• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bring Dive Back?

Bring Dive Back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I really liked diving in R/S/E. I think it should make a comeback in B/W. The 3D effects would make it awesome! So tell me forum, do you want diving back?

It really needs to come back. It opens up so many possibilities for exploration and its absurd that it was ever removed.

I like Dive, but I don't like 8,000 water types. These conflict.

I liked the move and what they did with it, but I'm indifferent to bringing it back.

Well, it was removed because of the distinct lack of area for it to be performed in Sinnoh. I personally think it should be brought back only because of it opening more area to explore. I didn't particularly like the areas where I had to dive, because it could be a little confusing, and there were too many pokemon encounters to really explore properly.

I'll just say again, they should make like a current or a splashy part of the water that acts like tall grass, and maybe a slight chance of encounter otherwise, and then dive could be like a cave, where you can see wild pokemon anywhere.

I would rather have Dive then Defog so I say bring it back

I'd love to see dive again, especially with enhanced graphics and the new 3D system! It'd be beautiful down there!

If they bring Dive, the should make Dig go underground

Just saying.

I say that dig could lead to the underground, but the backlash of angry fans wanting it to just be an escape route would be too great. I think that having dive is great, but if they do, they should make it so you can dive almost anywhere, although obviously some places would be too shallow, they should have the ocean bottom explorable.

I say that dig could lead to the underground, but the backlash of angry fans wanting it to just be an escape route would be too great. I think that having dive is great, but if they do, they should make it so you can dive almost anywhere, although obviously some places would be too shallow, they should have the ocean bottom explorable.

Then make dig do that except on specially marked areas, like dive.

You'd only be able to dig when your outside a cave, when your in one, it would lead to the entrance.

It like to see it come back, in addition to a more expansive underwater environment than we saw in Gen III.

More area to explore is always good, in a game like this.

Am I the only person who voted "No?"

True, Dive was a good HM, but I don't like to cram HMs on to my main team members (in Sapphire and Emerald, my Swampert had both Dive and Surf; I don't like giving my Pokemon offensive moves of the same type, unless it's for a good reason). I don't like using HM slaves, either.

I also voted no, Dive sucked ass, I don't like being underwater.

I think the whole Dive-thing wasn't used as far as it could have been in R/S/E, and we could only catch two Pokémon underwater (Clamperl and Chinchou).

I'd say no if it turned out to be the same as R/S/E, where only a couple of routes had the opportunity to be dived under, and the available wild Pokémon was as pathetic as R/S/E. However, if they could somehow fit that every sea route had an underwater part, and more variety of Pokémon, then why not?

I'd love to see it come back, but with better Pokemon and use of the better graphics. I really think it could look great in full on 3D, plus its always nice to have new areas to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom