• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

Re: Hoenn Remake Confirmed- Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

WAIT, when were B2W2 and XY confirmed to take place at the same time?! :shake:

So then it's around 10 years more or less. And everyone always groups the originals with the remakes. Force of habit.

Toshinobu Matsumiya confirmed it via twitter.

No idea who he is or what that says... :drown:

He's the scenario writer or whatever for the Pokemon games, and it says:
Red Green ≒ RS → Gold Silver ≒ DPPt → BW → BW2 ≒ XY
(You should have been able to figure that out...)
("≒" means it occurs at the same time...)

Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes
Just read this on Serebii. Thoughts?

I doubt the legends on the boxart are new Mega Evolutions. The only differences I can see are the glowing patterns. If it's a Megavolution, make the change much more drastic than that, please...

Re: Hoenn Remake Confirmed- Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

WAIT, when were B2W2 and XY confirmed to take place at the same time?! :shake:

So then it's around 10 years more or less. And everyone always groups the originals with the remakes. Force of habit.

Toshinobu Matsumiya confirmed it via twitter.

No idea who he is or what that says... :drown:

He's the scenario writer or whatever for the Pokemon games, and it says:
Red Green ≒ RS → Gold Silver ≒ DPPt → BW → BW2 ≒ XY
(You should have been able to figure that out...)
("≒" means it occurs at the same time...)

I saw the = signs and the arrows but there was Japanese characters... LOL

But it pretty much confirms everything I thought so now I'm happy!
tumblr_n4wlvpayOr1r36bj2o7_75sq.gif

Kanto + Hoenn
3 years
Johto + Sinnoh
5 years (I think, not sure where I heard that)
Unova (part 1)
2 years
Unova (part 2) + Kalos

It's just a nitpick, but I find it weird that people look for uppercase Omega (Ω) in the design of OR!Groudon and the Team Magma symbol, but look for lowercase Alpha (α) and not uppercase Alpha (A) in AS!Kyogre and the Team Aqua symbol. In fact, I think uppercase Alpha is more easily recognizable in both the design of AS!Kyogre and the Team Aqua symbol.

That said, forgive me if I believe that the Alpha and Omega seen in the Team symbols are just coincidences. Omega is barely in the Magma symbol. and A in the Aqua symbol is because of the name. Even with lowercase Alpha, you have to rotate the symbol sideways to see it.

As for ORAS boxart Kyogre and Groudon, I really don't think it's just stylized artwork. I doubt they'd put stylized art as boxart. Although I do agree that MEvos usually sport more drastic design changes, I think the boxart at least means new forms (formes?).

It's just a nitpick, but I find it weird that people look for uppercase Omega (Ω) in the design of OR!Groudon and the Team Magma symbol, but look for lowercase Alpha (α) and not uppercase Alpha (A) in AS!Kyogre and the Team Aqua symbol. In fact, I think uppercase Alpha is more easily recognizable in both the design of AS!Kyogre and the Team Aqua symbol.

That said, forgive me if I believe that the Alpha and Omega seen in the Team symbols are just coincidences. Omega is barely in the Magma symbol. and A in the Aqua symbol is because of the name. Even with lowercase Alpha, you have to rotate the symbol sideways to see it.

As for ORAS boxart Kyogre and Groudon, I really don't think it's just stylized artwork. I doubt they'd put stylized art as boxart. Although I do agree that MEvos usually sport more drastic design changes, I think the boxart at least means new forms (formes?).

Well IDK about you, but I find when I'm thinking of greek letters I only ever think of the "iconic" ones - including lower-case Alpha and Upper-case Omega.

Well IDK about you, but I find when I'm thinking of greek letters I only ever think of the "iconic" ones - including lower-case Alpha and Upper-case Omega.

I understand, but I think if you're looking this deep into something it's better to be consistent. Being inconsistent makes things harder to prove.

I mainly find it weird that people are seemingly forcing finding lowercase Alpha (and using it to support theories) when looking for uppercase Alpha is not only easier because it's more clearly seen in the designs, but also more consistent. Perhaps that was poorly worded, and as previously stated, it's just a nitpick.

It's just a nitpick, but I find it weird that people look for uppercase Omega (Ω) in the design of OR!Groudon and the Team Magma symbol, but look for lowercase Alpha (α) and not uppercase Alpha (A) in AS!Kyogre and the Team Aqua symbol.

THANK YOU!!

Well, yeah, they probably ARE coincidences, but GF took advantage of them because they were. And the proof that they DID take advantage of it is that the symbols are kind of visible in Groudon and Kyogre's mega evos/new forms/whatever.

Well, yeah, they probably ARE coincidences, but GF took advantage of them because they were. And the proof that they DID take advantage of it is that the symbols are kind of visible in Groudon and Kyogre's mega evos/new forms/whatever.

The symbols being present in ORAS Groudon and Kyogre's art only supplements the assumption that GF was going for an Alpha/Omega theme when designing them. Why they went for that theme in the first place is not something it proves.

If I remember the mythology, Kyogre would have made the oceans first, and then Groudon rose the land or something right? Then Rayquaza quelled them and Regigigas got to work towing the continents.

The Japanese logos have lowercase Alpha and uppercase Omega in them (similar to how the Japanese XY logos had the Mega Evolution helix symbol while our boxes didn't).

Pok%C3%A9mon_Alpha_Sapphire_JP_logo.png
Pok%C3%A9mon_Omega_Ruby_JP_logo.png

The Japanese logos have lowercase Alpha and uppercase Omega in them (similar to how the Japanese XY logos had the Mega Evolution helix symbol while our boxes didn't).

Pok%C3%A9mon_Alpha_Sapphire_JP_logo.png
Pok%C3%A9mon_Omega_Ruby_JP_logo.png
But WHY? Just because uppercase alpha looks like an "A"?
(Actually, I think that's exactly why....)

Last edited:
Lowercase Alpha kinda looks like a symplistic way to draw a fish (just need to join the tail ends). And Kyogre is a fish. That's all I got. :x

Alpha is the start, as it is said all life started from the sea...

And then some sea life ended, rebirthed on the land. End. Death. Omega.

Life and Death seem like reoccurring themes this gen.

Also, it's not just lines. Daisuki Club sent messages to its users referring them as new, just like B/W Kyurem and Mega Me

With one uppercase the other lowercase I just take that as a part of the duality aspect.

I honestly think that's unlikely...
The only real reason I could see them using different "cases" is because lower case Omega looks too similar to a lower case "w" (except one written in a cursive font), and because upper case Alpha is literally the same as upper case "A".

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom