• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

HELP: Brainstorming place names for Solitaire Island

LightningTopaz

Brock's Pikachu
Reaction score
As I'm brainstorming names for my upcoming TCG adventure, I may need some help thinking up place names that are references to card games, or card game terminology (names of suits, card ranks, etc.)

Here's what I have so far:

Deuce City (a two of anything is often called a deuce)
The Three Jeweled Peaks (a reference to both Tripeaks and Pokemon RSE)
Klondike Mountain and Klondike City (named after the best known solitaire variant)
Spider Woods (a reference to Spider Solitaire--poor Misty will not enjoy helping out the Bug Club)
Shamrock Forest (a reference to another Solitaire variant--the Grass Club meets here)
Delphi Dunes (a reference to the Solitaire variant Delphi--the Fire Club meets here)
Freecell Fortress (Team Labyrinth's hideout on Labyrinth Island)

What are some other card came names, and card terminology would work as a place name? Don't stop at just English names, either!

LightningTopaz

Brock's Pikachu
Reaction score
  • Staff
@Torchic W. Pip

That is a good start--I am planning on expanding both islands into a bigger location, so I felt giving all the places on Solitaire Island (and some places on Labyrinth Island) card game names would give them character.

Torchic W. Pip

Beautiful and Proud
Reaction score
Pronouns
they/she/he
@Torchic W. Pip

That is a good start--I am planning on expanding both islands into a bigger location, so I felt giving all the places on Solitaire Island (and some places on Labyrinth Island) card game names would give them character.
I really like that idea. It's very Pokécore and also Topazcore.