• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Brendan vs Lucas

King of KOTBC

I'm a squirrel
Reaction score
which character is cooler in the games to use personally i prefer brendan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna have to go with Brendan. I liked RSE a LOT better than DPPt, and that partly had to do with the fact that I thought Brendan looked cooler than Lucas.

Brendan. The only albino / double-colored hair character in Pokemon, plus his anime counterpart is a bit... mysterious (he have appeared in three movie cameos for no apparent reason. Why?)

Hoenn was my favorite region. Brendan has a cooler design. (That's my opinion)
So yeah Brendan.

Brendan, because he's my favorite male PC. And while I love Dia in PokeSpe, I think that Lucas's game art is just sort of "meh."

Lucas. He's so underrated; I love how his design along with (Ethan, Hilbert, and Kyouhei) is laid back and "I just happen to be a strong trainer" instead the aggressive, "I'm trying too hard to be a strong trainer" design of Brendan(along with Red and Gold).

*cry* Don't make me choose. I like them both a lot, but I guess I'll have to go with Brendan. I just love his design, especially in Emerald. Weird shorts-over-pants-things and spawned the hair or hat mystery, yeah! (I'd always assumed it was a hat.)

Lucas, no contest. I never liked the designs of either player character in RSE, and I really liked both for DPPt. I honestly don't get the love for gen 3, I thought it was terrible compared to the others. Also, Brendan's hat is totally stupid. It looks more like hair. Also, Lucas had more personality than any of the other male player characters when you're not playing as him. He's forgetful, pretty casual, and pretty calm too. In fact, he's like the opposite of Barry. He never rushes or loses his cool unlike him. The other male player characters felt robotic. Especially Ethan.

Lucas. I like his design better, and I liked DPPt much better than RSE. And Brendan's white hair hat thingy is weird.

I think Brendan's hat is totally stupid, and so Lucas looks a bit cooler to me. Plus I think DPPt were much more fun than RSE.

Brendan!! Because Ruby was my fav PokeSpe charcter!! XDD

But seriously, I love that hat which made everyone think it was his hair XDD

Lucas, has nicer clothes and I always liked that scarf.

That's all I can base it on because they're blank slates as player characters.

Brendan, because I love his design. I didn't even know that "hair" of his was actually a hat until a couple of months ago.

Neither, as they are two of my least favourite male protagonists.

Lucas, his Diamond and Pearl scarf looks great on him, and his Platinum outfit has a whole is also nice. Brendan is okay, but for the longest time I didn't realize he was wearing a hat, I thought his hair was white and he just had a sweatband on, so that kind of lowered him on my favorite male PC list. I do like Brendan's Emerald outfit more compared to his Ruby/Sapphire and ORAS outfits, though.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom