• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite Pokémon from Gen IV is Cherubi. 1) They're cute as heck. 2) I love any special ability based on weather, including Cherubi's Chlorophyll ability. 3) Cherubi are small enough that I could hold and travel around with them easily. 4) My mom got me a Cherubi stuffed animal back when I was in highschool and I still have it. Now it's part of my kids' collection!

Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My pick is Gallade because I am a sucker for cool designs and I think I made the right choice by having one in my Platinum party even tho he was a glass cannon at best

Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite generation 4 pokemon is torterra. Turtwig was my starter the first time i played platinum and since then it has become one of my all time favourites and my favourite grass type pokemon. It is so good and i have a nostalgic attachment to it.

My favourite gen IV pokemon would have to be Manaphy! I'm super excited to hear that we'll be getting a manaphy egg for bdsp as I've not been able to use one in the games before now! I've loved pokemon since I was a kid, but I didn't own any of the games for a long while. At school one of my friends would bring in a bunch of pokemon figures and he let me play with a manaphy and I fell in love with it! Been my favourite ever since.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Diamond was my first game so a lot of my favourite Pokémon were from there which makes this really hard, but it has to be staraptor, he just looks so cool especially since he can learn close combat which is just crazy and one of the biggest reasons I loved him as a kid. That red stripe on top is cool af as well. Definitely my favourite route 1 bird.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Hi! My favorite pokemon from Gen 4 is Shaymin. I love both forms and the design of the Pokémon. It is so cute and the shiny is so adorable. The way it looks always reminds me of my favorite part about Sinnoh. All the flowers everywhere and using Honey to attract Pokémon to the trees. Gen 4 was the first Pokémon game that I was conscious about how to better play the game. Gens 1-3 I remember but vaguely. Gen 4 will always have a spot in my heart.

My favorite gen 4 pokemon is my favorite pokemon period: Luxray! Gen IV was my first true pokemon generation. I really started with XD: Gale of Darkness on GCN, but didn't have the chance to play a core series game until Diamond on the DS. My starter was Piplup, but the first pokemon I caught was a Shinx on route 202. Being the 7-year-old kid that I was, the Piplup quickly fell into disuse as I essentially solo'd the whole game with my Shinx. By the time I reached the champion, my luxray was already nearing lv. 70. Today, that same Luxray sits in one of my boxes in Sword.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
my fave sinnoh pokémon is turtwig cause it was my first starter in sinnoh, and i love it’s look and grass types are my favourite. it’s last stage is awesome as well, and turtwig is just overall perfect :)

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen 4 Pokémon is Chimchar due to him being a monkey

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen IV Pokémon is definitely Spiritomb. Dark and Ghost are two of my favorite types. It’s lore of being many souls sealed away is fascinating to me. I even shiny hunted it in Gen VIII, which took so long but it was worth it.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Sinnoh Pokémon is Empoleon. It’s design is epic and impeccable, while my memories with it go deep.

My favorite Generation IV Pokémon is Mamoswine.

The Ice type has been vastly underrepresented throughout the entire history of the franchise. Mamoswine is one of several examples where they took the opportunity of the iconic aspect of Generation IV, of expanding some existing Pokémon families, and used it to give us some great Ice types (with other examples being Weavile, Froslass and Glaceon). In this case specifically by giving a Johto Pokémon that I initially saw as underwhelming and uninteresting in its evolved form (Piloswine) a completely unexpected evolution, by adding a prehistoric flavor to it.
I've adored Mamoswine since its introduction and have often tried to use it in competitive battles as well. Most recently, it's been a staple on many of my VGC/RankedDoubles teams in Sword and Shield all the way from Series 1 to Series 9, and even battled for me in some of the Player's Cup competitions.
I love Mamoswine so much, I even hunted for one with a personality Mark (eventually catching a "Humble" Mamoswine).
mamoswine humble.jpg

Hello! My favorite gen 4 Pokémon has to be the Staraptor line. Most specifically Starly but I love all 3 evolutions. My favorite animals are bird and when watching the Anime I was always drawn to Ash’s Staravia and it quickly become one of my favorite lines out of any Pokémon.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Pokemon from gen 4 is Darkrai. It's 100% because of how cool the movie was to me. One of my first desktop backgrounds was the promtional art of Darkrai flying towards you with Dialga & Palkia behind it with some Japanese text of the title. Always a legend.

My favorite is Infernape. I love its Journey to the West inspired design and it was my first starter in Sinnoh. I have a strong attachment to it from my first playthrough and have loved it ever since.

My favourite Gen 5 Pokémon absolutely has to be Staraptor. For me, they absolutely redefined the necessity of the early route birds. They are must for any multi-type Sinnoh play through.

There was a thrill for me, rediscovering Pokémon at 15, to find that this bird Pokémon packed a significant punch. Or at least, it felt like it at the time. 485 (now) isn’t the best BST in the world but it’s perfectly solid. Ariel Ace, Close Combat, Double Team and Return is just chefs kiss. Hopefully, in my dream world, the mega version becomes part fighting type. I could see the wings becoming shaper and more like scythes. What a birdie.

my fave gen 4 mon is torterra! platinum was my first game in the series so i cherish my first pokemon, leafy the lvl 100 torterra <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom