• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazel slowly backed up into the dresser, causing everything on it to either harshly shake or fall over. "Who are you?" she asked, aloud.

You know exactly who I am, Hazel.

Magog's voice was eerily chipper about that.

I mean, you did seal me away.

Hazel shook her head. However, upon hearing Magog's answer, her eyes widened in realization. "Why are you here?" she then asked, her voice growing more strained.

"All right, it's done," Kai called out from where he was working as he walked back over to Jack, holding the device he had been instructed to make. "I did my best to make it like it was in the files," he said with a sigh. He was glad most of it was almost done already, without his powers it had been a real problem for him get it done properly.

I've always been here, Hazel. You've just never let me this close to the door.

Magog gave a small, self-satisfied chuckle.

But here I am. I'm glad you're awake. Now, we can talk.

At that moment, Nova had awoken from his sleep, leaving to go to Juliet. It was immediate, no words said. He had to.

It's your fault.

Both Hazel and Nova would hear that echo in their minds.

"Nova wait!" Kari yelled as she went after him, "You need to be sitting down."

Jack nodded, glancing up from the computer quickly. "Good Kai good." He muttered as he looked over at his daughter for just a moment. He was running out of time. "Put it down on the table next to her. I'll install it when the time comes. For now, we wait for your dad."

"Al right, what should we do no-" Kai started before he heard Kari call out to Nova. He began walking over to him. 'Nova, what's wrong?" he asked with a worried expression as he walked towards his friend.

At that moment Klay appeared in the room, Jack's sister by his side, he was holding what seemed like a round device on his hand. "Here I am," his expression changing as he looked around. "Holy shit, what happened here!?"

Magog's words hit Hazel like a brick. Her... fault? This immediately made her feel weak; her hands began to shake. She knew that Magog was trying to mess with her, trying to play around with her mind. But, honestly? She was right. Magog was right. If it weren't for her, Juliet wouldn't be dead. Ant would have his arm back. She and Rick wouldn't have to be standing over her father's near dead body. They wouldn't be in this mess.

"Are... you sure you don't hear her?" Hazel asked Rick again. Panic was in her eyes. Everything was becoming too much for her. Asking him would confirm that it was Magog. "It sounds so real... I swear there's someone..."

"I already told you dad, we fucked up." Mordic deadpanned, gesturing to her missing hand, wrist already beginning to deteriorate with the bone, covered in frozen blood.

Jack sighed. "She died." He said emotionless. He had shut down.

Amber came to her brother and hugged him. "I'm sorry Jack." She muttered. "She was your everything."

"Which is why we have one last throw of the dice." Jack said, now once again determined. "Amber, Kai, Klay. That mech suit in the back." Jack pointed. "Bring it over. We are loading her body inside." He explained.

Rick shook his head. "I don't Hazel." He said quietly. "Your dad is holding on. If she hurries... can you go find any medical supplies. I'll stay and keep pressure on the wound."

Hazel almost laughed. So she was going insane. Good to know. Her mind began to run as she glanced around the room. Medical supplies? She... had no idea where to even look.

A knocking came from the front door. Hazel jumped. However, before anyone could answer, the door swung open.

It was Isabelle.

"Hazel!" she exclaimed, bursting inside. She carried a large case.

"In here," she called back. "Please..."

Following her voice, Isabelle managed to track down the three. At this point, Luis was in poor shape. He was shifting in and out of consciousness. He pulse grew more dull by the minute. Hazel glanced down at the floor, unable to speak.

"Rick," Isabelle commented, approaching the two on the balcony. "Rick what happened?"

"So she has a chance to live," Kari stated, "If he physical body is dead at least...there might be time to save her by putting her in another vessel."

Rick shrugged. "I don't know ma'am. I found him here like this. I've been doing all I can. Keeping the wound under pressure." He said. "Tell me how I can help."

"Life support systems and enhanced bio metrics in the suit. It was going to be for me but we now have to rework." He said quietly. "I need her vital readings tracked." Jack muttered. "There's a chance."

Luis groaned, glancing up at Rick and Isabelle. He let out a sigh. "Isa..." he quietly said glancing at the woman. "Cora... she offered again..."

This caught Hazel's attention, however, she just began to listen. She was in no shape to interrogate her father.

Isabelle glanced down at Luis with concern. She knew exactly what he meant. "Patis isn't safe anymore," she eventually said, almost sadly, as she checked Luis' condition. However, a simple glance over wouldn't do much. "This isn't good. We need to bring him somewhere with better medical," she said. "The hospital was under attack when I left. I don't know what to do now..."

Isabelle frowned, glancing down at Luis. She continued to work on bandaging him and stabilizing his condition. "And once this is settled," Isabelle mused. "I want to know what happened to you guys. That was part of my earlier question, Rick."

Leon sat wordlessly in a corner of the room, one hand pressed against his forehead as he tried to ignore the sharp pain shooting through his mind. He'd never realized how much of a part of him his powers were. It felt like a chunk of himself had vanished along with the skills. As such, his mind wasn't reacting positively.

"All our skills. Gone." Rick said quietly. "Juliet is dead." He wisely left out ant's condition. He also left out the fact he'd been shot. "We have a safe house. Jack has a lab nearby. State of the art equipment." Rick instructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom