• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Bristol Mafia Speedway- Endgame, mafia wins

Man i am actually kinda mad at how that day ended.

Honestly one of my main strategies is to mostly play during the summer when I don't have school (and now, band), to clog up my schedule.
just ask my scumbuds, they'll tell you I'm not active in scumchat either
Cool

Nice dodging my questions, by the way, but glad to see you gave a halfassed answer in the next post at least.

yeah but at what point does an inactive become too inactive to the point where it's detrimental? just wait for them to be modkilled, I guess? better than potentially wasting a phase I guess
I would argue it begins to become detrimental around mid D2 - early D3. Especially if they are still alive on D3 and haven’t done much, since that means they’ve lurked around long enough to stay in the game, but haven’t done anything to help solve it (Looking at you @Pikochu @MegaPod )

thinking about it, I'm confused about Timaeus' role btw. Did he not have an ability I guess? Or....?
Looks like he did based on Jinjo's flip, Timaeus did indeed have some ability.

Unprompted actually looks scummier.
I agree, but was trying to think about it from Jinjo's perspective as a then claimed, now flipped VT. If Jinjo thought that this was a vanilla game, an umprompted VT claim might have helped at the very least verify her theory this was the case. But we know this not to be true since Jinjo and Timaeus have separate flips, and Jinjo did explicitly say she thought Contrainer was scummy, so the point is moot.

I voted Jinjo just to prompt her to respond more. It worked obviously but I didn’t think a wagon would form. I also thought the phase didn’t end till tomorrow.

Contrainer is my top suspect. I don’t like the random no prompting claim, and I’ve seen nothing of value from them either. Also their jump on Jinjo didn’t seem like a townie jump.
I think Jinjo was scummy and worth a lynch until she took herself out of the day's PoE with that VT claim (or at least she should have). She was starting to look a little better when prodded but, as you so aptly put it, I kind of expected a bit more from her, specifically for her to do some more unprompted hunting.

I would agree with Contrainer as a suspect going into the next day, but that shot by Snowy should not be without concern. There was no reason for Jinjo to die that day after she had claimed in my opinion. I would like to push the inactives in the beginning of the next day too.

This was my fault. The vanilla townie claim was pretty sus, so i used my bad driving skills (aka power). Make of that as you will.
My guy.

If you were going to shoot a VT claim I am so confused as to why you think Jinjo was more sus than Contrainer. The former was actually being helpful and answering questions, whereas the latter claimed and dipped. All that being said, I am very wary of your role being mafia-aligned as...well, Dawning says it better than I would be able to, actually.

Aside from past experiences, being able to stop the day early at potentially any point without warning or consulting other players, thus stopping ongoing discussion of the vote, benefits scum more than town in basically any scenario. I see no reason why town would have such a role.

Unless what you're hinting at is not in fact Day Shorten (which is the only thing I can make sense of it being), you can expect me to vote you next phase.

Snowy, please explain. Also while you're at it, go back and address some of the comments I made towards you if you wouldn't mind. That doesn't help your cause in my eyes as it seemed like you just showed up to be like :O towards the VT claim and then didn't address any of the things that people actually said to you.

I think it's fairly common for this site.

Apologies for the short post last post, was fighting with my connection.

But yeah, dayvig. That was what I meant by my bad joke about my driving. :)
I can definitely see a world where dayvig is a scum role. And yeah, any role that ends the day early harms the town, because it prevents players from using their most powerful weapon, their vote.

Claiming VT is good if you don't like being nightkilled
Claiming VT is also good if you are scum that wants to stay under the radar.

What made you think you were going to be nightkilled, anyway?

My guy.

If you were going to shoot a VT claim I am so confused as to why you think Jinjo was more sus than Contrainer. The former was actually being helpful and answering questions, whereas the latter claimed and dipped. All that being said, I am very wary of your role being mafia-aligned as...well, Dawning says it better than I would be able to, actually.
Jinjo didn't feel like Town Jinjo, and had a VT role in what was looking like - to me - a role mania game. I highly doubt there is a second VT in the game.

Apologies again for being gone. Unpacking has been done for me and I'm just getting back. Now I can start giving this game more attention.

I'm failing to see how Snowy being Daybig would make him scum. Sure, the kill on Jinjo wasn't exactly the best outcome but it sure as hell doesn't make Snowy scum align, all it just basically proves is that the claim is more or less legit.

I highly doubt there is a second VT in the game.

Vanilla town? Oh hi.

She does? I could've sworn it was a mainly scum thing for her...
No. It’s a scummy thing but Jinjo does have naturally scummy behavior even as town.
Claiming VT is good if you don't like being nightkilled
Most anti town thing ever said. Especially since if there’s a cop you put them in more danger. VT should not claim without prompting .
An abundance of caution.
I do not retract my claim, btw
Because you’re mafia right?
Jinjo didn't feel like Town Jinjo, and had a VT role in what was looking like - to me - a role mania game. I highly doubt there is a second VT in the game.
Role mania? I don’t even understand how you came to that conclusion. Even believing that you missed Contrainers VT claim the only role information you had was Timaeus vague claim, Jinjos VT claim, and your own role. In a game where discussed already that it’s a BASIC GAME. Basic =/= role mania. Basic means simple which usually includes VTs. Overall nothing pointed to her lying about her claim. The signs pointed to the possibility of VTs. In fact the majority probably are vanilla.
I'm failing to see how Snowy being Daybig would make him scum. Sure, the kill on Jinjo wasn't exactly the best outcome but it sure as hell doesn't make Snowy scum align, all it just basically proves is that the claim is more or less legit.
What was the point in killing the main wagon early? Why prevent town from further discussion and getting more information from her if Snowy was so positive that Jinjo was mafia? Wouldn’t we want her to post more so we could use her posts to scumhunt? Seriously please explain in what way did that not harm the town in a game where activity is low nevertheless. We need every minute of the day phases. If he hadn’t done that then I can say I personally would have had the time to unvote Jinjo and vote Contrainer, which is literally the post I was building when the phase ended. Plenty of us have stuff in real life that can prevent from posting or slow down posting, and Snowy just kicked us all in the face. So please explain how what he did is not super scummy?

Found my other quotes. Apparently switching from PC to phone does not transfer quotes -- Also I had a lot of ME quotes from Rainbow Rocket Mafia @@

And she never actually acknowledged any of the suspicion people had towards her, no response of any sort.
Space did, and did reply.
Vote: Midorikawa
This is the moment I knew Jinjo was town. Despite what others said, the only game I played with her as mafia, she did not actually scumread me at first. It wasn't until late game that she tried to lynch me I believe. Which is why Jinjo scumreading me usually makes her town to me... man we have a weird relationship.

An inactive alive player can become active later in the game, An inactive dead player can never become active... and provides no useful information.
....The host is modkilling inactives. They are useless regardless. I rather lynch an inactive player than one contributing since that inactive one is dying regardless. No reason to cut others contribution short.
you could look through posts to find evidence to support your theory and my evidence on you is the fact that you havent been contributing or trying to contribute to the town all you are doing is making seemingly blind accusations
....No offense but you could too. You have been providing thoughts, but not showing the evidence behind them, which isn't entirely bad, but this does look bad since you're being hypocritical.

o_O Vanilla townie? I mean, it's not impossible but it just feels a little off to me.
A little off should not mean "Is absolutely lying no matter what" and should instead be investigated and discussed further.
dude please i know you two aren't the biggest fan of each other in these games but let's actually try and scumhunt without the tunnelling please
goes for you as well @Midorikawa
Well irrelevant now, but quoted this to say I was doing a vote to pressure her some. Ignoring Jinjo always scumreading me, she's pretty good at noticing mafia. I think I'm the main one she cannot accurately read, but that's just because my playstyle looks super scummy to her. Though maybe she's always just paranoid after what I did to her in our first mafia game together. Anyways because by ignoring her posts on me, I know she can contribute good stuff, I wanted to see her do more.
I think Jinjo was scummy and worth a lynch until she took herself out of the day's PoE with that VT claim (or at least she should have). She was starting to look a little better when prodded but, as you so aptly put it, I kind of expected a bit more from her, specifically for her to do some more unprompted hunting.
Eh. I just used that as a reason for my vote, but it was far from a serious vote. Also considering I've been lackluster and haven't been the most active I can understand her needing to build up into activity. I think everyone is waking up in this game still, and we're now getting into that after coffee boost.
I would agree with Contrainer as a suspect going into the next day, but that shot by Snowy should not be without concern. There was no reason for Jinjo to die that day after she had claimed in my opinion. I would like to push the inactives in the beginning of the next day too.
Agreed that Snowy is a big concern, and Pikos defense of him is suspicious too. Regardless of if Jinjo was mafia or not, she was the majority, and that just harmed town in so many ways. Even if Jinjo had been mafia, it denied us the possibility of more information from her posts to scumhunt her buddies. I see no way that was beneficial.

Contrainer is completely anti town too. Claiming vanilla unprompted just puts roles like cop and doctor in more danger, and so far in general he is showing me first mentality which is completely anti-town. Mafia can work with a me first mentality because they can bus each other to look townie. Town cannot because we have to work together to find mafia. Mafia know who we are, we do not know them, so that mentality is not helpful.

Role mania? I don’t even understand how you came to that conclusion. Even believing that you missed Contrainers VT claim the only role information you had was Timaeus vague claim, Jinjos VT claim, and your own role. In a game where discussed already that it’s a BASIC GAME. Basic =/= role mania. Basic means simple which usually includes VTs. Overall nothing pointed to her lying about her claim. The signs pointed to the possibility of VTs. In fact the majority probably are vanilla.
I really hope not.

Anyway, What's done is done, I made a judgment call, I've explained my reasoning. You can tear it apart all you want and call it a bad decision all you want, but just remember that I did not have to claim. I could have remained quiet and let the chaos ensue. Why would I make a claim that draws attention to myself after such a bad DK, if I was scum? And I haven't even been counterclaimed, so you have no reason to suspect I lied about that claim.

I thought Jinjo was acting sus, I thought Jinjo made a sus claim, I thought Jinjo wasn't acting like town Jinjo does. Those are my reasons. They might be bad reasons, I'll grant you that. But what's done is done.

Space did, and did reply.
Yeah I know, I missed it. She pointed it out, thanks though. I think after today I am feeling somewhat better about Space, though I still am not the biggest fan of her D1 stuff.

I can definitely see a world where dayvig is a scum role. And yeah, any role that ends the day early harms the town, because it prevents players from using their most powerful weapon, their vote.
Definitely, ending the day early is nothing but bad for the town, and assuming 1x... a dayvig in a seemingly mostly vanilla game doesn't seem all that crazy for scum to have, especially if it's their only role outside nk.

Why would I make a claim that draws attention to myself after such a bad DK, if I was scum? And I haven't even been counterclaimed, so you have no reason to suspect I lied about that claim
If you're a scum dayvig, you could've been betting on people not thinking it's possible for your role to be scum aligned based on what it usually is.

Also if people actually are vanilla, please stop claiming. Like Mido said, it puts things like doctors and other power potential roles at more risk by decreasing the number of people the pool of people Mafia are shooting into to land on one of those power roles. (Not that I'm sure I believe either of the still-living vanilla claims anyway though, Piko did literally nothing of value in his post but claimed vanilla because...? and Contrainer's jumping on the Jinjo wagon doesn't sit well with me, nor does how close to the unannounced shortened deadline he jumped of tbf... at least to me, it almost feels like he maybe saw that coming and didn't want to be associated with the death? If that's the case it'd make Snowy and Contrainer both scum so I'm not gonna say it super confidently even though I'm not feeling great about either, but if one flips Mafia I'd want to look at the other for the next kill.)

Day 3 start
Trouble for multiple drivers on pit road, Denny Hamlin and Aric Almirola made contact and both of them are done for the evening.

Midorikawa has died! They were Aric Almirola, the Vanilla townie

MegaPod has been modkilled for inactivity due to not responding since Sunday. They were Denny Hamlin, the Mafia Goon.

Green flag is back in the air!
@Snowy
@DawningWinds
@TheCapsFan
@quagsire fan123
@Pikochu
@Contrainer
@Space

Day 3 starts now. Day 3 will end at 4:00 PM EST on Friday, September 24th.

Which one is the mafia goon? Is that the scum version of vanilla?
Yeah pretty much. They can do scum nightkill (unless it's one of those games where nightkill's pre-assigned to one specific scum) but no unique powers.

...I guess those two flips probably confirm this game is more vanilla than not.

Anyhow:
Vote Contrainer
Not sure if I'd rather go here or Snowy for today actually, Snowy at least has made something resembling an attempt to be helpful this game (attempts I'm not a huge fan of, but attempts)...

ok its day now im gonna vote contrainer
Unvote:snowy
Vote:Contrainer

i have posted about why im doing this but i didnt realize you couldnt vote during night so read that post for my reasoning

Back
Top Bottom