• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl?

Which version will you get?

• Total voters
As for today I will toss a coin to decide. When I have more info I will probably decide. I like both Dialga and Palkia. But I played Diamond instead of Pearl so I hold it dear.

Well, in most cases. FRLG changed things so you could get Meowth and Mankey in the same game, also making Mankey an early game mon.
True. And the English Gold and Silver switched up Teddiursa and Phanpy while HeartGold and SoulSilver retained the Japanese exclusives. But the version exclusives are still highly likely to remain the same with some minor differences. Faithful remakes could have the same exclusives.

I adore Dialga and have been planning on getting the Diamond remake from the moment Hoenn was confirmed. Yet, it’s just setting in that Mismagius was a Pearl exclusive so I may force myself to get Shining Pearl if the exclusives are the same

I will say though that Palkia looks freaking cool on the new cover so I’m warming up to the idea lol

I liked Pearl's exclusive Pokemon more than Diamond's in the originals so I'm going with Shining Pearl if the exclusives are the same.

I plan on Brilliant Diamond because:
  • I already picked Diamond
  • I prefer Dialga
  • I happen to follow a pattern picking the games, and Brilliant Diamond fits into that pattern. It's 1221122112211, being either the first or second in their pairs.

I havent decided yet, but i think ill go with BD. Still need to find out about any differences but then again I dont want spoilers. Kinda feel like going to this game blind and eith only the things i know from the original games.

I originally Played Platinum first because I got into the franchise when b&w came out, and platinum is just better. I like Palkia more though, and I like most of Pearl's exclusive Pokemon (It still sucks that Honchkrow is a Diamond exclusive, but still). So It's Shining Pearl for me!

Sounds like our Dialga boy is getting more love than our Palkia boy so far. I already played a playthrough of Diamond with a Dialga, so for me it is a no-brainer.

After voting SP, I found that the majority of people are doing otherwise. In light of this new information, I now find it more favorable for everyone that I get SP, as it should make it easier for me and for any BD players to get Pokémon exclusive to the other version.

Diamond, mostly because I'm gonna transfer Dialga to Shield (if you can at all) since I already have Palkia in that game. Also so I can watch Cynthia's Garchomp suffer under the might of my Level 100 Adamant, 256 Attack, and Speed EV Weavile with Ice Shard (Plus Scope Lens Psycho Cut and Night Slash for easy STAB or Fighting-type punishes in the form of a reborn Gen 1 auto crit Razor Leaf or Slash Dugtrio sets (Dugtrio has the highest Base Speed in Gen 1, and crit rate in Gen 1 was based on Base Speed, giving Dugtrio the highest natural crit rate in those games) and the new Focus Energy Scope Lens Sniper Kingdra sets), and I won't use a Fairy-type (though I will use Togekiss on the playthrough team) because there is a probability that the Garchomp has Iron Head.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom