• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Boss Battle: Giovanni Vs Maxie Vs Archie Vs Cyrus Vs Archer Vs Greechis Vs Greevil

jcogginsa

Reaction score
the big bads of the main series games, plus greevil battle

who...
-Wins in a battle
-Has the coolest design
-Has the best rate of success
-Has the best organization
-Has the best pokemon
-Has the coolest name
-Has the best plan

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Re: Boss Battle: Giovanni Vs Maxie Vs Archie Vs Cyrus Vs Archer Vs Greechis Vs Greevi

What?

No mention of Evice?

Cross Poison

What a Catch, Donnie
Reaction score
Re: Boss Battle: Giovanni Vs Maxie Vs Archie Vs Cyrus Vs Archer Vs Greechis Vs Greevi

Chuck Norris.

jcogginsa

Reaction score

the big bads of the main series games, plus greevil battle

who...
-Wins in a battle
-Has the coolest design
-Has the best rate of success
-Has the best organization
-Has the best pokemon
-Has the coolest name
-Has the best plan

i'm giving my opinion right now

1.Greevil
2.maxie
3.greevil
4.greevil
5.greechis
6.Giovanni
7.Greechis

Data_Error

Gym Apprentice
Reaction score

Of these, I've only played the handhelds and Colosseum, so...

I'm a fan of the way Aqua and Magma played off each other, but Cyrus was a much better character for the role he was in and Giovanni has a lot of street cred for how long he's been around and how much he's been fleshed out over the years.

I'll let Greechis take this one, since (by the rough translation I played) he seems to be the most out-and-out evil for all that he actually did.
Bonus cred for semi-successfully raising a child as essentially a science experiment, forcing the Gym Leaders to scramble and hijacking League HQ. Made him seem like an overlord, puppetmaster-type character, who wisely kept himself out of harm's way until he seriously had no other option.

N.k

What're YOU looking at?
Reaction score

Sexy, sexy Maxie.

Archie and Giovanni come close second, I hate Greevil because of his damn legendary birds with the low catch rate, and cause it was so obvious who he was...

Green Zubat

Have a pancake.
Reaction score

Giovanni, I was gonna say Cyus but G wins for the topping himself thing. That was epic (in a morbid way).

Rakarei

Unregistered User
Reaction score

Giovanni actually had reasonable goals.

Orion-Sama

I love Iris!
Reaction score

Um... the Don VS the Well-Intentioned Extremists VS the Nietzsche Wannabe VS the Complete Monster VS the Man Behind The Man #2 VS the Elite Mook...

I gotta go with the Nietzsche Wannabe, Cyrus. He was easily the best villain, the most frightening, and the first one to not give up after defeat. Also, he was one of few that actually posed a challenge, especially when compared with the first four. The fights against Cyrus are among the hardest in the Sinnoh games. He's also awfully ominous and convincing for his Team, and even managed to have a semblance of a Start of Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in a future Pokémon game from the Distortion World, ready to take his ambitions to the final consequences...

Everyone else besides Archer are great, don't get me wrong. However, Cyrus still is my most favorite.

Last edited:

jcogginsa

Reaction score

Um... the Don VS the Well-Intentioned Extremists VS the Nietzsche Wannabe VS the Complete Monster VS the Man Behind The Man #2 VS the Elite Mook...

I gotta go with the Nietzsche Wannabe, Cyrus. He was easily the best villain, the most frightening, and the first one to not give up after defeat. Also, he was one of few that actually posed a challenge, especially when compared with the first four. The fights against Cyrus are among the hardest in the Sinnoh games. He's also awfully ominous and convincing for his Team, and even managed to have a semblance of a Start of Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in a future Pokémon game from the Distortion World, ready to take his ambitions to the final consequences...

Everyone else besides Archer are great, don't get me wrong. However, Cyrus still is my most favorite.

what's your beef with archer? just asking

Orion-Sama

I love Iris!
Reaction score

what's your beef with archer? just asking
Not with Archer, but with the whole Team Rocket stunt in GSC/HGSS. That aside, Archer has a grand total of one battle against you, and as such, a grand total of one feature and speech. If you really want to stretch it, there's his thin-veiled FRLG feature, but he's still a severely one-dimensional character you meet too little and only has one, bland purpose. Plus, he also falls behind everyone else design-wise. He might be the youngest, but that doesn't really saves him outside of fangirls.

GliscorMan

URPG!
Reaction score

Either Giovanni or Cyrus. Gio has some serious credit with being all so not entirely evil, just misunderstood in the fact that he's in it for money. Cyrus is just plain awesome simply because he got so close to taking over the world. I'll go with... (Flips coin) Cyrus.

mini-chan

"Equality"
Reaction score

Is Greechis supposed to be Geechisu?

Because googling him brings up this thread, and then things un-related to pokemon.

jcogginsa

Reaction score

Is Greechis supposed to be Geechisu?

Because googling him brings up this thread, and then things un-related to pokemon.

yes. but seriously, i've heard tons of names for him. greechi, geechisu, creetis, goetis

mini-chan

"Equality"
Reaction score

I voted for "Greechis".

He fucking manipulates little kids and has a cult of personality just like Kim Jong-Il's !

It's just that, you know, the corruption and weirdness makes it seem coo.

LugiaNinetails

Loves Haxorus
Reaction score

Cyrus or Giovanni or greevil

Cybersai

Reaction score

Gio, then Cyrus.

LugiaNinetails

Loves Haxorus
Reaction score

Who is greechis may I ask which game he's from I chose Cyrus because he's plain awesome Giovanni because he wasn't exactly evil and greevil because he had awesome pokes

jcogginsa

Reaction score

Who is greechis may I ask which game he's from I chose Cyrus because he's plain awesome Giovanni because he wasn't exactly evil and greevil because he had awesome pokes

black and white