• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

You thinking of Piplup for Ash again. Your theory idea that Ash adopts Piplup from Dawn when she died or he was lost to her or just Piplup for capture again.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never had any theory about Ash getting Piplup or anything as morbid as Dawn dying. Dawn is one of my favorite characters in the anime and I'd love to see her again. Why would I want her to die or lose Piplup when that marketable Pokemon gives her some chance at a return? Besides all that, I specifically said in the post you quoted that I don't see Ash with a Piplup.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never had any theory about Ash getting Piplup or anything as morbid as Dawn dying. Dawn is one of my favorite characters in the anime and I'd love to see her again. Why would I want her to die or lose Piplup when that marketable Pokemon gives her some chance at a return? Besides all that, I specifically said in the post you quoted that I don't see Ash with a Piplup.
Well, I hope you don't repeat what happens again.

I still don't understand what you're saying or what you're accusing me of in the first place.
No, I am not accusing you, to understand and I said you don't repeat more about Piplup for Ash as false from a past year and that you don't repeat more, no word.

Last edited:
No, I am not accusing you, to understand and I said you don't repeat more about Piplup for Ash as false from a past year and that you don't repeat more, no word.

I've never said anything about Piplup going to Ash last year or this year, so I still don't understand what you've been saying. I specifically said that I can't see Ash with a Piplup and I'm sure I've said that before as well.

I know I mentioned once that I don't really keep up very much with the anime anymore, BUT I would love to see a spin-off series about Legends: Arceus! It almost certainly won't happen, but maybe a 1 or 2 cour series highlighting the major events of the games with its own original storyline would be pretty cool to see.

If previous examples of remakes post-FRLG taught us anything, we're probably just gonna get an arc or a new recurring character to reference BDGP. Lyra for HGSS, Sawyer for ORAS, Ash's Meltan and Lana's Eevee for LGPE, y'know the drill by now. The days where we could reasonably hope for an entire season are long gone.

I don't expect much for Legends: Arceus either, except maybe a Project Mew style search that goes nowhere because they'd never make a Pokémon like Arceus physically appear in a principal role within the main series. At best it gets a fantasy or maybe a five second cameo like in the Hoopa movie.

And no, I won't be happy to watch Lucario be absolutely bloody everywhere again.

Seeing as how they're bringing back Dawn now, it would be remiss of them to not use her again for promotion of BDSP. I'm assuming she strikes up a companionship with Koharu, and Go by extesnion, so well that something akin to a promised visit will happen in the anime around the time of the game's release. Making an original character for it would be silly...

I'm also hoping Barry makes a return too, and has a ranked match with Ash. So much potential for the Sinnoh gang and these remakes.

I can easily see Dawn returning closer to November to promote BDSP more directly. To me, it will be interesting to see what happens when Pokémon Legends: Arceus comes out and if the animé will do anything to promote it, and what it will do to promote it if it does.

Seeing as how they're bringing back Dawn now, it would be remiss of them to not use her again for promotion of BDSP. I'm assuming she strikes up a companionship with Koharu, and Go by extesnion, so well that something akin to a promised visit will happen in the anime around the time of the game's release. Making an original character for it would be silly...

I'm also hoping Barry makes a return too, and has a ranked match with Ash. So much potential for the Sinnoh gang and these remakes.
We see a new opening on July 16.
If Dawn reunites with Ash, Goh and Chloe as teams, Dawn will be the protagonists again that we talk about new poster as she will not do it permanently and she stays at Cerise Laboratory too.
If Dawn doesn't reunite with Ash, Goh, and Chloe as teams, Dawn will be recurring characters in two episodes and nothing more, and will change other new posters in a month.

Please explain to me.

I meant, where did you hear that a new opening would come on July 16?
Yes, we saw in the new poster of Dawn and Piplup is going back and we all know it will change as a new opening on July 16, if Dawn will be the protagonist again since it will not do it permanently. Only episode 74 and 75 with Dawn and if they announces a new title of episode 76 or 77 without Dawn as if you doesn't implode you and neither do I. In August, it will will change other new posters permanently with other older friends of Ash.

I hope you think.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom