• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • ME continues his hunt for shiny Eiscue. Will he ever move on to hunt for shiny Beldum? Watch here as to find out.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl?

Which version will you get?

• Total voters

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
I mainly played Diamond back when gen 4 was new, so I'm going Brilliant Diamond. It has my preferred exclusives for the most part.

silurica

All shall be well
Reaction score
Pronouns
They/Them
Mmhm, I played Diamond when I started the fourth generation, and I still like Dialga more, so it will be Brilliant Diamond for me if I ever get the chance to play this.

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
I'm getting both, but Brilliant Diamond first.

charlycicero

Reaction score
Yup. I did get Shining Pearl, and a physical copy at that, just as I wanted. And loving it, especially since I could get a Spiritomb for my team. Oh, and the mythicals are unreal.

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I ordered Brilliant Diamond from Amazon a few days ago, now to wait for my copy to arrive.

FelipePR

Reaction score
I only played Pearl, never Diamond. However, I prefer the Brilliant Diamond exclusive Pokémon. And beyond that, Palkia design is very bad. Furthermore, despite the nostalgia, I find it beneficial to vary between versions, so much so that I chose Pokémon Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

Last edited:

SmolDawn

Chili Gator Squad
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
I chose Shining pearl, some of the version exclusives are annoying, but shining pearl gets Salamence, Lugia, and Palkia all of which make up for it Imo

pokemoll

woman on the screen
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I went with Shining Pearl because I played Pearl religiously as a kid, and because Palkia is one of my all-time favourite legendaries. Glameow, Lugia, and Shieldon are all great bonuses.

EmCeeChupi

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
I went with Shining Pearl because I played Pearl religiously as a kid, and because Palkia is one of my all-time favourite legendaries. Glameow, Lugia, and Shieldon are all great bonuses.
Oo Lugia
the "legendary" birds too

PhoenixGateSeven

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I had Diamond when the Gen 4 games first came out, so I'm considering changing things up by getting Shining Pearl when I get my Switch in the next couple of days. I'm also looking over the list of exclusive Pokemon and I'm more attracted to what Shining Pearl has to offer because I ignored some of them outside of collecting them and want to try them out this time.

Plaid

⭐ Heart Topic ⭐
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I wish I could have picked Shining Pearl since I had vanilla Diamond growing up. But I went with BD because Diamond has my favorite version exclusives, and I don't know if or when I'll be looking into Pokemon Bank and Home to move all my old DS-era 'mons to the current generations.