• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Box legendaries?

I don't exactly get why everybody thinks the box legendaries will be wolves. I get the logo thing, but there's usually a tie to the pokemon's biology in that (x resembles xerneas' dormant form, y is roughly wing shaped, sun looks like a mane, moon's twin crescents resemble a bat), which SwSh's logos lack. Taken at face value, this would mean that the legendaries are literally just a sword and a shield with a wolf ornament.

Personally, I think they'll be humanoid, like 100% form Zygarde.

Taken at face value, this would mean that the legendaries are literally just a sword and a shield with a wolf ornament.

You answered that yourself in a way.

I get the logo thing, but there's usually a tie to the pokemon's biology in that (x resembles xerneas' dormant form, y is roughly wing shaped, sun looks like a mane, moon's twin crescents resemble a bat), which SwSh's logos lack.

First of all, SwSh’s logos don’t lack that. That element is the wolf head.
And you say that it’s a tie in. It’s exactly that- a tie in. Just like Xerneas isn’t a literal X or Yevtal isn’t a literal Y, the legends won’t be a literal Sword or Shield.

People think the legendaries are wolves because the logos contain a hint of biology of the legend (like you said), and apart from the Sword and Shield (which are literally the game names) the logo contains only one other thing- a wolf head! Which coincidentally is a biological element....

The wolf guess isn’t exactly unfounded if you look at it from that angle.

Yeah, but it's not exactly subtle the same way literally every other logo up until this point has been. The wolf head is clearly defined, but there's no other indication of biology on the logos anyways. As in, the structure of the legendary's body in an otherwise inorganic part of the logo.

The wolf head is clearly defined, but there's no other indication of biology on the logos anyways. As in, the structure of the legendary's body in an otherwise inorganic part of the logo.

That’s the only thing we’ve got though, so people suspecting the legend to be a wolf isn’t unfounded. It’s the claim with the most chances right now. Specially since most of the logo is pretty plain.

And anyways, a wolf head would be a notable part of the structure of the legendary in the otherwise inorganic part (the sword handle) of the logo.

Last edited:
That’s the only thing we’ve got though, so people suspecting the legend to be a wolf isn’t unfounded. It’s the claim with the most chances right now. Specially since most of the logo is pretty plain.

And anyways, a wolf head would be a notable part of the structure of the legendary in the otherwise inorganic part (the sword handle) of the logo.
This just gave me a new, very stupid idea: what if the box legendaries are actually inorganic wolf-like creatures made made entirely of different varieties of their respective weapons? Basically, we get a wolf made of swords and another one made of shields.

This just gave me a new, very stupid idea: what if the box legendaries are actually inorganic wolf-like creatures made made entirely of different varieties of their respective weapons? Basically, we get a wolf made of swords and another one made of shields.
Not sure why, but I feel like that would have fit better in Final Fantasy XIII. Maybe it's because how inorganic most enemies looked there.

I’m not sure how appealing that’d be...
Both the legends being basically Stakataka 2.0?

i Guess there could be that off chance that the wolf head refers to a 3rd dude and there is actually 2 other dudes that are represented by a sword and shield offence and defense but I don't think so. I think that it's probably one wolf that is either offensive or defensive depending on version. But it could be two separate wolves like twins or siblings that one is offensive and the other is defensive and be version exclusive when it comes to catching.

Again, phantom knights anyone? I don't believe I got a clear answer on that.

If the version legendaries are, or are not likely, to be some variant of the archetype I described. That's all :)

I agree with PkmnTrainerV that a legendary made of swords or shields doesn't seem appealing to me. But inorganic box-legendaries would be something new and it's a great idea! What if the legendaries were wolves created by the villain team?

A5hlPSS.png

But furthermore, we are not even sure yet if the box-legendaries will be wolves, although they are likely to be. We'll be sure on Wednesday! (hopefully)

Well, we did get wolves after all. Come to think of it, Galar might not be the best region to have humanoid legendary pokemon. It would make more sense in a region based off of Germany, the former Czechoslovakia, Poland, or in general central or eastern Europe.

The Legendary for Pokémon Sword is Zacian. It's a wolf with a sword in his mouth. And the Legendary for Pokémon Shield is Zamazenta, who is a wolf with a shield collar.

Everyone's hating on these new designs. I don't think they're that bad. They certainly run circles around all of the UBs, IMO.

The official site describes them like this:

Zacian: Its shining blade can cut through anything.

Zamazenta: Its gleaming shield can turn back any attack.

Which got me thinking about a particular story...

Courtesy of the Wiktionary page:
There was once a man in the state of Chu, who was selling shields and lances. He was praising them saying: “My shields are so firm, that there is nothing that can pierce them.” He praised his lances saying: “My lances are so sharp, that there is nothing that they cannot pierce.” Someone asked: “What if you used your lances to pierce your shields?” The man could not answer. A shield that cannot be pierced and a lance that can pierce everything cannot exist in the same world.

Hence the Chinese word for contradiction being made up of the characters for 'spear' and 'shield'. The Japanese word is derived from the Chinese one, as Wiktionary says.

Now then, what will happen when Zacian's blade clashes with Zamazenta's shield? To use a more familiar phrase, what will happen when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom