird". Er...that's a new one), Jessie referred to Ash by name at one point(er, Ms. West? TR doesn't refer to the Twerp by his real name), and...hold on, I have to pull a quote stright from the book on this one(it's right where Jiri released the triangle things to catch Lugia):
"'It's Stelthius!' Ash cried...'Lawrence III is trying to capture Lugia!'"
What's a Stelthius? o_O At first I thought that was some random name for Jiri, but...hmm, maybe it's the (official?)English name of Jiri's airship?

There's a reason these books were targeted towards kids...they're not old enough to be nitpicky yet. :p

I'v the first 10 episodes of the show and the first 3 of the Orange Islands, all japanese.

MistyIRC said:
<i>They called Jiri "Lawrence III"(boo!)</i>

That's his official name, it's just not actually mentioned in the movie. >.>

Not according to the closed captioning, it isn't.

Well, now I know where someone got that name for the Hikoukyu...

fruitsmoothierevenge said:
Thanks for the ep title, Lisa; I forgot. ^_^;;
You're welcome, fruitsmoothierevenge. ^_^

And I've actually memorized all of the Pokemon episode titles. XD

I'm not sure how I did that, I guess it just comes from having taped all the episodes....

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom