• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite Pokemon introduced in Gen 4 is Togekiss. I love that Togepi / Togetic got a third stage evolution and that they are "jubilee Pokemon." The dex entries over time have described that the Toge line brings happiness and good luck, which is suitable for such a cute fairy bird. :) I've had fun in several gens with Togekiss on my teams, they're surprisingly flexible team members! My personal favorite way to play is a special attacker with Serene Grace and moves with status effects (like air slash with flinching, or flamethrower), but Super Luck has utility too, on top of being thematically appropriate.

I want to give a shout out to Shaymin and Glaceon too, though. Gen 4 added so many great Pokemon!

Last edited:
It's so hard to choose, considering how many amazing Pokémon were added in G4, but I'd probably have to say...Giratina for a Legendary Pokémon, and Gliscor as a 'normal' 'mon. Younger me had pretty edgy tastes, but I still really like them? Especially Gliscor, even with that rough offensive water type and 4x ice weakness, I still gotta love the bat boys, and I'm especially fond of that one SS Acrobatics Gliscor card by Ryoma Uratsuka, they look so grumpy <3333. As for Giratina..it's the BOY!

Gotta give credit to Darkrai, Lefeon, and Skorupi, though! In particular I had a really weird obsession with Darkrai as a kid, but that's waned as I've gotten older. Still a cool mon though, and was super fun to use in my first B&W run after getting traded one from a friend, (since I never was able to get D&P when it came out). Man, even now I'm sorta torn over my answer.

New Member New Member New Member New Member

My favorite Gen IV Pokémon is
uhh
Garchomp
It's fun to use competitively and I have yet to be traumatized by Cynthia. Also the design is very cool

Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen IV mon was weavile. I've always had an extreme infatuation with dark types. Weavile is extremely useful competitive, being pretty fast and having a good attack stat with moves like icicle crash, night slash, and sucker punch. I played gen II when I was little, and to see a mon I grinded to find in those games that looked really cool get an even cooler, much stronger evolution in the gen IV was awesome to 9 year old me when I got diamond. It's even more awesome now that I understand competitive a little more and now how to better utilize him. Weavile was one of the Pokemon I used during my first nuzlocke challenge as well. I loved how he was also one of Cyrus's Pokemon too, and you basically don't see anyone else use him the entire game. I don't know about anyone else, but with the distinct lack of fire types in Gen IV, I always didn't have the easiest time taking out Cyrus's Weavile. That's why that's such a distinct memory of mine.

Picking a favorite is hard. I'll go with Drifloon. It has an interesting encounter and silly lore. I find the idea that it attempts to kidnap people but can't since it is just a balloon funny. Drifloon also has neat abilities, including Flare Boost, which is exclusive to it.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
I love Vespiquen! I've had a soft spot for the Bug types since Gen I, and I love bees IRL. Vespiquen is such a well-designed, fun-to-play member of the Bug bunch. Plus, the hunt for a female Combee to evolve has been a fun challenge for me in the games.

Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl g

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
my favorite gen 4 mon is weavi its personality is great it’s design is so reflective of its personality and it’s typing stats and moveset make it so fun to play Im so happy he got into Pokken

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen 4 Pokémon is weavile it’s design represents it’s personality it’s stats typing and move list also make it super fun to play and almost a must on my team so happy he got into Pokken

My favorite pokemon from gen 4 is infernape beacause Ive always loved its design since I played the original pokemon diamond way back when as a kid and Ive almost always chosen fire types after chimchar

Reactions: Shu
Gen 4 introduced a lot of new evolutions for old(er) gen mons. You know the ones, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, etc etc. But the one that really, really, honest to god, took my heart was Dusknoir.

I've always been a fan of the defensive archetype in games, so finding out this handsome thing has both great Defense and Sp. Defense was the icing on the cake. Even if someone has the raw power to pierce through its defenses, with access to Pain Split and Shadow Sneak, Dusknoir is going to take them to heaven before they even realize it.

Gallade is probably my favorite pokemon out of gen iv. the Ralts evolution line is probably one of my favorite out of the whole franchise, in looks, dex entries and play, so having gallade as a psychic fighting type, both of which are some of my favorite typings, was great. It's to the point where if i can get a gallade in a game, It has a permanent spot on my party.

Last edited:
I know my profile picture doesn't quite suit my answer, but Buizel is and has always been my favourite, not only from gen 4, but also overall. I'm looking forward to seeing the cute bugger again in BDSP and Legends, after being either very out of the way or straight-up unavailable in the past 3 generations. Its design is so lovely.

Last edited:
This is a tough one but I'm gonna have to go with Torterra. Normally I try not to call starter Pokemon my favorites, but I've loved turtles and tortoises ever since I was a small kid. The fact that this gen gave me a turtle starter that is also the grass starter just had me ecstatic. Grass is my favorite starter type but I haven't liked any of them in recent generations. Beyond that, Torterra is just an amazing design. The concept is simple but so well-executed. I also love that it is a strong physical Pokemon, as my favorites tend to all be special, so it adds some needed variety to my teams.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!

My favorite Gen IV Pokémon is probably Magnezone. I love the Magnemite family and I think he's a great final stage.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite is garchomp

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite is garchomp

Toxicroak because I like fighting types and he is poison which is also good. I never actually got to play gen 4, so I'm very excited to experience it for the first time.

Giratina is one of my favorite pokemon of all time, and definitely my favorite Gen 4 pokemon. Both of it's forms look really intimidating and awesome. Sadly, I'm not sure if I can catch one on my Shining Pearl team, but it's my favorite gen 4 pokemon nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom