• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

^ As well as elements in the Hoopa Movie and the Cosplay Pikachu special/episode. And to a lesser extent the promo-trailer and the Hoenn segments of Generations.

ORAS might not have gotten as much as the other remakes, but what it got was pretty noticeable.

And as beloved as Gen 4 is, chances are we'll get something.
At the very least ya just know Lucario will go back to hogging the spotlight BIG TIME! ;)

Last edited:
No, not like Twilight Wings. Twilight Wings was cute, but I think Legends deserves a series with full-length episodes, the same length as those of the main anime.

No, not like Twilight Wings. Twilight Wings was cute, but I think Legends deserves a series with full-length episodes, the same length as those of the main anime.
Even if we did get those, I doubt we'd get anything more than a miniseries in the style of Origins. But I don't think full length episodes are that likely anyway.

If dawn returns as a main cast member ( at least for a while) and infernapes returns, journeys would have gone from the worst series to the second best. The sinnoh remakes are looking to be the best thing to have happened to the anime since, well, forever.

If dawn returns as a main cast member ( at least for a while) and infernapes returns, journeys would have gone from the worst series to the second best. The sinnoh remakes are looking to be the best thing to have happened to the anime since, well, forever.
Personally, not really... It will not negate the fact that the JN team got heavily shafted and has been really mishandled.

Personally, not really... It will not negate the fact that the JN team got heavily shafted and has been really mishandled.
tbh, i don't care too much about that. I view Journeys as a fun little side project. I know it's as official as XY or DP were, but to me its not the same.

That might be one reason why I'm not as super hyped over the trailer as other fans are. That trailer was still awesome and I do hope that those future episodes/plots can be interesting/well executed. I'm just not into the idea of nostalgia bait drastically improving a series over enjoying what the series currently does or ideally for it to improve from its own flaws. Hoping for it to rely so much on the nostalgia of DP in order for it to improve just seems a bit much to me. Not to mention it just sounds like setting your hopes way too high. There's not even any sign of Dawn returning anytime soon and we don't know what they plan on doing with Infernape yet either.

Maybe it also helps that I'm just not as negative towards Journeys as other fans too. I have my fair share of problems with it and I can get frustrated with its decisions quite easily too, but at the end of the day, I still enjoy it. It's still fun to watch and there are plenty of great episodes and moments throughout its run thus far. So I guess I just have a harder time seeing the potential notion of Journeys relying on some nostalgic nods or characters returning for an episode as anything to drastically improve it. There is still time for the series to ideally improve and become more enjoyable for people, but I don't think relying on DP nostalgia alone is going to change anyone's minds on it, especially if the other problems people tend to have with the series continue or become worse.

tbh, i don't care too much about that. I view Journeys as a fun little side project. I know it's as official as XY or DP were, but to me its not the same.

I can understand not liking the series, but viewing the continuation as the main anime series as a fun little side project is kind of odd. It's still in the same continuity and it isn't treated like the specials or shorts we've gotten in the past were, so I don't quite understand the logic here.

Ok, you know what would be SO AWESOME?

A Legends themed flashback or time travel episode featuring Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojiro as Musashi and Kojiro's ancestors/previous incarnations/coincidental ye olde times expies. They can have their cool fight to the death and what not and Ancient Times Kojiro can invent the Pokemon move Aerial Ace
Tsubame gaeshi: This move is based on and named after Sasaki Kojirō's "Turning Swallow Cut" sword technique, so named due to its resemblance to the motion of a swallow's tail in flight, and is usually construed as a quick upward slash followed by a second one down the same direction, same as the move's animation.
:wynaut:
Soz for quoting myself and having a totally one-track mind, but look at this awesome art a friend of mine did on this theme!!

Yeah, I'd MUCH rather it meant a Dawn return...but the horrifying potential of Goh getting Piplup is great...:eek:

Not Ash. With him being in hype class, it doesn't make Sense to give him nfe mons that are new

I don't really like the notion that Ash can't get unevolved Pokemon. I understand why given how his current team has been handled and the Hyper Class will be full of strong trainers, but I think giving him unevolved Pokemon would be at least plausible, if only so that he has something more to work with in regards to his current team. Plus, with so many PWC matches being done off-screen and I still suspect that will continue to happen even in the Hyper Class, they could just make any Pokemon he gain more experience from off-screen battles.

That being said, I don't see Ash with a Piplup. Or even Chloe for that matter. I'd rather that they just bring Dawn back if they want to showcase Piplup for an episode or two. I don't have a problem with Goh getting Piplup or one of the Sinnoh starters in general though.

I don't really like the notion that Ash can't get unevolved Pokemon. I understand why given how his current team has been handled and the Hyper Class will be full of strong trainers, but I think giving him unevolved Pokemon would be at least plausible, if only so that he has something more to work with in regards to his current team. Plus, with so many PWC matches being done off-screen and I still suspect that will continue to happen even in the Hyper Class, they could just make any Pokemon he gain more experience from off-screen battles.

That being said, I don't see Ash with a Piplup. Or even Chloe for that matter. I'd rather that they just bring Dawn back if they want to showcase Piplup for an episode or two. I don't have a problem with Goh getting Piplup or one of the Sinnoh starters in general though.
You thinking of Piplup for Ash again. Your theory idea that Ash adopts Piplup from Dawn when she died or he was lost to her or just Piplup for capture again.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom