• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pick for favorite Gen 4 Pokémon probably has to be Magnezone! Inanimate object Pokémon are usually some of my favorite kinds, and Magnezone is no exception. The way the middle Magnemite has mutated to become the Magnezone’s main body is really interesting. Cool designs like Magnezone is why Steel is one of my top 3 favorite Pokémon types!

Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Pokémon from gen IV would definitely have to be Ambipom And Yanmega. Ever since Pokémon G/S/C, I’ve always used Aipom and Yanma on my teams. To see them get new evolutions in gen 4 was

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Pokémon from gen IV would definitely have to be Ambipom and Yanmega. Ever since gen 2, Aipom and Yanma were always my favorite Pokémon. They both have super unique designs that fit in well with the Johto atmosphere. When they got new evolutions in gen 4. I was beyond excited, not only do they look cooler, but they’re also both so much stronger! They make for great additions to any team!:)

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite Pokémon from gen IV is manaphy as it is a water legendary and I love water type Pokémons.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen IV Pokemon would have to be Gliscor. Because growing okay gen 2 I always loved Gligar and the Diamond and Pearl were announced and we got the this dope evolution for him and he was strong! And Gliscor has my favorite shiny variant in the game, it's a lovely blue which is the best!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
I think I'm gonna go rotom as my favorite, it's electronic possession gimic is really cool, it has the best type (ghost) and has the legendary music play for it's fight.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm gonna go with rotom, his electronic possession gimic is cool he's best type (ghost) and has legendary battle music.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My absolute favorite pokemon in gen IV has to be Origin Forme Giratina! He is just so big and spooky!

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Man, favorite gen IV Pokémon? I have to pick my boy Gliscor. That Ground/Flying typing goes absolutely hard in the paint. I remember sweeping through NPC trainers with my bulked Gliscor. Plus he's like a gothic/horror nightmare animal. Absolutely stellar Pokémon.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Shinx cause blue, black, and yellow

My favorite pokemon this generation is definitely Drifblim, I love it's Pokedex entry along with Drifloon, and ghost types are some of my favorite pokemon of all time.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Pokémon from gen 4 is definitely Gliscor. For various reasons, actually (Gliscor is in my top 3 pokémon of all time also). Ash's Gliscor is awesome and I also love to use him in competitive play (+love bats and scorpions)

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite has to be Lucario. I personally really like it because of its whole aura sensing gimmick, and the fact that it also got an anime movie based on this made my love for this Pokémon evolve even more. It's also one of the few humanoid Pokémon that I feel are not too humanoid, as I think it's a perfect representation of a canine warrior.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Palkia. I got into pokemon through Pokemon Pearl and as a kid everyone wanted diamond version so when I first got the game I wanted diamond, but when I got a copy on my birthday my parents got me pearl version instead. At first I was really bummed out cause everyone thought dialga was cooler but as I played with my friends I realized I was the only kid at school with a Palkia and that made me feel cool since I stood out. Also, every kid had an infernape and Palkia would crush them, they would beg for a Palkia trade, I was king.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Bidoof, it has quite literally changed my life for the better as far as online interactions go. I've cycled through multiple "mascots" for myself, and I've found myself the happiest with where I am with my little buddy Bidoof by my side.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
Hey guys! My favourite gen 4 pokemon is the big guy himself, Arceus. Back in the day as a kid we had so much fun speculating about all the different legends present in Sinnoh, and to me none of them was as mysterious and awesome as what seemed to be the creator of everything. I love Arceus' design, and the fact that it's such an exclusive pokemon somehow only made it more special to me as a kid.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen 4 pokémon is Garchomp, I mean it's a shark dragon, what's cooler than that?

To be honest, I have two standout favorites from Gen. 4. First would have to be Empoleon ; Only Water/Steel so far, matches the height of its namesake ( Napoleon Bonaparte ) to an extent, and it just looks awesome ( I also adore Steel-types ). The second one is Regigigas ; I fell in love with the original Regi's in Gen. 3 - plus the two in Gen. 8 -, and if played right, Regigigas can be an absolute beast.

My favorite Pokémon overall is coincidentally from Gen IV, which is where I started my journey with Pokémon videogames.

Shaymin is the one for me for many reasons:

I love flowers and nature and its cute porcupine design is very appealing to me but I also like (and even more) its sky forme not only for its cool design but because it also sets a change in the vibe of Shaymin. In its land forme it is cute and shy but in its sky forme is more confident and proud looking and has a different attitude. Besides, being a flying Pokémon like a leave in the wind makes it way much cooler. And on top of this: it is the Gratitude Pokémon and I love its relation to the concept of being kind and thanking people through a bouquet of flowers or just a gentle act, which both are my favorite ways for spreading love and kindness with my beloved relatives and our mates in life. To finish, I also like how they protect nature, the environment and other Pokémons and humans in their universe. And that encounter with Giratina!? EPIC

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen IV pokemon has to be Empoleon. I always loved Piplup in the anime, and started with him in Pearl, eventually beating the Elite 4 with only Empoleon. Though the Champion spamming Earthquake made things difficult at the end...

Ani445ODS.png
Sinnoh has a lot of great Pokémon like Gastrodon, Porygon-Z, Luxray, Vespiquen, etc., but I think the one that stands the most out to me is Garchomp. I'm a sucker for sleek, monstrous Pokémon as well as fast offensive attackers (granted I haven't really used Garchomp that much, but it does fit the archetype that I like), which Garchomp fits to a T. It's also a Dragon type (my favorite type), which is just a plus. I really like how Garchomp takes a core idea, a shark, and does something rather unexpected with it. Instead of an aquatic shark, we get a desert shark-therapod-dragon amalgamation, which makes Garchomp really unique in my opinion and gives it that classic monster feel.

Edit: Pleasantly surprised to see all the Gastrodon love in this thread, much more than I expected. While it’s not my favorite Sinnoh Pokémon, it is my favorite Water type, and I’m glad to see it get some recognition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom