• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Boxart

anonymous920314

何だよ?!
Reaction score
corocoro-heartgold-soulsilver-box-art.gif

Courtesy of Pokébeach.

Nice!

Too bad ours is going to look so very bland in comparison. :|

I doubt it. I mean all that will change is the font for Pokemon yada yada.

I'm interested in exactly what the actual game case's art is going to look like - it'll probably be almost the same, though I think Ho-oh and Lugia might be shrunk down a bit so that their wings don't extend past the top of the front of the case.

Yeah, but for what it's worth their's looks much better. Meshes better with the images.

Japan gets a new pwnsome redesign of the logo almost every game. NoA is too stupid to to that.

Even changing the color of the US "Pokemon" logo would be a nice change. That kiddie yellow and blue is ugly and nasty after 10 years.

But, yeah the boxart is pwnsome. I seems to be an actual "box" as opposed to the plastic cases that DS games usually come in.

I love how this is a scan ripped out of the magazine. Can't someone just HQ scan the only damn thing?!/rant

Something tells me those of us outside of Japan won't get that packaged with it. But then again we got the wireless adaptors with FRLG so who knows.

The pedometer is packaged with HGSS so I'm guessing it'll see US release at this point. There's no reason Nintendo would package something with something for a JP release only to deny other countries that release. If it was a goodie at purchase I'd be less sure but the fact the Pokewalker is packaged with HGSS tells me it's too important to gameplay to be just a nice extra.

The pedometer is packaged with HGSS so I'm guessing it'll see US release at this point. There's no reason Nintendo would package something with something for a JP release only to deny other countries that release. If it was a goodie at purchase I'd be less sure but the fact the Pokewalker is packaged with HGSS tells me it's too important to gameplay to be just a nice extra.

I agree, I'm pretty sure PokeWalk will be packaged with US HGSS if not released separately at the same time.

Last edited:
Seriously. We got the Wireless Connector packaged in FRLG. Why wouldn't we get the Pokewalker with HGSS?

Seriously. We got the Wireless Connector packaged in FRLG. Why wouldn't we get the Pokewalker with HGSS?
Everyone's scared of NoA/PCI's incompetence.

They must think that event extra's=game staple.

The thing is though, it WOULD take incompetence for NoA/TPCI's people not to give us the Pokewalker here. This is exactly what people have been bitching about the last two E3s- Nintendo courting casual gamers and "soccer moms" with stuff like WiiFit and the like- and now they're claiming they won't do just that for a "hardcore" game?

I know Nintendo is going to do this, because releasing a pedometer with a Pokemon game, a franchise popular with kids, is going to give their PR department a chance to pat themselves on their back in press releases and on news shows.

Which means when that happens we'll have people here bitching about how Nintendo has "sold out" Pokemon. As though they haven't already for the last 10 years.

It's like people in this fandom can't be happy... if they don't release it people will complain, if they do release it people will complain.

I say its obvious it is going to be packaged. I mean ffs one of the most popular franchise of their's and now it got fitness all over it? Nintendo would milk that as hard as possible and all so hell this move will ultimately probably make the sales in the west larger then that of the east. I am not kidding. Watch the first week sales in japan be somewhere round 2M and America 3.

Japan gets a new pwnsome redesign of the logo almost every game. NoA is too stupid to to that.

Even changing the color of the US "Pokemon" logo would be a nice change. That kiddie yellow and blue is ugly and nasty after 10 years.

But, yeah the boxart is pwnsome. I seems to be an actual "box" as opposed to the plastic cases that DS games usually come in.

Well you know, Super Mario and Final Fantasy franchises have retained their logos with little or no change in more than 20 years and nobody's complaining. I love the international Pokémon logo even if it's kiddy, but I agree, there should be some variations, like changing the color scheme as you suggested it (I'd like it to be red and blue, those colors put together have always looked awesome for me and since those were the colors for the international versions of the firts game, it would have fitted perfectly since the begining). For these games in particular, although I know the Pokémon logo will be the same (if it changes ever, it will most likely be at the start of a new generation instead of in the middle and debuting on a remake), but I PRAY they at least keep the stylized Ho-Oh/Lugia (they look simply beautiful). I know, with FRLG they scrapped the leaf and flame from the logo, but it's never too late to fix these mistakes.

And yeah, I celebrate just as you the fact that these games will come packaged inside an actual box instead of a plastic case, thanks Poké Walker! <3 If they sell the PW separately in America, I'll get very angry at Nintendo...

But I didn't like Ho-oh's and Lugia's stock art for the covers >.<

Well the plastic casing is most likely in there. Think special edition but reall normal edition. I swear I can see NoA being cheap about this hopefully not

Of course there'll be a plastic normal case inside, the box is just for the Walker. Honestly, I'd be pissed if there wasn't - are there actually people who'd prefer to have some flimsy cardboard box over a nice hard case to protect the game? :/

Well the plastic casing is most likely in there. Think special edition but reall normal edition. I swear I can see NoA being cheap about this hopefully not

I don't know, FireRed and LeafGreen were sold with the Wireless Adaptor included and it wasn't a special edition, that was the normal one. They only stopped packing them together after a few years when it was re-released as a Player's Choice.

And a plastic case containing both items (DS cart and PW) would be a little big, and thus, more expensive, so even if Nintendo of America wants to be cheap, they would pack them in a cardboard box. Unless of course, they sell each other separately, but I don't think they will.

Of course there'll be a plastic normal case inside, the box is just for the Walker. Honestly, I'd be pissed if there wasn't - are there actually people who'd prefer to have some flimsy cardboard box over a nice hard case to protect the game? :/

Well, I prefer the cardboard box, it has art on both sides and has that nostalgia feel of old Game Boy Games. Have you ever seen how popular these days are music CD's packaged inside carboard boxes (just like old vynil records or digipacks) over plastic cases these days?

And my old cartridges keep their cardboards in a great state, with some of them reaching 20 years old, not to mention that for me the scan looks like the boxes are made of hard, thick cardboard.

Last edited:
Well if this was the gba era lol yeah but now no. Anyway whatever they will bring the west it better be good.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom