• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

I'm not sure if I could see Journeys lasting for five years like the original series. Four years might be more possible though. I don't know if they'd be able to get Legends and generation nine out in the same year, even with the latter coming out early in 2022 instead of the fall like we're used to with main series titles. It's possible, but it is still too early to tell.
I've heard some people theorizing that Legends may be a first attempt at an open world and they want to see how it goes. If that's the case, then I could see Game Freak holding off on Gen 9 until 2023 to see how well Legends works and what they need to tweak in order for a potential Gen 9 open world game to work out as well as they want.

I'm not sure if I could see Journeys lasting for five years like the original series. Four years might be more possible though. I don't know if they'd be able to get Legends and generation nine out in the same year, even with the latter coming out early in 2022 instead of the fall like we're used to with main series titles. It's possible, but it is still too early to tell.

I don't know...thanks to PM2019 NOT focusing on a certain region & its story in favor of misadventures all over the world, they could make the current formula last as long as they want to...<_<
(Arceus help us)

Maybe they could do another Wallace Cup, since the event itself is not region specific. That would fit with Journey's "narrative" and allow a reason for Dawn to return along with Piplup, while promoting the remakes. Barry could come back as a PWC rival or opponent, or even Paul. There's a lot they can do, really.

I strongly agree with HM though - I really miss Contests as well and would love for them to come back. The upcoming Plusle and Minun episode immediately hearkened me back to that awesome Double Battle between Ursula and Dawn.

I've heard some people theorizing that Legends may be a first attempt at an open world and they want to see how it goes. If that's the case, then I could see Game Freak holding off on Gen 9 until 2023 to see how well Legends works and what they need to tweak in order for a potential Gen 9 open world game to work out as well as they want.

That does sound possible. I would think having Legends and a new generation all in one year would be too much for Game Freak to handle. Plus, seeing what elements of Legends works and then taking a bit more time to incorporate them into the next generation would potentially be good for everyone.

I don't know...thanks to PM2019 NOT focusing on a certain region & its story in favor of misadventures all over the world, they could make the current formula last as long as they want to...<_<
(Arceus help us)

While the world tour gimmick can allow for Journeys to last as long as they want to, I'm just not sure how well that format can work long term. The series already has problems with being too fast paced and unfocused, which are probably the root causes of a lot of the main issues people have with the series, and we're just starting its second year. I'm just not sure how well the misadventures around the world setup can work over four years, let alone five.

Needless to say what I'm looking for most in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is the return of the one and only, the wonderful Cynthia.
Are you as excited and hyped as I am?
What are your thoughts on Cynthia's return?

Here's what I totally wish for in the Anime (sure it's just a wish and we don't know for sure yet, but at least we can speculate about scenarios that make sense):
The release of the new games might coincide with the end of Pokemon Journeys and the preliminary end of the PWC. So, after the inevitable showdown between Ash and Leon it could happen that Cynthia appears to re-introduce the Sinnoh region. She might tell Ash that the PWC is just one possible tournament and that there are much stronger trainers out there (including herself, of course). Oh, how glorious would that be!

Here why I think this scenario makes perfect sense: The PWC can't be the biggest tournament for one simple, logical reason. If it were, the Anime (and probably the games, too) would have to end after Journeys, because there would be nothing left that's even greater and that's worth striving for. As we can be pretty sure the Anime won't end though, I'm convinced the PWV isn't the end of the line and there must be something much bigger. I would be the perfect opportunity for Cynthia to introduce this "bigger something" (whatever it is) that comes after the PWC and my dream is that Cynthia will be the Master of such an ultimate league :giggle:

With these games, Journeys could potentially turn out to be one of the longest series yet.
How? Even with 4 years: Remember Corona breaks for several months. That's like 5-6 episodes less. At best Journeys would be like 186 episodes or something while both AG and DP have 191/192.
Let's not forget if we count OS at like 278 or something like( unless you cut it into Johto then it's like 160 episodes).
Still Journeys would be third longest series or fourth if you count OS as one.

(Arceus help us)
While the world tour gimmick can allow for Journeys to last as long as they want to, I'm just not sure how well that format can work long term. The series already has problems with being too fast paced and unfocused, which are probably the root causes of a lot of the main issues people have with the series, and we're just starting its second year. I'm just not sure how well the misadventures around the world setup can work over four years, let alone five.
Yeah, this is something I’ve been thinking about since the reveal. I’ve been seeing people say that because of the world tour aspect, Journeys will go on forever and while on the surface I can see why, when you actually look at Journeys, it just feels like it’s going to end in three years especially with how rushed things like evolutions (hi Scorbunny) and plot development are. Heck, most of Ash’s team right now are fully evolved Pokémon with not a lot of growth that can be done. I don’t know how they could stretch Journeys out forever. At first I had trouble even imagining four (because with the announcement of Legends, I really can’t see Gen 9 happening until 2023-24 which means more than three years of Journeys) but after thinking about it for several hours, I think Journeys actually needs it and this additional year could iron out a lot of the issues plaguing this series (mainly the pacing, the PWT, TRio please). Whether they’ll actually use it is debatable but hey, I’ll give them a chance.

Ash's Infernape comes back.
Bring back Seviper, Mime Jr, Carnivine, and Yanmega and Cacnea with Gardenia

This is a pipe dream but I really do hope they take the opportunity to bring them back. The poor things were treated horrendously at the end of their series and they deserve justice. Especially if we do get a return of Contests with this. I’m not sure if they’ll actually do it (I don’t have a lot of faith in the series) but if they do and Musashi gets to compete, she really needs their own Pokémon for that and not a gimmick that would 90% turn her legitimate skill and strength as Candy Musalina into a joke

If Gardenia has a battle with Ash for the PWC and James sees Cacnea and they reunite I WILL cry and this is a THREAT.

1089429-middle.png

I’m not sure if they’ll actually do it (I don’t have a lot of faith in the series) but if they do and Musashi gets to compete, she really needs their own Pokémon for that and not a gimmick that would 90% turn her legitimate skill and strength as Candy Musalina into a joke

My headcanon is that James and Meowth ran back and gathered her discarded outfit unbeknownst to Jessie, in hopes she would day resume her Contest career.

Oh, they absolutely have to have Ash go back to Sinnoh after Journeys. How could they not do that?
Sinnoh was arguably one of the most favorite regions among us fans, if not the most favorite one, and DP had the best episodes that I can remember. Let alone the best and true Champion.
They simple have to return there! They have to! I can see an inifinite amount of potential.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom