• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite Pokémon in Gen IV is Spiritomb. I still can't understand what they thought at Gamefreak when they designed it. I have always liked Ghost-types and Spiritomb look likes so much angry (and bored) than other Ghost-types. I also like its movements in Pokémon SWSH expansions and pretty much any Spiritomb's TCG cards have very useful effect (from Trainer cards lock, placing damage counters, Ace cards lock, opponent's hand shuffle to strong attack in Unbroken Bonds).

My favorite Pokémon from this Gen. is none other than Leafeon.

Fact, I am a sucker for Eevee. I train an Eevee if the game I am playing introduces Eeveelutions. I could start with Turtwig as it is my favorite Sinnoh starter, I still chose Chimchar since I intended to fill my grass-type spot with Leafeon. And God, I have no regrets what-so-ever. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed having Torterra on my team as much as I did Leafeon. Its aesthetics are something else. Whenever it popped out of its Poké Ball, "I am the lady" attitude always got me hooked.

I played a lot of Pearl back in the day, and it's one of three games I got a completed National Pokedex in - along with Red (before it broke), and HOME. Naturally there are a lot of good choices to choose from for a favorite, but I think the one that holds the most special place in my heart is Kricketune.

Why Kricketune? Besides the awesome cry - and of course we can't go without mentioning its lovely suit and mustache - it was a member of my team through all of the main game. The biggest reason of all however was against Cynthia. She was infamous back then for being brutal, even before the Platinum tweaks to her team to make her even tougher.

Against Cynthia? Three Swords Dances in the face of Spiritomb, maybe an X Speed or two, and that was bye-bye to her team.

TheFamousKricketuneSlayerofCynthia.png

And here she is in all her glory. When transferring from Bank was free for a while, the first thing I did was transfer her over (with several others mind you, but made sure she was in the first batch). She now has a permanent home in my...er, Pokemon HOME. And the legend of Kricketune is destined to continue in the remakes!

Personally, my favorites are Riolu and Lucario. Aura has just been such a interesting energy and I wish they expanded more on Aura Knights and how they work. Riley was also super cool!

Bulbagarden Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Pokémon from gen IV has to be Electivire. I was always a big fan of Electabuzz in the first games and this gen brought out a bigger and fluffier version! Whats not to like? Also, you can't go wrong when using him in the games because he is just too good to handle! Oh and his shiny form is sick with the orange tint to his fur and the sharp blue eyes.

My favourite Gen IV Pokemon is definitely Munchlax. I always loved Snorlax, and some of my earliest Pokememories revolve around wondering why my Snorlax was only producing more Snorlax eggs (Full Incense didn't make sense to me until much later), and of slathering honey on all the trees in Sinnoh for the vanishingly low chance of getting a Munchlax that way.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that, to mark the hype season for the upcoming Sinnoh releases, we are hosting a giveaway of two pre-order copies of Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for the Nintendo Switch!

The conditions for entry are simple; just reply to this thread and tell us Which is your favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV, and why?

By way of example:

'My favourite Pokémon introduced in Gen IV is Hippowdon. I have always liked Ground-types and Hippowdon's ridiculous defensive stats and reliable recovery fit my playstyle well. I also like its bulky, squat design; I prefer species which look as though they have some weight and strength to them.'

The deadline for entries is Thursday 30 September, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time. Once the deadline has passed, we will randomly select our two winners from the thread respondents and will be in touch shortly after to award the prizes. Winners in Canada and some other countries may be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws.

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite pokemon is torterra,something about a big hardy pokemon with a big tree on its back that I like,gives me a feeling that it is unmoveable and rigid,but lovable.Plus,plenty of shades too

My favourite gen 4 Pokémon (and my favourite Pokémon overall) is Munchlax! When I was about 8 or so, I thought to myself "I like to eat and I like to sleep. But I don't think I can eat as much as a Snorlax, so Munchlax is my favorite Pokémon!" and somehow it stuck, even 14 years later.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite Gen IV Pokemon is Rhyperior. One of the strongest new evolution designs of the gen, with a great pop of colour and a good addition to the Rhy line. Plus lots of good memories of using Rhyperior in Pokemon Conquest.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen IV Pokemon is Luxray. Pearl was my first Pokemon game and one, if not the first mon I caught was a Shinx that I promptly named Cuddles and had to change to DANGER! (yes, I included the exclamation mark) because it looked scary as a Luxray. I never had a true reason for liking it. It's design was cool, so it just stuck to me since. My girlfriend and I recently hatched a shiny Shinx that she helped me name Goldilocks. Just reminds me of when I was a kid lol

My favourite would be Lucario. Lucario bears the stance of a warrior and fighting artist, behaves stoically and has a voice to match demeanour. The bipedal force of nature is like a Dragon Ball character fused with a Pokemon.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favourite gen IV Pokemon would have to be Torterra, they are just sooo cool! They are basically dinosaur turtles with a lovely garden on their back, what's not to love?

Mine would have to be Rhyperior. I've always been a sucker for new evolutions of passed gen Pokémon and Rhydon being a gen 1 Pokémon was icing on the cake. :p The design could've been a tad better (not the biggest fan of the orange plates), but I still love the cannon arms and ankylosaurus-based tail. Now if only additional powerful Pokémon can get new legit evolutions, like Snorlax, Lapras, Steelix, etc.

It's a tough decision because so many amazing pokemon came from Gen IV, but I'd have to go Mismagius. Taking my love for misdreavous and adding some more wizardry! I love its design and its always my essential ghost type for a Gen IV playthrough.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite Gen 4 pokemon, and my favorite pokemon overall, is Chimchar. Chimchar was the first pokemon I ever had the pleasure of journeying together with, and he will always have a special place in my heart. His little fire butt is so cute and his character arc in the anime was fantastic. When I get Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, the first pokemon I will choose will be chimchar, so I can reexperience my childhood with him.

View attachment 149664
Hello everyone,

By way of example:

Good luck, Trainers!
My favorite gen IV Pokemon is Empoleon. I have always been told my spirit animal is the penguin and Empoleon is the king of penguin looking Pokemon. His typing is a also really cool and versatile now that fairy type is a thing.

My favorite gen 4 Pokemon has to be Glaceon. It's my favorite out of all of Eevee's evolutions, and I'm personally a fan of snow and winter weather, so I imagine I'd get along well with one. I'm normally one to plan my teams out ahead of time when new games are upcoming, but I've found that I enjoy myself more when I just pick favorites and work from there - so since we know now that HMs won't be a worry, I'll get to use one on my main story playthrough!

My favourite would be Piplup because I was a huge fan of the anime at the time of the Sinnoh anime and I thought that Dawn/Hikari and Piplup/Pochama were really cute together!

Choosing a favourite gen IV pokemon was incredibly hard for me, due to platinum being my all time favourite pokemon game. There are too many amazing mons to choose from, but I think my favourite would be Roserade, as it has been a staple on pretty much every pokemon team ive used when possible, and it boasts pretty amazing stats. Not to mention that its shiny is absolutely gorgeous; one of my first shinies was a Budew and I instantly fell in love with his design once he became a Roselia and then a Roserade. Those black and purple roses are just breathtaking!

I had a number of favorites out of Gen IV my main being Pachirisu, Buoysel(Buizel) and Mimirol(Buneary) but if I had to choose only one, it would have to be Pachirisu. I can still somewhat recall when I encountered one
in Valley Powerplant(Valley Windworks) and how awesome it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom