• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen 4 pokemon is Roserade. I could probably choose 5 or so new evolutions that are all worthy of being my favorite, but Roserade is by far the best to me. Gen 4 gave such a forgettable pokemon a pre-evolution and an evolution that both give the evo line so much personality, and top that off with Roserade being an all around powerhouse of a pokemon, it's just hard to beat it.

My favorite Gen IV Pokémon has got to be Shinx. My team playing through Pearl back in 2007-08 included a Shinx I named after my cat Rhubarb, who had run away around that time. Additionally, Shinx was my partner Pokémon in Explorers of Sky, and I named it after one of my best friends. Gen IV was my gateway to the Pokémon world, and Shinx was right beside me that whole time.

My favorite Gen 4 Pokémon is without a doubt Weavile. After playing Pokken and maining Weavile, I fell in love with its personality and appearance. Using it in the main games gave me more reasons to like it as it has a cool typing and move set that just adds to the characterization of the Pokémon.

My favourite Pokémon from Gen 4 would have to be Croagunk. Frogs are always cool and the smug expression he always has is hilarious. Plus the duality of Poison/Fighting gives the impression of a dirty fighter in battle which is very appealing to me. :)

My favorite pokemon introduced in Gen IV is definitely Bronzong! I think it has a cool and fun type combo (especially since the introduction of fairy), an interesting stat spread, awesome abilities (levitate/heatproof), and makes for a fantastic wall/tank of a pokemon which I am a huge fan of. In addition to gameplay reasons, its inspiration and mythos are fascinating to me, and I especially love the "bringer of rain" aspect in its pokedex entries. I tend to gravitate towards most pokemon with origins in Japanese (or other) mythology, and Bronzong is a prime example of a fantastic concept implemented effectively.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
Easy answer but its a tie for me
1.- Mismagius, gen 2 pokemons getting some love in the form of evolutions, count me in
2.-Empoleon, a steel penguin with a tuxedo and a crown integrated into its beak? Thats regal af

My favorite is Giratina. I love the color choices for the regular and shiny forms. In Diamond/Pearl I was frustrated the first time I tried to navigate the cave it was in but ended up excited when I saw the prize at the end of the labyrinthine cave was a spooky dragon. When Platinum was announced, I was ecstatic that my favorite was getting involved in the story.

My favorite Pokemon from Gen IV is Torterra. It is a big turtle that has a big tree and it looks pretty cool.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Chatot. I liked their character in PMD2.

My favourite is Darkrai. Dark type is my favourite along with ghost type and generation IV has some cool dark and ghost Pokémon. Darkrai looks really cool and it's also pretty good in battles. Darkrai also has cool Pokédex entries about nightmares etc. and overall an interesting backstory. I also love the Darkrai event that takes you to the Newmoon Island although the first time I got Darkrai was through the tweaking glitch in my Pearl that was pretty hard and time consuming back in 2008 when I tried it. The Rise of Darkrai movie was also great. Darkrai will definitely be in my team in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl.

It has to be Pachirisu!
My intro to Gen IV was the anime and Dawn’s Pachirisu is so freakin cute!
It’s one of sister’s all time faves too for the same reason.
It was also on my Platinum team and was without a doubt the most dependable member.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
I love Torterra! Turtwig was my first gen 4 starter, I adored Ash's torterra, and who doesn't want a giant earth turtle for a companion? The ground/grass typing is super unique and I love the way torterra plays in game!

My favorite Sinnoh Pokemon has to be Rotom. While I really liked Lucario when I was a kid because of its design and its movie, over the years I've Rotom has grown on me due to its interesting concept of taking over machines and its designs. Its oven, fan, and lawnmower forms are so funny and awesome. The fact that it can change types and gain moves in those forms that count as stab damage makes it really cool. I also think its red shiny looks rad as well. I'm glad it has gotten more love in gen 7 and 8 as the Pokedex and in the Journeys anime as well.

Generation 4 is one of my favorite games, and there are so many cool new Pokemon from that generation. All of the former Pokemon that have been given new evolutions really appeal to me, making Magnezone my favorite from that generation. With a cool typing and good playthrough viability, it can be considered one of the best new evolutions. The only downside to it could be it's evolution method, though it was changed for Sword and Shield. It gives me a lot of nostalgia and it is a cool concept for the Generation 4 games. :)

My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, is Piplup mainly because of it's typing as it evolution tree first it's a cute penguin then it becomes a freaking cool steal one! and the unique typing it has

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Ambipom is the best, hands down (pun intended).

It’s a hard question, Gen 4 introduced a TON of awesome designs for older Pokémon, if I had to choose one, it would be Roserade. Her elegant design and playstyle of Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Toxic and Synthesis holding a Big Root is my favorite moveset. Gallade is a close second with his design as well!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Luxray. He gave me a lot of help the first time I played Platinum, I will never forget it. Also, I really like it's design, it's my favourite pokemon :))

My favorite gen 4 pokemon would have to be luxray since I've always been a fan of electric type pokemon and I've always thought that shinx was also really cute but luxray is just badass. I remember having this epic reverse holo luzray pokemon card as well, which just looked super dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom