• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@Naoto; @Bird Jesus; @Autumnbreeze; @Morgan Freeman; @Lysandre; @GastonGibus; @Kamen_Fanatic; @Midorikawa; @Heroic Sociopath;

It was another morning in the large and bustling Central City; skyscrapers adorned the skies of the city and shone brightly along with the rising sun. People are already going about the daily lives, cars were filling the streets quickly and the general population had already woken up and gotten right down to their daily activities.

In the eastern side of the city in between the bustling shops and restaurant stood a two story black building. In between the two floors was a red foldable red roof; written across it were the words “Void Café” and the front of the building was adorned with a pair of small tables and chairs.

The inside of the building was made up of a long polished bar that went on about a meter or two from the entrance up to the end of the room. The front of the bar was adorned with spinning spinning red bar stools. The inside of the bar itself was made up of two shelves filled with different types of alcohol along with a coffee machine on the right corner of the room right next to a door that led into the kitchen.

The right side of the room had about five rows of wooden tables and chairs that went from one end of the room to the other and the walls were caked with photos of different places and landmarks all around the world.

On the other side of the bar stood a man cleaning and wiping a set of glasses, they were glistening with the light of the sun that shone from the windows thanks to how finely wiped they were. He was muscular and had dark skin with long messy white hair. He seemed to be in his 30s and had a violet left eye and a scar over his right one. At the moment he was wearing a white colored dress shirt over a pair of black jeans and had a black apron around him. He turned around to look at a clock that had been hung on the wall, a frown crossing his face.

“Hey, it’s already 8, the kid’s gonna be late for his first day,” he said with an air of annoyance as he turned towards the woman that was on the other side of the room checking the coffee machine. She had long red hair that went down to her neck tied around in a ponytail along with ruby colored eyes and pale skin, her outfit was similar to the man’s. She turned towards him before looking at the clock. “Oh…he already left.”

“Wait what?” the man asked with a raised eyebrow. “That little…he just keeps sneaking off without a notice,” he replied with a groan before he went back to wiping the glasses. “I swear if it wasn’t because his dad told us to take care of him after he ran away I would just let him die in the street.”

“Now don’t be like that,” the woman chuckled. “He’s not so bad, plus he does have a goal.”

“Starting his own Bounty Hunter Guild in this city? He’s delusional…but I guess it could be interesting to see,” the man shrugged nonchalantly as he grabbed another glass.

Not too far from Void Café was one of Central City’s biggest and most prominent landmarks. Central University, one of the biggest and most prestigious universities in the world. Packed with facilities that all specialized in a different field and subject all around, with a vast campus for students and teachers to walk around and explore and in the center of the university itself was a large white clock tower that went high into the sky and stood at about a quarter of the height of Central’s tallest skyscrapers.

“So this is the university I was told so much about,” said Kai with a smug expression as he walked around the campus. At the moment he was wearing a grey colored hoodie along with a pair of black jeans and black combat boots to match. His hood was lowered so as to allow his neck-length red hair to be visible to everyone.

He looked around curiously, staring at the people that walked and the facilities before taking out a stack of flyers from his backpack. “This is a good place to start,” he said with a grin before he started walking around, pasting the flyers all over the walls, trees, lamp posts, doors and boards that he could find around the school.

A smirk went across his face as he stared at the flyer with a proud expression. The flyer read:
Bounty Hunters Guild Petition

Looking for talented Skill Users who wish to form part of a soon to be formed Bounty Hunters Guild.

The meeting place for those that wish to join will be the fountain on the eastern side of the university at 3 pm. Approach the handsome gentleman with red hair.

“Yep, peeeeeerfect,” Kai nodded his head once more. “I’m sure I’ll have quite a few people,” he stated, clearly confident in his attempt. “Then I’ll show that old man and everyone that says I can’t do this how wrong they are.”

Aulay's lean form slunk through the crowd of people, ripping a brochure from Kai. "..Somewhat interesting.." he mumbled, eyes shadowed by his midnight black hair. Under the cover of his dark hair, he took a glimpse at the kid.

A girl skated through the campus, singing a little song in an old language she had presumingly picked up from somewhere, her face looking like a face of slight daydream.

If one would noticed, this girl, Tia, had no skates on her feet whatsoever to propel herself with, but rather PSI constructs in the shape of what looked like bubbles underneath her shoes.

She skid to a stop when she got to the bulletin board, and noticed the instructions. "Che, sounds like quite the narcissist." Tia said, folding her arms across her chest.

((Kai's reading a flyer on the bulletin board, not a brochure, Morg.))

Jake's red leather jacket blew in the wind as he exited the building. He had just got out of his sword-fighting class. It was probably his favorite class of the day. Mostly because he got to spar with the other students. One of his favorite things was fighting. Any kind: Fist fighting, gun fighting...But sword fighting was his favorite kind. It made him feel like a hero from one of his cartoons.

One of his dreams was always to be a Bounty Hunter. He would have as many opponents as he wanted, and they would be the strongest of the strong. He almost summoned his blade unbidden at just the thought of it. But instead, he headed for the bulletin board. He had hoped to find a team to join. He was old enough, and he had a skill he could use. Maybe he'd find that man, too. As he headed for the board, he noticed three people: A guy with red hair, a guy in purple robes with silver pants, and a smokin' hot chick. His love for the ladies was almost enough to distract him, but then he saw a brochure. He pushed his black sunglasses up, revealing his green eyes as he scanned it. Handsome red head...Nope, none here. He shrugged, then started folding the brochure into an origami crane.

"Here." He said, handing it to Tia, then headed off to go find someone to sword fight.

"...okay," Kai said as Midnight grabbed on of the flyers, raising an eyebrow in curiosity as he saw him walk away. "Well that was strange, but not like I haven't seen enough strange people," he replied, still a bit confused before he turned around to look at Tia. "Maybe just a bit," he shrugged nonchalantly at her, only for him to frown a bit when he saw another guy with a red hood make an origami out of his flyer. He decided to ignore him for now though. "Well I guess I better finish sticking the rest of these flyers," he muttered before beginning to walk off, he figured he could just talk to them once the meeting time arrived.

Serina walked along the university campus using her senses to guide her, along with Cias her dragon. Said dragon sat on her shoulder, yawning, tired after sitting through class with his owner. As they walked, someone let go of a flyer, the wind taking said flyer and blowing it right into Serina's face. "What is this?" she asked Cias, peeling the flyer from her face. Cias flew from her shoulder and onto the shoulder of Kai nearby. Serina followed, tapping his shoulder. "Excuse me but could you tell me what this says?" she asked him, Cias returning to her shoulder.

````````````````````
Gabriel entered Void Cafe sitting down at the counter. "Coffee please," he ordered, shifting his cloak to a more comfortable position.

Kai had to admit he actually jumped in shock when he felt the dragon land on his shoulder. Once he analyzed what it was he looked at it curiously and with a raised eyebrow at how smal it was for a dragon. "Must be a baby," he muttered to himself before turning around to look at Serina and smiling when he saw that she was holding the flyer. "Oh, that's mine actually," he replied with pride before pointing at himself. "I'm Kai and well I made that flyer because I'm looking for people that can help me create a Bounty Hunter guild like no other," he said with a smirk. Looking down at her for a momet he was able to tell she was blind, though he as also able to feel that she was a skill user from the energy around her. "If you're interested in joining I'll be meeting everyone that wants to check it out this afternoon by the fountain on the eastern side of the school"

The man looked at Gabriel curiously as he walked in, they weren't used to having costumers that early. "Will do," he looked towards the woman now. "Lyra, is the machine readY?" He asked curiously.

"Yep, on it," Lyra replied cheerfully before she began preparing the coffee.

"What would you like?" he asked after turning to look at Gabriel once more.

After a quick walk around campus, some interesting choice words were heard from the group near Hazel. She simply slowed her pace down and began to eavesdrop on their conversation out of pure curiosity. Her dark brown hair was currently in its iconic french braid, though the braid itself was put up into a bun. Wearing her baggy, blue sweatshirt over a pair of old shorts, she walked over to the people and widely grinned. "Did I hear someone say Bounty Hunter guild?" Hazel asked, knowing fully well that the guild was previously mentioned in the conversation.

"If so, may I ask for a flyer? I've always loved adventure you know." She added, taking a glimpse of each person there. None of them came off as threatening, so she decided they were alright. She began to fiddle with a loose bolt on her prosthetic leg that was located on the back of where her knee would normally be.

"Sure you can," Kai said happily before handing Hazel a flyer, a confident smile on his face. He was glad that his flyers were getting around after all, originally he wasn't exactly sure on whether his plan would work but so far he seemed to have gathered enough attention. "What are both of your names by the way?" he asked Hazel before turning to Serina.

Up above Kai and the girls, a young man clad all in black was watching the scene through a mask. Well it wouldn't be clear what color he was wearing since he was invisible to the senses. "A guild... that would likely lead to some good training." He said quietly to himself. He planned to meet them at the fountain.

Sitting in the coffee shop there was a young blonde sitting quietly typing on a laptop. Through a pair of tinted square frame glasses, she was humming quietly to herself. She had a pair of earbuds in her ears but she wasn't playing music. She instead listened to what was going on around her. Not vocally, but mentally. She always learned the most wonderful things in public places.

"Thanks...you." Hazel said to him, taking the flyer from his hand. With a laugh she added, "I should be asking you the same thing. Name's Hazel by the way." She added with a wide grin, stretching her arm out to shake his.

"Normal coffee with little sugar and creamer or milk. Whichever you have," he told the man. He looked around the cafe, observing who else was inside. He noticed a girl with a laptop and earphones on. He wasn't sure why but he knew something was up with her. Whether it was dangerous or not, that was yet to be known.

``````````````

"A guild huh," Serina muttered to herself before she heard Kai's question. "I'm Serina and this is Cias. It's nice to meet you," she told him with a gentle smile.

"Well I'm Kai," Kai said while pointing at himself. "And I'll be delighted to have two lovely young ladies like you two in my guild," he stated, his confident tone coming back like before. He then looked over at Cis with curiosity for a moment, though he decided it would be best to address that later. "Anyways, I hope to see you two this afternoon then."

Lyra went right to work on the coffee that Gabriel had ordered while the man finished wiping the bar. At that moment he looked towards the wall on the other end as a frown crossed his face. "Hey, did the kid ended up leaving one of his silly flyers on the wall, I thought I told him not to do that."

"Well you know, he's just advertising is all," Lyra replied calmly before walking over to Gabriel and setting down the cup of coffee. "Here you go," she smiled kindly before turning back to the man. "Now Lovo dear, don't show that frown to the costumers."

"Fine," Lovo groaned.

On the wall was a flyer similar to the one Kai had made to take to college, except that instead of having the fountain set as the meeting place it said: "If you want to join then please come back to this bar at 4 pm"

"Looks like you're not one for shaking hands." Hazel commented with a grin. "Come on, I don't bite." She playfully added, her arm still outstretched.

Gabriel took a careful sip of the coffee, wrinkling his nose slightly at the bitterness. He had never truly been a fan of coffee, however his mother lived off the stuff, so he head taken to drinking it like she did. Hearing the couple talk about a flyer he looked over, wrinkling his nose in disgust, before remembering a question he had in mind. "Are there any guilds here? Ones not run by narcissists?" he asked, narcissists referring to the flyer poster.

```````````````````
"I'll think about it. Nice meeting both of you, now if you'll excuse me," she bowed slightly, walking away.

"Well..." Lovo started talking before getting elbowed by his wife, causing him to groan and rub his ribs.

"He's not so bad, he's just a bit confident in himself really," Lyra pointed out as she turned to look towards Gabriel and handed him some sugar. "Put some this in the coffee by the way. But anyways, I do recommend giving it a chance," she said politely.

"You don't need to advertise for the kid," Lovo groaned before he began to walk towards the kitchen. "Though if you want a guild that isn't run by someone that's full of themselves then you're not going to have much luck in this city,"

"Now that wasn't that bad now was it." Hazel replied after pulling her arm away from the hand shake, a wide grin still present on her face. "See you this afternoon, kid." She added, walking away with the flyer in her grasp.

"No not really, there's a lot of guilds and there are really big guilds too," Lovo explained while crossing his arms. "But the big guilds for one are those run by people that have spent so much time in the spotlight they've gotten overconfident, for someone that just joins you'll probably end up with the shitty jobs," he pointed out nonchalantly while waving his hand around. "For smaller Guilds they usually disband or are taken over by the bigger ones, not to say this won't be the case but...I at least believe the kid would rather die before letting anyone take over his guild or admit he was wrong and disband it."

Kai looked down at his hand after Hazel had walked away, a bit confused as to why she wanted to shake his hand so much. "She must like me," he replied with a smug expression as he tugged onto his backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom