• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Boxart

Like I said in the other thread,best box art yet!

I hope the cardboard box will include the game in a case rather than the old method. >> I don't think NoA will miss the chance to promote the PokeWalk. Because it will make exercise "fun".

Having the normal plastic case inside the box would work for me. The big box itself would look out of place with the rest of my games.

I like it! It seems intense.
Also, the pedometer looks pretty nice.

And a plastic case containing both items (DS cart and PW) would be a little big, and thus, more expensive, so even if Nintendo of America wants to be cheap, they would pack them in a cardboard box. Unless of course, they sell each other separately, but I don't think they will.

Who said the case have both items in it? They'll have the usual game case with the card, booklet, and other usual stuff inside, and that and the Walker in separate packaging would both be inside the larger cardboard box.

And no, the old GBA boxes really were not that durable - maybe compared to other boxes, but they'd still crush easily if you weren't careful, and they're definitely not as durable as the plastic DS game cases. This is because the GBA boxes weren't meant to do anything but hold the cartridges until they were bought, and to look nice on the shelf - the DS card cases are meant to look good, and also protect the card and keep it from getting lost. Because let's face it, DS cards are small and can fairly easily snap, and their metal surfaces are more exposed - whereas you could probably run a GBA cartridge over with a truck and still pop it in and play it. So just a cardboard box for a DS game would be a really bad move, and Nintendo isn't stupid enough to deviate from their normal packaging that's worked perfectly well until now for the sake of some people thinking that cardboard is somehow "cooler".

I don't know, FireRed and LeafGreen were sold with the Wireless Adaptor included and it wasn't a special edition, that was the normal one. They only stopped packing them together after a few years when it was re-released as a Player's Choice.
There was actually three releases of the game. First, the game with the Wireless Adaptor. Second, the game without it, and third, the Player's Choice release.

I believe the second and third releases are FR/LG 1.1, which was changed the stop the hacking of Pokémon or somethin'.

Hey guys! They just released the US Box art!!

2emiuj9.jpg

Seriously though, the box art looks very nice. I'm thinking of getting SoulSilver imported just for this reason. But I, for one, do not care about the Pedometer.

Who said the case have both items in it? They'll have the usual game case with the card, booklet, and other usual stuff inside, and that and the Walker in separate packaging would both be inside the larger cardboard box.

And no, the old GBA boxes really were not that durable - maybe compared to other boxes, but they'd still crush easily if you weren't careful, and they're definitely not as durable as the plastic DS game cases. This is because the GBA boxes weren't meant to do anything but hold the cartridges until they were bought, and to look nice on the shelf - the DS card cases are meant to look good, and also protect the card and keep it from getting lost. Because let's face it, DS cards are small and can fairly easily snap, and their metal surfaces are more exposed - whereas you could probably run a GBA cartridge over with a truck and still pop it in and play it. So just a cardboard box for a DS game would be a really bad move, and Nintendo isn't stupid enough to deviate from their normal packaging that's worked perfectly well until now for the sake of some people thinking that cardboard is somehow "cooler".

Hope you're right. Last year I was hit by a bus and my GBA, with my GreenLeaf inside, were crushed. I'm expecting to get a DS and try if the game still works, as the thing inside the cartridge didn't break. So I really wish you're right, although I think you were talking in a figurative sense.

I must admit I didn't think of a big cardboard box with a platic case inside. That would be perfect.

But still, you gotta believe me, my SNES, N64, Game Boy Color and Advance carboard boxes are in a very good state, and some of those date from when I was a child (I got my SNES at the age of 7) and I didn't take much care for them.

Hope you're right. Last year I was hit by a bus and my GBA, with my GreenLeaf inside, were crushed. I'm expecting to get a DS and try if the game still works, as the thing inside the cartridge didn't break. So I really wish you're right, although I think you were talking in a figurative sense.

I was actually half serious - Nintendo makes pretty tough hardware. I remember a video of someone dragging a GCN behind a truck for a while and abusing it in other horrible ways, and the only thing that happened is that the lid came off - everything else worked fine. XD The more recent generations are a little less durable, but the GBA cartridges still seem fairly tough.

I was actually half serious - Nintendo makes pretty tough hardware. I remember a video of someone dragging a GCN behind a truck for a while and abusing it in other horrible ways, and the only thing that happened is that the lid came off - everything else worked fine. XD The more recent generations are a little less durable, but the GBA cartridges still seem fairly tough.

I remember that. I heard a similar story about the Wii, XBox 360, and the PS3.

The artwork is very cool. I especially like SS. Silver has always been my color. I look forward to holding an English copy in my hand.

WHY WONT THEY RELEAS IT ALREADY????!!!! lol i had to get that out...but i really like the cases, they look good, and aged. and that gives it the nostalgia feel..

Even changing the color of the US "Pokemon" logo would be a nice change. That kiddie yellow and blue is ugly and nasty after 10 years.
This this this this this. Maybe I'm making this up, but didn't one product or products feature the Pokémon logo with a silver outline and gold lettering at one point? I'd love to see that. And the retention of the cool little symbols would be nice.

Honestly, I think the HG box art looks better... kinda makes me want to rethink SS.

And don't worry about a lack of Pokéwalkers. They'll be coming, just wait and see.

Both Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Heroes featured variations on the logo colors. A gold/silver variation would look awesome.

And while the HG box is definitely cool, that Lugia just looks so freakin' pwnsome. X)

Hmm. I never thought about it before, but yeah, redesign the logo. Why not? Castlevania's done it at least once, Metroid does it practically every game (same general design, but with different fonts and colors). No need to get stuck in a rut, especially for a franchise so relatively young.

My DS was run over by a minivan and it still works, and the game inside it still works prefectly. I'd say the recent stuff is still pretty durable :D

I boiled my copy of yellow and it works fine ffs. Nintendo has some kinda crazy lab with their own type of plastic being made there called nintendium.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom