• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!

My favorite Pokemon introduced in gen 4 definitely has to be chimchar. It was the first starter I ever chose in Pokemon Diamond. However, it was not always my favorite. At the beginning I had chosen chimchar by mistake and I originally wanted Piplup, but then eventually I warmed up to chimchar especially after seeing Ash's chimchar in the anime. After being abused by Paul, Chimchar found a loving trainer who was able to bring the best out of him and it was very inspiring for me.

My favourite Gen 4 Pokémon is the almighty Mamoswine.

When I got back into Pokémon in my early 20s I played through HeartGold. I was struggling something terrible with beating Lance so I made a last minute addition to my team: Minato the Mamoswine (well I caught him as a Piloswine obviously).

Minato was a bit under level for Lance but after getting him to about Level 40 I decided to at least try and used a bit of strategy with him.

Knowing he’d be slower than the three Dragonite anyway I taught him Avalanche which as we know doubles in power if the user takes damage first during the turn.

And it worked like a charm. Minato tanked one Dragon Rush/Outrage from each of Lance’s Dragonite and immediately one hit KO’d them (with healing in between Dragonite).

It was my first time beating HeartGold and I was over the moon. And it was all thanks to Minato.

So from then on, one of my very favourites and definitely my favourite Gen IV Pokémon.

And of course Minato is now comfy in Pokémon HOME having truly earned his spot amongst my elite team members.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen 4 Pokémon is probably Ramprados because I love the direct inspiration they took from one of my favorite dinosaurs. When D/P first got released dinosaurs were my favorite thing in the world and one of my favorites was the Pachycephalosaurus which is the dinosaur the Rampardos is based off of so being able to use a Pachy in a Pokémon game was a dream come true

My very first, favorite Pokémon in Gen 4, and through the whole franchise is definitely Piplup! It's such a dear company close to my soul. Love the design, portrayed characteristics, and basically everything else about this baby. To me, Piplup means perfection and my nostalgic bundle of joy. Never tired of choosing and playing with Piplup in every playthrough, be it Diamond or Platinum, and Brilliant Diamond too in the near future ♡♡♡

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourites have to be infernape and weavile! I always preferred the fast hard hitters and the two of them fit the bill perfectly. Plus I loved their designs :)

I love infernape but hate ambipom they did aipom bad but it's a needed evolution

My favorites Gen IV Pokémon has got to be gastrodon west sea form. It reminds me of the coral reefs while also being super bulky. I love the range of attacks it learns and the fact that it only has one weakness is a great plus. The reason I like the west sea form over the East Sea form is because it looks like a small pink cow with the horns it gets!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite is Rotom! I love the different forms, and would love if more forms got added!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen 4 pokemon is Gliscor i loves Ash's Gliscor in the anime and I love its really cool design.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My fav gen IV is leafeon, I’ve always liked grass types and nature and leafeon reminds me of wood elves!!!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite gen 4 (and probably all time) HAS to be drifloon. What's not to like about a cute purple balloon wearing a cloud hat?

It's hard to choose but Spiritomb has got to be my favourite, it's a cool origin with the trapped souls. The effort to get it makes it feel like an achievement and on top of that it became one of my first shiny Pokémon and I love its shiny colours

My favorite Gen 4 Pokémon is Porygon-Z. It’s a crazy glitched computer with a really good ability and a strangely wide movepool. I also like the color scheme and the general similarity between my personality. And the shiny ain’t too shabby, either.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Yeah, can't go wrong with Luxray. It's design is simply the incarnation of coolness, not to mention the shiny. Luxray has my favorite typing (electric) and is with me every time and game it can be. And more, I really like his pokedex descriptions.

I’m currently trying to evolve my Vulpix into a Ninetales in Soul Silver, so I’ll go with Ninetales.
Cute, fluffy, slightly intimidating, and a fire-type, couldn’t ask for anything else!

My all-time favourite Gen 4 Pokemon has got to be Magnezone. Steel and Electric are already two of my favourite types, and Magnezone's UFO-esque design just seals the deal for me.

My favorite Gen IV is Lickilicky due to its enormous tongue, which can be stretched out for more than 84 feet - just for comparison, Wailord is 47 feet long!

My favourite pokemon from generation IV is Togekiss! I got Togepi from an egg when I played platinum and thought they were kind of weak but then eventually they turned into Togetic and was really really strong and eventually Togekiss. Such fond memories with that pokemon :') It speaks to sometimes weaker pokemon with love can turn into strong ones!!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen IV Pokémon HAS to be Carnivine. It's such a cool concept and an awesome and fun design. I just wish it were more viable in competitive or even in normal gameplay, as the Pokémon itself isn't too great right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom