• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's honestly a tie between the three Lake Guardians. I am so fascinated by how exactly they were coined with titles that are so inherently human in the real world but are qualities that is stated to have been given to humans by them in the Pokemon world. I just find them so fascinating and mysterious.

My favorite poke is Piplup because ive always been drawn to water types and its just crazy cute.

Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen 4 pokemon hands down is Purugly. It doesnt get much love, for how it looks and its bad stats, but I love them so much, I've used one in every gen 4 playthrough Ive done!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite Gen IV pokemon will definitely have to be empoleon, Pokemon diamond was actually my first game and I knew I had to choose the water starter for how cute it is as a piplup and how cool and tough he shall become as a empoleon with that sleek black look and crown beak, despite how many monked him over the years and debatebly said is the worst among the starter, my love for this pokemon is still here like even let say without feeling bias I would have still pick him given how water steel type is not commonly seen, plus look at his 3D model in pokken tournament its just so detailed and gorgeous, empoleon you will always be my king and favourite gen 4 Mon
empoleon-pokken-tournament-dx-screenshot.jpg

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Regigigas. Simply because it took me ages to find out how to get him, and then he was level . I respect that.

My fave gen 4 Pokémon is gliscor. It’s a cool looking Pokémon with a creative typing and I feel is under appreciated

this is a hard one because pearl was my first ever game and i love way too many of the pokemon that gen 4 introduced. i think it would have to be drifloon for me! ghost types are my favorite and drifloon's design and creepy lore just makes it hard not to love it. i mean look at it, it's adorable.. and terrifying at the same time.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite Generation IV Pokemon is Lucario. I love Lucario because it is a really cool Pokemon and was the first Generation IV Pokemon I remember seeing when I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Plus I was really happy when Ash got his own Riolu and then when it evolved into Lucario, and now I am really hoping that Ash will get a Key Stone and an Lucarionite so Ash can utilise Mega Lucario in battle. It'll be about time that the main protagonist of the Pokemon anime got a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, because Misty and Brock got Mega Gyarados and Mega Steelix respectively. Yes the closest thing Ash had to Mega Evolution in XYZ was Ash-Greninja but I am talking about the actual Mega Evolution here. Plus I love that it has Aura which has helped anyone it has met whether be Ash's, Korrina's or a character of the day's Lucario. Plus Lucario has a seriously amazing design, its Shiny is yellow one of my favourite colours.

My favorite is turtwig as it was my first ever Pokémon. I would play emerald as it was my brothers but pearl was my very first ever game I owned myself. This means that turtwig was my first ever official Pokémon

Mine would have to be Torterra, it was my first ever Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl, and it was my first Gen 4 shiny. Torterra has been with me in every version and actively waiting for me in Pokémon Home

Attachments

• 6C010851-5C82-4C17-B56C-06704532AFC2.jpeg
    6C010851-5C82-4C17-B56C-06704532AFC2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
My favourite Pokémon from Gen 4 is my favourite Pokémon overall, Regigigas. It has a such a cool and unique design as well as some good lore behind it, being the leader of the Regis (my fav legendary quintet). It's also canonically able to move continents! Sure it may not be exceptional in battle but it doesn't stop me from having this beast as my favorite all time Pokémon.

I can't believe the example was Hippowdon, but yes, it is my favorite genIV pokémon. I love ground types, especially Hippowdon and Gliscor. I used to battle a lot in genIV and genV with a monotype ground team including Hippowdon, Gliscor, Nidoking or Nidoqueen, Gastrodon, Garchomp, and Dugtrio. Hippowdon is the embodiment of the sandstream ability and is great to build a team around. I love using it with whirlwind, stealth rocks, eq, and slack off. I love the idea of it using whirlwind instead of roar like it's whipping up a storm, and it is also a niche against the soundproof ability. I generally love strong chunky pokemon and I love hippowdowns colour scheme too, the red eyes are the cherry on top.

my favorite pokemon is empoleon and that’s for the whole franchise. piplup was my first pokemon ever, on the game series and on merch and tcg. i love piplup and can also consider piplup as my fav but there’s something on empoleon that caught my eye, maybe the fact that i evolved piplup quickly so i have more memories with empoleon. every time i think about gen 4 my adventure with empoleon comes to my mind and it makes me smile. i’m so excited for the remakes for the same reason.

View attachment 149664
My favourite Pokémon is Chimchar . I grew up playing diamond and pearl (my first Pokémon games as well as the Pokémon diamond and pearl anime (battle dimension) etc. Chimchar is such a great Pokémon I mean a fire monkey, what more can you ask for. It's duel typing as it evolves proves it to be quite the powerful Pokémon. But the love for Chimchar really came through in the anime with the whole situation with Paul abandoning him due to him being weak. Seeing Chimchars progression with ash starting from being frail and sad to powerful and bubbly really turned my head and made me appreciate Chimchar as a Pokémon greatly. Having the opportunity to play the remake would be amazing as my first memories of the Pokémon games come from Pokémon diamond and my mum coming home from work late and giving me Pokémon diamond as a sorry gift

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Licky Licky! He is so thicc and so chunky. He is one heccin chonker. One chunky monkey.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite is Machop, because he was my first ever shiny. I have kept him and brought him to each game since. Evolved to Machamp and nicknamed "the hulk". I know the name isn't original, but love it anyway.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite pokemon introduced in gen IV and still my favorite is Chimchar and his evo line. The little ape is cute, playful and has fire on his butt. The innocent charm and nostalgia this Pokémon gives me makes me happy since now im an adult work a 9-5 and miss being a kid sometimes.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen 4 pokemon is Darkrai, I always loved his design (especially the color palette) and playstyle, with the coolest signature move out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom