• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

I wonder if they'll have a starter from both sets of trios joining the main cast: Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup & Rowlet/Cyndaquil/Oshawott

On a side note, I find it odd they rushed a bit through Ash's ranking when Legends being the 2022 mainline game pushes Gen 9 to 2023 at the earliest.

It might be another case of Game Freak not being clear with the anime department about what's going on with the games, like what happened with the Gen 5 sequels.

I'm honestly not sure how far in advance the anime team gets information on the newest games. The Battle Frontier arc in particular felt really rushed in large part because they needed to make room for DP. That being said, even if they weren't aware of Legends potentially pushing the ninth generation until 2023 for awhile, their decisions to rush through plot points like Ash's rankings and Scorbunny becoming Cinderace within the first year is still so strange to me. Even if they thought that the series would only be for three years, I don't know why they feel the need to go through the series at such a fast pace.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed if they wanted to hire Studio Colorido once more for another web-anime about Legends in the same vein as Twilight Wings. :sneaky:
A bit off topic but didn't know TW was made by Colorido. They've made some really good looking movies and if there's anything that stands out about TW is the overall aesthetics.

I'm honestly not sure how far in advance the anime team gets information on the newest games. The Battle Frontier arc in particular felt really rushed in large part because they needed to make room for DP. That being said, even if they weren't aware of Legends potentially pushing the ninth generation until 2023 for awhile, their decisions to rush through plot points like Ash's rankings and Scorbunny becoming Cinderace within the first year is still so strange to me. Even if they thought that the series would only be for three years, I don't know why they feel the need to go through the series at such a fast pace.
We for dusk lycanroc in the anime the week it was revealed for usum

What I’d hope: For advertisement of Legends: Arceus that they have Ash bring back Quilava, Rowlet or Oshawatt for something in Sinnoh.

What I expect: A random filler episode in Sinnoh that they claim is a city we’ve been to while looking nothing like it where a Cyndaquil, Rowlet and Oshawatt belong to a CotD.

Ok, you know what would be SO AWESOME?

A Legends themed flashback or time travel episode featuring Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojiro as Musashi and Kojiro's ancestors/previous incarnations/coincidental ye olde times expies. They can have their cool fight to the death and what not and Ancient Times Kojiro can invent the Pokemon move Aerial Ace
Tsubame gaeshi: This move is based on and named after Sasaki Kojirō's "Turning Swallow Cut" sword technique, so named due to its resemblance to the motion of a swallow's tail in flight, and is usually construed as a quick upward slash followed by a second one down the same direction, same as the move's animation.
:wynaut:

At the very least, you just KNOW Lucario will hog the spotlight again...

Honestly I'm not expecting anything more than a few more Sinnoh Pokemon showing up, possibly Cynthia for an episode or 2 and maybe Dawn coming back if we're really lucky. Cross promotion in the anime when it comes to remakes hasn't been a big deal ever since ORAS came out so I'm not gonna expect too much now.

Honestly I'm not expecting anything more than a few more Sinnoh Pokemon showing up, possibly Cynthia for an episode or 2 and maybe Dawn coming back if we're really lucky. Cross promotion in the anime when it comes to remakes hasn't been a big deal ever since ORAS came out so I'm not gonna expect too much now.
To be fair, ORAS got some nice cross promotion with the Mega Evolution special going to Hoenn, the return of Steven Stone, even having him return for the Kalos finale and Sawyer, who came to be Ash’s main rival and used Mega Sceptile.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom