• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Last edited:
Well, it finally happened. The whole world can finally rejoice.

Legends is especially looking like a pretty good title that I'll check out in the future, a big contrast to me not caring about Sword and Shield.

images - 2021-02-26T183946.157.jpeg

Personally, I love the chibi style for the character models. My instant reaction was "Oh my goodness Dawn looks so cute!" more than anything else.

As far as the anime goes, I think that the chances of Dawn appearing again just skyrocketed. They'd want to showcase Dawn and Piplup to tie in with at least the Sinnoh remakes. I'd love it if this also allows them to show off some Contests. Even if it's just one, getting the chance to see Dawn perform again would be great. Ideally getting Jessie to perform as a Coordinator again would be fantastic. She was robbed out of getting a good farewell in the Sinnoh Grand Festival. I'm in the middle of my DP rewatch and I just really miss Contests. Barry is also a possibility out of returning characters, but I think Dawn being so popular and having a marketable Pokemon like Piplup associated with her gives her a huge edge in that department.

I'm not sure how they could showcase Pokemon Legend in the anime due to it taking place in the past. Maybe they could have an arc where Ash and Goh somehow time travel and spend a few episodes in ancient Sinnoh. That might be too hopeful given that Journeys doesn't seem interested in arcs, but it would be cool. It would be cool if Ash and Goh caught some Pokemon in the past and then took them back into the future with them too.

Legends may get the SS treatment, which was just an arc. A 4-6 part arc of the kids transported to the past could be fun. Stuff like that is why I was for dropping the old format. Another interesting thing is that PM might last as long as DP did, maybe even as long as the OS. It is obvious now that anime has broken away from the games for the most part.

Now I want NPS content even more, even without Todd/Snap (though I think I spotted all growed up in the trailer). At least a promo-short.

Sinnoh characters. Heck, a short arc there for good measure.

Goh's going to get a Sinnoh starter, isn't he? -_-

Legends will get a dream/fantasy episode starring Ninja Dawn, or a Special. At the very least it should get a cool promo-short.

Legends may get the SS treatment, which was just an arc. A 4-6 part arc of the kids transported to the past could be fun. Stuff like that is why I was for dropping the old format. Another interesting thing is that PM might last as long as DP did, maybe even as long as the OS. It is obvious now that anime has broken away from the games for the most part.

I'm not sure if I could see Journeys lasting for five years like the original series. Four years might be more possible though. I don't know if they'd be able to get Legends and generation nine out in the same year, even with the latter coming out early in 2022 instead of the fall like we're used to with main series titles. It's possible, but it is still too early to tell.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom