• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl?

Which version will you get?

• Total voters
Reaction score
As for today I will toss a coin to decide. When I have more info I will probably decide. I like both Dialga and Palkia. But I played Diamond instead of Pearl so I hold it dear.

Reaction score
Pearl. It's the one I chose back then, and I plan to use either Misdreavus or Mismagius.

Reaction score
Anyone else keep calling it shining diamond or is it just me?
Anyway I had pearl back in the day, but I'm picking brilliant diamond this time. It was the only version of sinnoh I never played (pearl and platinum but never diamond)

Reaction score
Well, in most cases. FRLG changed things so you could get Meowth and Mankey in the same game, also making Mankey an early game mon.
True. And the English Gold and Silver switched up Teddiursa and Phanpy while HeartGold and SoulSilver retained the Japanese exclusives. But the version exclusives are still highly likely to remain the same with some minor differences. Faithful remakes could have the same exclusives.

The night is filled with wonder...
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I played Diamond to death. Even had there of the four trainer card stars. I just needed the Battle Tower one. So I'm going with Brilliant Diamond.