• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey there Juliet...you look like went through hell," Liza pointed out once she saw Juliet walk down.

"Well, you'd have time I'm sure," Kai pointed out, noticing that Juliet had walked down. "Give me a moment," he told Kari before he got up and went to talk to Juliet. "Hey Juliet," he greeted her, still feeling awkward over what had happened before. "Uh...Uncle Jack told me he wanted you to go to his lab so he could talk to you."

Juliet chuckled at Liza's remark as she glanced at Kai. "Right. Of course Dad wants to talk to me." She muttered, clearly irritated. "Thanks." Without saying anything more, she vanished from the kitchen.

"When Juliet comes back, we can finally go eat," Ant said, leaning his head back on the couch. The textbook on his lap was now closed, and he was clearly tired and bored.

Hazel simply let out a sigh, now resting her head in her hands.

Yui gave Juliet what could be considered the evil-eye up until she left, her expression becoming unreadable as she looked towards Hazel. The girl stopped humming, seeming to pick up on the melancholy mood the older Skill User was radiating, casting her enigmatic golden gaze to the window.

"Aww, is the little bug tired?" Bria teased as she smiled at Ant, "Seriously though, what's had your attention all morning?"

"Whatever you woke me up for better be important." Juliet was standing in her father's lab. Jack was working on his computer.

"It is." Jack said, not looking back at his daughter. "You're getting sloppy." He stated bluntly. "And now is not the time for that."

"Sloppy?" Juliet asked incredulously. She was expecting a lecture from him, but not because of being sloppy.

"I'm ignoring that little bitchfit you threw regarding Kai for now..." Jack rolled his eyes. "And I'm moving forward to showing your powers in public. Not to mention that little... fire incident."

"How do you..." Juliet was surprised that Jack knew about this.

"I don't understand why you and your mother are always surprised by the fact that I'm exceedingly well informed." Jack rolled his eyes. "Who do you think made sure that the BHA didn't find you all after Kai, Ant and Leon's little jail adventure." He remarked. "Your powers are too well known. It would have been too easy for that girl to blow the whole thing."

"So what you're saying is..."

"If you're going to do something like that..." Jack chuckled. "Remove the evidence. Finish the job." He mused. "No loose ends, remember that." Juliet raised an eyebrow. This wasn't the conversation she was expecting.

"Oh and two more things. First, for fuck's sake did you really have to throw Kai into the ocean? I mean the kid pours his heart out for you all and well... I think you went a little over the top there. His dad is just like him and you know your mother and I never threw him into an ocean and made him swim home from god knows where..." Jack cut himself off. "Second, you'll be continuing your powerless training your mother started with me." Juliet opened her mouth to protest, but Jack cut her off. "And unlike your mother, I'm willing to play dirty. Talk back, show up late or don't finish your reps... I'm having a nice dinner with Nova later this week. And each time any of those things happen... I'll be telling him something about you that you really don't want him hearing." Juliet groaned. She didn't need to be a mind reader to know that her father was telling the truth. "You're dismissed." Jack stated bluntly, shooing his daughter away. "I'm busy."

"Worst father ever." Juliet quipped before vanishing, returning to the house.

"Yes," Liza replied simply as she turned towards Juliet with a slight smile. "Slow is my only speed level right now after all."

Kai walked over to Yui for a moment. "You okay?" he asked, though it was obvious all the drama going on with the guild was starting to affect her too.

"Yes, the little bug is tired," Ant said, confirming Bria's suspicions. "And it's a book... on plants. I'm looking into any medical uses," he simply answered.

"Be kind to the ocean, it doesn't appreciate you throwing people in it." Yui remarked towards Juliet in a low mutter, before turning to Liza. "It's a song my mom used to sing to me.. One of my few memories of the Eastern Continent." She stated with a smile. Upon hearing Kari, she seemed to light up. "Yes, I do!"

"Want to get some pancakes with chocolate in them when we go?" Kari smiled, "Those always seem to perk me up in the morning."

"Oh cool," Bria smiled genuinely, "Are you wanting to be a healer?"

"I just asked," Yui protested with a slight pout, "you two were the ones that agreed to it."

"Last thing I remember you were singing while you were asking," Kai pointed out with a playful smile. He looked at Juliet as she materialized once more, this time choosing to walk over towards her. He didn't say anything at first, instead rubbing the back of his neck for a moment before sighing. "I'm sorry, Kari already gave me the brunt of it yesterday but, I was a real dick and I risked our cover for not thinking straight...you were right," he said apologetically, he didn't wanna get on the whole subject of the ocean thing but the rest of it was true.

"In my defense, I was practicing." Yui muttered, crossing her arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom