• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

Re: Hoenn Remake Confirmed- Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

There is NO WAY that those pics on the box art are just the ordinary Kyogre and Groudon. I mean, they look quite different to me. ESPECIALLY Kyogre.

Which leaves two possibilities:
-New forms
-Mega evos

I'm fine with getting new forms, but taking into account that Mega evos are like the "new" thing in Pokemon right now, it would make sense that they're mega evos instead.

The reason they're probably NOT a redesign is because they already made 3D models for Groudon and Kyogre in X and Y. So I don't seen why they would make their 3D models AGAIN.

The thing that's really ironic about this is that I still haven't been able to own a DS or 3DS to play any of the Pokémon games starting with Diamond & Pearl, so I've been stuck with Gen 3 games like the original Ruby for GBA, Fire Red, and Colosseum and XD for Gamecube, but I've actually been content with that anyway since I've beaten these games and trade Pokémon between them all the time.

I would like to see what these remakes are going to look like though, since I do like X & Y and intend on getting a DS and 3DS sometime to get into those later games (except Black & White, cause I don't like Gen 5 Pokémon). It's just that I would want to transfer all my GBA Pokémon that I've been training all this time into Gen 4 and up, which would probably be a lot of work.

Just would like to say

FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAH

now that that's out of my system, I'm excited. I'm adoring the boxart, with how different Groudon and Kyogre look now than before. Could be a new forme like Giratina, and it could be Megas. Both sound pretty plausible to me -- alternate forme because a few past legendaries have them already, and Megas because, well, it's a new thing. They'll want to use the new thing over and over.

They do not look that different. Not like Mewtwo vs mega mewtwo I do not think they will have megas. Aside from a little extra line art on the face kyogre looks the same?

Do you think it will be more than a side by side release like B/W 2 and silver/gold that wont change any gameplay or introduce new pokemon. If they add new mega evolutions than it would not be compatible with X&Y right?

You can't use the Giratina, Rotom and Shaymin formes in battle against D/P can you? could just be the same thing.

Here's a thought. What if the Orbs are actually Mega Stones?

So Pikachu absorbed a Mega Stone in the anime?

...Think about that....

But no, that would be a neat idea. And since no one knew about Mega Evolution in the R/S, they were largely ignorant to that fact and only abused a certain amount of the Orbs power. Now in present day, massive gains in Mega Evolution research have been made (thank you Prof. Sycamore, Calem/Serena, etc), and it's been discovered that the Orbs are actually Mega Stones as well. Cue two new villainous teams trying to each obtain an Orb, to not only control the respective Legendary, but utilize their true potential and power as well, to eventually rule the world (if not expand the land or sea...again).

Sound about right?

There's a simpler explanation. Mega Evolution Didn't exist during GEN III. That's kind of the end of the story, the same way ppl weren't ignorant about the true typing of Magneton in GEN I, It is just that there was no steel type back then. Whatever excuse they might give is irrelevant...

But I don't think we'll see Mega Groudon/Keyogre for some reasons-
1. They'll have to give Raquaza a Mega too
2. They didn't give the mortality due Megas in XY
3. They already are giving Megas to Lati@s so that would just be too many legendaries with Megas

Mega Evolution has existed since the beginning of Kalos' history. And that predates Gen 3, so it actually was around.

Since Sapphire is called "Alpha", does that mean that Sapphire is considered the first version while Ruby is the second version? That's what I get from those titles.

Thanks for reading.

Or they could be doing what they did in Black and White.

They never did such thing as "dramatized depictions" with box art legendaries.

I don't see why that means they never could. Gen III's art is already in Sugimori's "new" style, so I don't see why the concept of this boxart simply being dramatized and dynamic representations is so hard to swallow.

You can dramatize artwork without altering the basic design--give the Pokemon a more dynamic pose. Emerald didn't use Rayquaza's default artwork but instead gave it a more dynamic pose. So did B2/W2, even ignoring the fact that BW-Kyurem is in Overdrive mode. Kind of hard to justify that these are just "dramatized poses" when their patterns are completely changed (whereas Kyurem had hidden cables extend from its body), and the fact that we know from the original RS opening theme that Groudon's pattern glows blue and Kyogre's glow red.

It's also kind of hard to swallow that they're redesigns considering we can get Groudon and Kyogre in our games already.

Last edited:

What if Alpha and Omega are referring to Arceus (Alpha, the beginning) and Giratina (Omega, the end) and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are going to be remakes of both RSE and DPPt instead of just RSE? And that is why they are promoting the remakes as a new adventure? You read it here first. This post might be serious or not.

Just throwing some things out there..
Im almost willing to put money on them being mega evolutions. why? because this is gen 6, and mega evolution is the gen 6 thing.
And to every one who says they dont look different enough to be mega evos. Take a moment and think about Kangaskhan.

They don't look quite Mega enough for me, so I'm sorta just hoping they are formes. It'll be interesting to see if with the inclusion of Megas including on legendaries, to see if they stop introducing new formes entirely. I wouldn't mind them getting both new formes and a mega.

Has it actually been confirmed that these are indeed remakes, or is it possible that they could be sequels to Ruby and Sapphire?

Since the designs seen on the box covers weren't anywhere in XY, I'm having a hard time believing the changes aren't significant, whether it's something like the Tao Trio's Overdrive thing or just a "dramatization" of their usual look. If GF just wanted to redesign Groudon and Kyogre for no reason, why not include those new designs in XY? Actually, I don't think GF would go around redesigning significant Pokemon all willy-nilly to begin with.

So I think these new designs have to mean something. Mega Evolutions or some other change of form.

Has it actually been confirmed that these are indeed remakes, or is it possible that they could be sequels to Ruby and Sapphire?
The press release explicitly referred to them as "a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire", which just screams fancy PR speak for "remake".

The press release explicitly referred to them as "a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire", which just screams fancy PR speak for "remake".

I see. Although in the video it mentioned exploring 'a dramatic new world.' Which to me, sounds like a possible sequel.

The thing that's really ironic about this is that I still haven't been able to own a DS or 3DS to play any of the Pokémon games starting with Diamond & Pearl, so I've been stuck with Gen 3 games like the original Ruby for GBA, Fire Red, and Colosseum and XD for Gamecube, but I've actually been content with that anyway since I've beaten these games and trade Pokémon between them all the time.

I would like to see what these remakes are going to look like though, since I do like X & Y and intend on getting a DS and 3DS sometime to get into those later games (except Black & White, cause I don't like Gen 5 Pokémon). It's just that I would want to transfer all my GBA Pokémon that I've been training all this time into Gen 4 and up, which would probably be a lot of work.

I just got to reply to this.
I don't know if I'm going oftopic with this but I have to say it.

Please do play Black or White if you have the chance. You may or you may not have seen a lot of BW / BW2 gameplay, I dont know that, but imo Gen V is one of the best generations out there. I didn't like the Pokemon designs at first as well but in the end you'll see they are actually pretty cool. GF did an awesome job in renewing the Pokemon games and the story is one of the best in Pokemon history.

My main point is: if you skip Gen V (only because of the mons) you are missing out on a few great games.

I want to call them Mega Evolutions, but Megas usually look all ramped up and more powerful, have bells and whistles and doodads and whatnot. Kyogre and Groudon on the boxes just have different patterns; their body structure stays the same. I'm wondering if they're a different fort of forme, or alternatively special individuals of the species.

I see. Although in the video it mentioned exploring 'a dramatic new world.' Which to me, sounds like a possible sequel.
Or it's aimed at the franchise's target audience, who are too young to have played Ruby and Sapphire.
Fresh Take =/= Sequel

tumblr_myg56kXyxG1s2i16to1_400.jpg
. We have had one game and we are all experts on how mega evolutions should look.

Or it's aimed at the franchise's target audience, who are too young to have played Ruby and Sapphire.
Fresh Take =/= Sequel

Still considering the timeline and the possible fact of them including Mega Evolutions, a sequel is more likely. Otherwise, they're gonna have to retcon a lot of things if it were plain remakes.

As for Groudon and Kyogre, I'm expecting Mega Evos or at least new Forms (like people mentioned an 'Awakened' form or something)

so excited I can barely contain myself - Hoenn was my fave region and I can't wait to play again in 3d!!

(this has inspired me to dig out my GBA games and go play them now lol)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom