• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Given that there's still Piplup and Pachirisu merch for early next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn gets a third cameo. She can meet her ancestor next if they do a short time travel arc, just like she met her AU counterpart.
FF2h0mlagAA4GEu

There's all the pachirisu we're gonna get, unfortunately

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I wonder if Arceus's name being mentioned in the JN089 and JN090, and its silhouette appearing in the latter episode, are foreshadowing it having a larger role later when Legends: Arceus stuff is covered in the anime.

Twilight-Kun

Reaction score
I wonder if Arceus's name being mentioned in the JN089 and JN090, and its silhouette appearing in the latter episode, are foreshadowing it having a larger role later when Legends: Arceus stuff is covered in the anime.
I hope they use Legends Arceus for the movies because for two years the main anime has consistently shown they have no idea how to use any of the ideas they put to screen

JinksChow

Reaction score

As mentioned in the General Discussion thread, we'll be getting an anime special that is exclusive to Amazon Prime Video for Pokemon Legends: Arceus, which is probably one of the more unexpected platform choices for the special to debut on.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
If Goh catches Arceus, I will absolutely lose it, and not in a good way.
I imagine a lot of people would. So if we awaken to find the Internet literally on fire, we’ll know what happened.

Now imagine if they try to make that through time travel shenanigans, Go is the one who inspired the Pokédex.

Picardluke

Reaction score
If Goh catches Arceus, I will absolutely lose it, and not in a good way.
He hasn't caught any legendary since Suicune and they have already purposely not had him even try to capture Darkrai, Cresselia, Dialga or Palkia. They wouldn't even let him capture an Unown. I'm not sure where this paranoia of Go getting powerful legends is coming from.

Twilight-Kun

Reaction score
He hasn't caught any legendary since Suicune and they have already purposely not had him even try to capture Darkrai, Cresselia, Dialga or Palkia. They wouldn't even let him capture an Unown. I'm not sure where this paranoia of Go getting powerful legends is coming from.
To be fair, those were BDSP Promo Filler episodes, so he's still open to catching them elsewhere

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Suicune isn't remotely anywhere near Arceus' tier level lore-wise, so this honestly comes across as throwing out random hypotheticals for the sake of getting angry at a character. If you want to fault Goh, do it for things he actually did.