• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
With the revelation of ancient Sinnoh variants and evolutions I wouldn’t be surprised if they an episode where Ash and/or Go get sent into Sinnoh’s past, possibly having Go bringing Stantler with him so it can evolve.

SammyW27

Reaction score
Charon's possible. He was never arrested.

Always bugged me that he got away and they never did anything with it...

Though that depends on if the showrunners remember him and/or want to so anything with him. <_<

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Reaction score
If Satoshi can be Alola champion and Iris can be Isshu champion, I see no reason for them to withhold "top coordinator" title from Hikari.
I just hope that the fact that we haven't seen her get it yet means that we'll be allowed to see her get the Top Coordinator title in the future, hopefully during this winter special that will hopefully turn into a full blown arc if this does, indeed, turn out to be the case.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
If Satoshi can be Alola champion and Iris can be Isshu champion, I see no reason for them to withhold "top coordinator" title from Hikari.
I just hope that the fact that we haven't seen her get it yet means that we'll be allowed to see her get the Top Coordinator title in the future, hopefully during this winter special that will hopefully turn into a full blown arc if this does, indeed, turn out to be the case.
Becoming Champion was not Ash or Iris's goal, but becoming a Top Coordinator was Dawn's goal. So no. I don't see it happening.

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Becoming Champion was not Ash or Iris's goal, but becoming a Top Coordinator was Dawn's goal. So no. I don't see it happening.
I can prove that this is simply not true. We seen both of their dreams:
20210827_054343.jpg
20210827_054408.jpg
20210827_054235.jpg
20210827_054209.jpg
20210827_054320.jpg
20210827_054259.jpg

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Huh, funny how ash had a dream where he became the worlds greatest pokemon trainer and now he is in the PWC which whole thing is finding the best trainer. Probably just a coincidence that it happened but, funny none the less
I always see pokémon master as just another word for "greatest pokémon trainer" so it was always his goal since the beginning.

SammyW27

Reaction score
I am hoping that there will be a new Eeveelution introduced which will be what Chloe’s Eevee will evolve into, which will be an ancient form that has been seen since the olden days.
With all the surprising cross-gen evolutions in Legends, you may be on to something... :unsure:

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
We're really overdue for a new Eeveelution anyway, so I would like to see one as well. And given how these cross-gen evolutions and regional variants have been trickling out as of late, I am a bit hopeful. But we'll see...

I think Eevee gaining a Normal-type evolution would be pretty interesting. Especially for Chloe.

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be a little counter-productive since Eevee is a normal-type anyway???:unsure:
In which sense?

From a gameplay perspective, no as there are plenty of powerful Normal-type Pokémon with high base stat totals (Snorlax, Kangaskhan, Porgyon-2, Porygon Z, Slaking, Miltank, Stoutland, etc.). We would just need good Abilities, movepool, and stat distribution.

For a Chloe sense, Eevee remaining an Eevee is a metaphor for it being okay to take your time to decide what you want to do in life (ex. evolving Eevee into one of its elemental forms/Chloe following her parent's footsteps). Thus, it keeping its Normal typing, yet evolving, can still reflect that idea.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn't be against Chloe's Eevee evolving into this hypothetical Normal type Eeveelution. I'm just against the very idea of a Normal type Eeveelution when we still haven't even got a Dragon one yet. I was hoping so dearly for one as a counterpart to Sylveon in Gen VI and I'm honestly wanting that type covered before anything else.

Again about this Eevee. I think it, more than Sandy did, makes the most sense to just not evolve.

indigohex3

Reaction score
I was on Serebii.net and I noticed in a picture of the upcoming episode (the one revolving around Dialga and Palkia) there is a Pichu with the characters. I don't think any character has a Pichu, so someone must have captured it by then.

VetProf

Reaction score
I was on Serebii.net and I noticed in a picture of the upcoming episode (the one revolving around Dialga and Palkia) there is a Pichu with the characters. I don't think any character has a Pichu, so someone must have captured it by then.
Highly implied that it's Ash's Pikachu that has been reverted to a Pichu by Dialga's time powers.

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
I hope Legends Arceus is movies-only so they don't have to awkwardly shoehorn in Hisuian pokemon to rot away under Go and Ash's ownership

Picardluke

Reaction score
Given that there's still Piplup and Pachirisu merch for early next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn gets a third cameo. She can meet her ancestor next if they do a short time travel arc, just like she met her AU counterpart.