• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bring Back The Teams Section In The Tournaments Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaffronGamer

Find Me On The Youtubez
Reaction score
Basic Idea

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/competitions.php?do=teams

This should be brought back to the forums.
If this can be properly managed, it would have much potential to increase the size of our battling community

People battling as a group would not only increase a the size of the battling comminty, it would encourage us to help each other and improve overall battling skills.

Basic rules:
  • only join one team.
  • anyone may join a team, but you must be older than a month(or two) to create a team.
  • team must be approved before being posted.
  • no flaming other teams or in your own team(of course).
  • only post in your team thread.
  • Following standard rules.
  • teams that are inactive for about 3+ weeks will be closed

Additional Points
Is this able to get its own tab? or at least be able to have a dropdown arrow next to the word"tournament" in which you would be able to quickly select the teams section.

In addition to this, we would have to have a mod or two stationed there to be able to keep order,approve teams, etc.
I'd recomend the current battle forum mods to be in charge of this section, but this can be whomever the mods think is good for the job.

A full wipe of all older teams would be needed since they're uneeded.

team leaders may assign ranks or levels of skill to their teamates. How this is done would be the desision of the team leader.
Battling
People may battling in their own teams with each other to become better and more skillful in competative play by using their DS system to play or using Pokemon Online/Shoddy

Communication
Each team would need a quick way to communucate and dicuss.
PMs/VMs wouldn't work since this would be a team effort.
I recommend Xat chats. ANYONE can make one. It can be problerly moderated by the leader and co-leader. It can be customly designed. its free. and has smiles, your own custom avatar, and a nice way to save your friend code and have pple view/register it.
If you want an example of a Xat chat, you may view my old xat chat that was used for the IPGL renovations before the social group was made.
http://xat.com/BMGfWirelessGarden

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All suggestions/comments/questions are useful. Don't hesitate to speak up. ;)

Last edited:
Re: Bring Back the Teams in the Tournaments Tab

I'm not at full liberty to discuss this right now, but we do intend to place more emphasis on tournaments with vB4 if possible. This is the addon we'll be using for it. I'd suggest looking at this and seeing how you can maybe modify your suggestions to work with it.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238945

I'd support a wipe of the current clans, seeing as they have no purpose, UP

Last edited:

Personally, I love the idea...

I'm not at full liberty to discuss this right now, but we do intend to place more emphasis on tournaments with vB4 if possible. This is the addon we'll be using for it. I'd suggest looking at this and seeing how you can maybe modify your suggestions to work with it.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238945

That's really cool, UP.

UP - I think..... it's an awesome idea :smokin:

Last edited:
Re: Bring Back The Teams In The Tournaments Tab

Imo, this is a great idea :D UP

Last edited:

Up for sure.

I'm for it.

aka UP

Last edited:

This looks good, especially with the vb4 add on. Good stuff :).

UP

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this would be a great idea for battlers of all nature. I'm not that good, but I want to get better with competitive battles. :) I like this idea! Thumbs up!

Yup, yup, thumbs up.

I added it in for you guys. In the future, make sure you make it clear how you vote.

UP

This sounds like a great idea. It would certainly make our league seem more official.

If there is some way to set-up security settings like invite only and only users can see discussions. Basically if its possible to make it group like, then it'll be perfect for the BCL. But even otherwise its good.
UP

I don't battle competitively, but this sounds like a good idea and a cool concept.

UP

If there is some way to set-up security settings like invite only and only users can see discussions. Basically if its possible to make it group like, then it'll be perfect for the BCL. But even otherwise its good.
UP

This would actually be different than the BCL and would have its own system.
since people can join a single team on their own choice and anyone(older than a
month or two.)
and im looking to change the system of battling another team to something else(It might not change tho)

Last edited:
Okay its been 2 weeks without any response from members, could there be few comments/ideas coming from a few Mods whom could help out with this?
Cause it would be really fun to have this system up.

and I personally think that xat chats are good imo, but we could use the IRC if we have to.

Last edited:
So given the recent issues we've had and the rules regarding teams, how would this be different? I'd like some more specifics about what these teams' purpose is and how they are going to operate before we let this go forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom