• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

1630504908620.png
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!

Last edited:
My favorite gen 4 Pokémon is Lucario, I think they look cool, and although I think they should be dark type, fighting steel is a cool combo

Gotta go with wash rotom. Competitively viable washing machine? Sign me up. Checks all my boxes of being dorky and simple.

My favourite Pokemon in Gen IV is Torterra, turtwig was my starter and I fall in completely love with his evolution.

My favourite pokemon introduced in the gen IV game is electavire, because i love the design of that pokemon, in addition the raw power from the electrick type is incredible.

My personal favourite of the Sinnoh region is Buizel. There is something really charming with his design that really clicks with me. I also LOVED ash's Buizel, despite not having evolved he won quite a few matches. This mon goes straight to my team when I begin playing it on the switch!

My favourite Pokemon from Generation IV is Buneary. From the day that the full Pokedex of the original Diamond / Pearl games was announced, I just knew this little fluffy fella had to be in my team. I do like the fact that it looks like a plush toy, as a Normal type it has quite a varied movepool and, overall, I do enjoy its evolution as well. I did enjoy playing the Switcheroo set the most.

My favourite Pokemon from Gen IV would probably be Porygon Z. Getting the Pokemon was such a painstaking task for me as a kid, trying to find someone to trade with, but when I finally got it idk man I just fell in love.

Hmm... I'm torn. Plenty of fine choices. I guess... I'll go with Torterra. Mainly for the sturdy-looking aesthetic :D

My favorite gen 4 Pokemon would be Gastrodon. It's silly, it's bulky, it has only one weakness, it has two forms, and it has the potential to be run with sets that have no right to work. Gastrodon is wonderful.

CHUG CHUG CHUG Warning - Ancient Account Revival Engaged!

My favourite Gen IV Pokemon is Togekiss.
Of all of the Gen 4 Evos, I love that it took THE cute little Gen 2 baby mon, and turned it into a graceful beast of adorable flinching death.
Nothing is quite like Choice Scarf Air Slash 60% Flichkiss to ruin friendships

My favorite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Torterra. The Continent Pokémon looks imposing and immediately pose a dangerous threat to most Pokémon, both in the meta and in-game. The design is my favorite aspect of Torterra as I always picture myself traveling around the world with Torterra. For me, Torterra's physical features exude self-sustainability, which although I aspire to achieve, is still struggling to reach.

Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
my favorite Gen 4 pokemon is infernape because the gen 4 anime was what introduced me to Pokémon as a kid and I was really attached to ash's chimchar

Togekiss every time! They're my favorite competitively especially since gaining fairy typing not to mention they're cute to boot. I try to raise one in each new pokemon game I've played since diamond, and these new remakes are gonna be no exception

My favorite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Lucario. I like Lucario because it’s a strong Pokémon who in later games can even Mega evolve. Lucario is fighting and steel type which is great for me as I like to use lots of different types of my team.

My favorite gen IV pokemon, and my fav pokemon of all time, is Garchomp! I love dragons and always have, sharks are my favorite irl animal, and ground is one of my favorite types. It looks like a big ol' spikey friend :D It is also the signature of my fav npc, Cynthia. I mean what's not to love about it!

I love penguins, and have so since I was a kid. (I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan, if that comes as any surprise.) So it's no surprise that Gen IV appeals to me, since this is the generation that introduced the first (and thus far only) penguin Pokemon in the whole series. Now, Eiscue is an odd penguin Pokemon, and it does have a funny name, but I think my favorite is Empoleon. The last in the evolutionary line starting with the starter Pokemon, Piplup, Empoleon is a Water/Steel type, thus far the only Pokemon to have that combination. When I think about a Steel-type Pokemon, all I can think of is a penguin on ice skates...rings a bell in my head!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom