• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

Pretty sure they started working on gen 9 in 2018, when Sword and Shield most likely were already done developing for the most part (Last year is most likely polishing the game).

I think Gamefreak has 3 or 4 teams at this point: The main team, the secondary team, a third team (Who can do the polishing) and the rookie team (The team that most likely aided the third team with the DLC).

Notice how Ohmori isn't credited for Legends (As far as we know, since the other dude who did the talking during the Presents most likely is the main man for Legends) and the Gen 4 remakes. Ohmori is currently working on gen 9, most likely together with James Turner.

The secondary team most likely started developing legends when they handed the polishing over to the third team, while the main team started to work on gen 9.

There is also a reason why Legends is coming out early 2022 instead of late 2022 (Which would have given them more development time). They most likely have something planned for late 2022 as well, which is most likely gen 9, especially since its mostly the side series that come out in the earlier months of the year (Look at New Pokemon Snap coming out in April, instead of Summer 2021, which i had expected, since the game gives of a summer vibe).

Pokemon Unite most likely releases in between New Pokemon Snap and the Sinnoh remakes, especially since they weren't featured in the Pokemon Presents, which makes me believe they will release after New Pokemon Snap.
I think that a late 2022 game is more likely to be Let's Go Johto.

A possibility, but i personally doubt they are giving us three non-new generation games back-to-back. I think its more likely Lets Go games are coming in non-even generations, while traditional remakes come in even generations.
That's wrong because BDSP are coming in an odd-numbered year (2021).

But still, we're not getting Gen 9 next year unless it reuses a lot of assets from Legends Arceus.

Thats something we don't know.

Maybe we get them, maybe we don't. However, we shouldn't rule out the possibility, because we won't have anything Pokemon related late 2022 and the releasdate for Legends is weird in that case if we don't get anything else.

At this moment an Eelectrik or Klinklang episode seems more likely than an Isle of Armor episode, so I'm going to remain skeptical for now. But If I had to guess...
  • Cynthia is a given...for the PWC. I don't see her appearing earlier unless she's hosting a tournament or something like that.
  • Other gym leaders and Elite 4 members are hard to guess because this series has been so random with those. I'd say Marlene has the least chance of appearing because Korrina filled that role, but you never know.
  • I could see Palmer and Ash having a rematch, with Barry supporting his father from the sidelines.
  • Paul is also...complicated. He's a fan favorite but I'm sure of whether he'd make a good foil to THIS Ash who's more laid-back and who already had a loss at the hands of someone rude. It's better to see how the Gary return develops first to speculate.
  • Dawn has decent chances. Piplup is still as popular as ever, Buneary and Pachirisu were generation mascots and Quilava could promote Legends. Time will tell if they'll use her just for contests or for bigger stories involving Legends. Of course, there's a 99% chance she'll still have her classic outfit.

In before they do a Legends anime advertisement featuring Go getting sent back in time to ancient Sinnoh, catching a bunch of Pokémon and ending up being the inspiration for the Pokédex. Let’s be real, with Journeys’ writers, would you honestly put it past them?

They can potentially do a side series spanning around 20 episodes, like we got Twillight Wings.

And Pokemon Legends would also be a great concept for a live action installment.

Dawn has decent chances. Piplup is still as popular as ever, Buneary and Pachirisu were generation mascots and Quilava could promote Legends. Time will tell if they'll use her just for contests or for bigger stories involving Legends. Of course, there's a 99% chance she'll still have her classic outfit.
Also Ambipom is supposedly in Vermilion, so you don't really need that big of an excuse to have her appear on the show.

Also Ambipom is supposedly in Vermilion, so you don't really need that big of an excuse to have her appear on the show.

I'd love it if they actually remember Ambipom and have that be the reason Dawn shows up in Vermillion City. I'd be really surprised if they did that, especially when they didn't really remember Ambipom aside from that montage of Ash's Gym battles before the Sinnoh League started, but it would be so good to see Ambipom again.

This is a perfect opportunity for Dawn to return if older characters, including Ash's former companions, can make a comeback.

I'd love it if they actually remember Ambipom and have that be the reason Dawn shows up in Vermillion City. I'd be really surprised if they did that, especially when they didn't really remember Ambipom aside from that montage of Ash's Gym battles before the Sinnoh League started, but it would be so good to see Ambipom again.

Who needs the idea for Dawn reunites Ash and Goh as teams? I tell you that it does not work for the future.
Are reminded that.

It seems to me that this idea of video game from Pokemon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl may guide anime for Dawn to return and reunite with Ash and Goh as the team but it won't work out like last year.

I will explain to you about May never return in series to make nine years of sad, disappointment returns and it never worked.

I will tell you something sad, the disappointment returns and it never worked. Nine years ago, we remember we hope that May will return with Ash and his new friends in any all episodes of Pokémon the Series: XY until the last episode that was announced eight years ago, the video games of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to guide in anime but it does not work and disappoints. And another about Serena goes back with Ash in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon we are hoping that she will appear the same as May in Diamond and Pearl and Dawn in Black & White but they were disappointed that they are not the same as before and that made us sad.

I think Dawn so it won't work in the future the same as May.
Sorry.

Oh, well. We'd better continue Ash's older friends without May, nor Dawn, nor Serena.

Now think about Iris coming back in just a visit from some other episodes that Opening in version 3 guided us and no more idea.

The DP remakes give us all the reasons to expect Dawn coming back.
But Look at it and read.

It seems to me that this idea of video game from Pokemon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl may guide anime for Dawn to return and reunite with Ash and Goh as the team but it won't work out like last year.

I will explain to you about May never return in series to make nine years of sad, disappointment returns and it never worked.

I will tell you something sad, the disappointment returns and it never worked. Nine years ago, we remember we hope that May will return with Ash and his new friends in any all episodes of Pokémon the Series: XY until the last episode that was announced eight years ago, the video games of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to guide in anime but it does not work and disappoints. And another about Serena goes back with Ash in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon we are hoping that she will appear the same as May in Diamond and Pearl and Dawn in Black & White but they were disappointed that they are not the same as before and that made us sad.

I think Dawn so it won't work in the future the same as May.
Sorry.

Oh, well. We'd better continue Ash's older friends without May, nor Dawn, nor Serena.

Last edited:
Dawn has decent chances. Piplup is still as popular as ever, Buneary and Pachirisu were generation mascots and Quilava could promote Legends. Time will tell if they'll use her just for contests or for bigger stories involving Legends. Of course, there's a 99% chance she'll still have her classic outfit.

Let me guess ... Dawn's Buneary is in love with Ash's Pikachu, but Pikachu isn't in love with Buneary yet.
So Buneary never leaves Dawn's team but if Buneary has a crush on Pikachu forever, Just trade the Pokemon team, Dawn's Buneary trades it for one of other pokemon from old friends of Ash from whom.

You know, a short series of episodes focused around Legends would be very nice. I'm hoping they go for it as a side series, like the Mega Evolution specials.
Those specials mostly existed to showcase Mega Evolutions before Ash could realistically battle them (Korrina's Mega Lucario was a novice). I could see one special this time, followed by a time travel arc with Ash and Go. I'd like to see Ash's Quilava evolve during such an arc (no, we don't need Dawn for Quilava exposure).

A Twilight-esque series would be another approach, not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I wonder if they'll have a starter from both sets of trios joining the main cast: Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup & Rowlet/Cyndaquil/Oshawott

On a side note, I find it odd they rushed a bit through Ash's ranking when Legends being the 2022 mainline game pushes Gen 9 to 2023 at the earliest.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom