• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Honestly no, I still would prefer it if you just changed the power itself really. Frankly your two options are either changing it or quitting RP really, I know it's harsh but the ability itself is troublesome regardless of what you put in it.

The guy Gabriel was fighting was quickly slashed away but Gabriel's attack, causing him to fall down to the floor.

"Oh you guys are pretty clever, sort of," the mage snickered before vanishing, causing Kai to gasp as he appeared behind him, holding a two of spades in his hand before two swords appeared on his hands. He slashed down at Kai, who blocked the swords with his right arm, only for him to back kicked onto the gut and be thrown against the floor

He then vanished again in order to avoid Tia's attack as he noticed Goldencrantz's bullets. He threw out a 6 of Diamonds out which proceeded to let out a loud and resounding explosion. Unfortunately not all of the bullets were blown away, causing some of them to land their mark before Juliet's shadows also landed on him, causing him to fall to the floor bruised and battered.

"Hazel fire!" Kai yelled as he turned towards Hazel, wiping some blood off from his mouth. "This guy isn't a pushover, we have to make sure we take him out!"

"Why would I need crates of gunpowder!? Do you seriously think a dual wielding sharpshooter professional assassin wouldn't have what he needed to attack?" Goldencrantz sighed and quickly swapped bullets, firing several numbing/temporary electrical paralysis bullets at the mage to prepare him for apprehension.

Leo hurried out of his bed. "Bed" was a bit of a misnomer. It was more of a newspaper. It was the only piece of furniture in his house. "House" was also a misnomer. He lived in a cardboard box in an alleyway. He had slept through his alarm, which was really just a homeless man he had given some spare change he had found in exchange for waking him up at six or so. He ran to the cafe.

LATELATELATELATELATELATELATE He thought. The people he had met at the guild were really the only friendly face he knew in this country. He was worried he had pissed them off. He would have to make it up to them somehow. Maybe he'd try cooking for them? Or he'd just fight really hard on this mission!

"Has anyone seen a bunch of people who like like anime characters?" Leo asked, bursting into the cafe. After Lovo told him where the rest of the group was, he burst out of the cafe and started running. Then he turned around after realizing he had been running in the opposite direction. He hailed a cab, and he found himself outside of the house. He saw a commotion in the backyard. Was it some kind of party? He wondered what kind of mission it was. Maybe they had to assassinate someone. He'd have to be fully prepared. No fooling around. He held out his hand. A ball of brilliant blue light appeared in it. He focused on the image of his weapon. His brother's sword. Once he had completely materialized it, he focused on bringing it outside of his mind. The ball extended, forming into a beam, and then materialized into a broadsword. It had a blue, winged hilt, and Leo held it in both hands. He ran, heading for the backyard.

There he saw it. His quarry. What he came here to fight.

"Awesome, is that an ice cream cake?" He asked, stepping on the mage as he ran for it. He might have helped his guildmates, but it looked like they were about done.

"Sorry I'm late. My alarm clock didn't go off."

Once she heard her name called out like that, Hazel suddenly perked up and flung her arms up, the water still floating around her fists. She glanced over at the man and quickly thrust her arms towards him, creating a powerful torrent of water in his direction.

"Alright," Edward said to Goldencratz. His head was hurting from all this anyways. He created a Rifle in his arms with a 1.5X Scope, and proceed to dispatch the remaining goons from afar. His bullets were technically real objects, not psychic constructs, so he couldn't trust the mage to not manipulate them. The others will have to deal with him, Edward thought.

Because of Goldencrantz's bullets the mage wasn't able to move, causing him to be hit by Hazel's attack and for him to be sent flying back and rolling on the floor. "Awesome," Kai replied with a sight as he stood up and looked at the man's unmoving body.

Or so he thought. In between his index and middle finger he had been holding one sole card, an Ace of hearts. As soon as he let the card fall to the floor it glowed and a glowing aura enveloped him, making his wounds vanish and his clothes go back to how they were a few seconds ago.

"Wow, you guys hit hard," he groaned as he got up and rubbed the back of his head. "It's a good thing I saved the heart suit for a pinch moment," he stated as he dusted himself up. "You guys got talent, of all my years working in the mafia I think you guys are the second guild to impress me this much," he laughed heartily as he looked at each one. "But alas..." he pulled out a 6 of clovers before vanishing once more, reappearing in front of Sarah and swiftly taking Ivonne before appearing once more where he used to stand, holding the struggling girl by the arm. "I really hate it when I get hired for kidnapping jobs, but this girl has a very good talent that my bosses wish to use."

"Let her go!" the mage turned around, seeing Roland crawling on the ground and coughing.

"Too bad," The mage sighed as he tunred towards Knight's Void. "I like you kids, so I'll give you a chance to get this little girl back before I deliver her to my bosses," he said before letting a clover card down on the floor. "Use it when you feel like you're ready, you have until midnight today," he stated with a smirk before vanishing once more.

"Damn it!" Kai yelled as he saw the mage vanish with Ivonne, his fists clenching instinctively.

OOC: Pokefan I really do need an answer.

Kai looked at the spot where the mage was standing before turning towards Gabriel and nodding his head. "Yeah, we'll prepare as much as we can," he replied as he looked at the others. "We know what each of his suits do, we can make strategies to counter them," he then turned towards Roland who was being tended to by the butlers and maids, he seemed to be in critical condition though.

"I...I have to...talk to you later," he said to the group while panting. "Come to my room...in 20 minutes..."

Juliet and Rick looked at each other. Neither of them had really pressed the issue during the first rounds and as such were raring to go for round two. Juliet because she was annoyed that her evening had been ruined and Rick because honor dictated he protect and rescue the little girl.

Tia's eyes glowed red and stomped the ground. "Damn it!" She hissed, seething with self-hate. "If only I had been more active!" Tia yelled, angry mainly at herself, though she did stopped her self-hating rant to hear what Roland had said.

'Poor guy...' Tia said, her red-glowing eyes vanishing and an aura of depression wreathed around her. She failed her first real mission, and a girl got kidnapped by a Dark Card Mage.

"Does anyone mind filling me in on what just happened? Who was that guy?" Leo asked. He felt like he had gotten there at the worst possible time.

"We were supposed to protect the girl that guy kidnapped," Kai said towards Leo , his eyes still glued to Roland before he let out a sigh and pocketed his hands. He then turned to Tia. "Rick's right, we'll go beat that guy's teeth in and get Ivonne back," he said with determination. "My only concern is that he didn't use any Queens, Kings, Jacks or Jokers."

"Face cards are worth a lot in card games. I wouldn't be surprised if those four card kinds hold some powerful effects." Tia said, taking out her deck and shuffled them out of unconscious habit. She stopped when she she did a ruffle shuffle, then looked down. Her cards were nothing special. No special arrays for Card Mages to use, just normal playing cards.

"Wonder if he's using a magic playing deck. If so, we can swap them out with my deck." Tia said, holding her playing card deck up.

OOC: I'm still thinking of good replacement powers. Give me the weekend or so.

IC: Edward removed his creations, resting back, mentally fatigued. "We'd best be careful," He warned.

"If we could layer an illusion on him and somehow get close enough to switch the decks, it might just give us a few seconds to open fire." Juliet thought out loud, working on a possible plan as she said it. "I mean you're right, he's no idiot... he'll figure it out soon enough... but if we manage to make him think that the first card he uses is actually a real card through an illusionary trick... then we might just get the small opening we need to get the girl out safely."

"He's definetily experiencd from what I could tell," Kai stated as he looked at the others and crossed his arms. "His energy gives me the chills, he has his years of experience, but we did manage to ovewhelm him that one time," he explained as he remembered how they had been able to hit him before he had healed himself. "So it is possible to sort of overtake him, but it'll be tough," he replied as he heard Juliet's plan. "Honestly your plan isn't bad,but part of me still feels like he might have something on his sleev. Still, this is all based on suspicion so that's a possible plan we can use," he explained. "Spades are swords, Diamond causes explosions, Clover allows him to teleport himself or others and Heart heals, it also seems like the level of the card increases the higher the number and the strongest level so far seems to be Ace, I particularly wonder what an Ace of Spades or an Ace of Diamonds can do."

"Doesn't the Ace represent 1 in playing cards? Why would it be the strongest?" Leo wondered aloud. "And I don't think he'd just leave his cards lying around like that. If I were him, I'd keep them on me all the time. That's what most mages do if they need something to use their magic."

"Ace can be one or higher than the king. As for the other royals, we can probably assume they work similar to their suits just on a much higher level. The Ace of hearts healed him right, so the other hearts must be similar, just different levels depending on the card. Though there is one issue. Are we sure the Ace's count as the highest in this case. He didn't use any other hearts, just that one, thus we need to be careful in case the king is the true highest," Gabriel pointed out, thinking of the fight. "Wait something doesn't make sense. Clubs are explosions right? So then why did it's Ace summon those guys. Maybe the higher four are different than the rest of their suits, which would mean we don't even truly no the hearts ability."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom