• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: Brainstorming place names for Solitaire Island

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
As I'm brainstorming names for my upcoming TCG adventure, I may need some help thinking up place names that are references to card games, or card game terminology (names of suits, card ranks, etc.)

Here's what I have so far:

Deuce City (a two of anything is often called a deuce)
The Three Jeweled Peaks (a reference to both Tripeaks and Pokemon RSE)
Klondike Mountain and Klondike City (named after the best known solitaire variant)
Spider Woods (a reference to Spider Solitaire--poor Misty will not enjoy helping out the Bug Club)
Shamrock Forest (a reference to another Solitaire variant--the Grass Club meets here)
Delphi Dunes (a reference to the Solitaire variant Delphi--the Fire Club meets here)
Freecell Fortress (Team Labyrinth's hideout on Labyrinth Island)

What are some other card came names, and card terminology would work as a place name? Don't stop at just English names, either!

@Torchic W. Pip

That is a good start--I am planning on expanding both islands into a bigger location, so I felt giving all the places on Solitaire Island (and some places on Labyrinth Island) card game names would give them character.
I really like that idea. It's very Pokécore and also Topazcore.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom