• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Bristol Mafia Speedway- Endgame, mafia wins

The thing that's pinged me the most so far is DawningWinds' flip flopping between players for seemingly no reason. It seems like he's just grasping at straws to figure out who he wants to vote for, and whenever the player in question comes to the thread or answers a question, then he just takes his vote off. What is this accomplishing? This isn't putting pressure on anyone, since he's not sticking with a single line of reasoning or really making any concrete case, so what is it for?
This is a pretty valid point, I guess I haven't made my reasoning super clear. I'm not super sure where the best place to put it is at the moment tbh.
I think at the moment my scum reads are settled into Space, Snowy, and Jinjo, who I think fall roughly in that order. Before it was mostly quags/Snowy and I was kinda undecided between them but quags I'm feeling better about and not currently voting regardless of what the count says.
Space has been tunnelling on Timaeus without actually giving an opinion on Timaeus until just now, and I just. A town tunnel is usually on someone your scumreading but Space was pretty much entirely neutral on them up to their most recent post. Which was after being called out by two people. So. She still hasn't given any particular opinions on other players.
Snowy's lurkiness and lack of significant original reasoning related to literally anything while simultaneously voting someone on the grounds of not having significant original reasoning (note: I called quags out for this first, hence, me calling Snowy's reasoning non-original)
Jinjo's just felt off for Jinjo to me- like I said, I'd usually expect her to have more thoughts in general. Her only read thus far was a tr on me for encouraging discussion, which, looking at it again, is pretty weak honestly. Scum are active and participate in discussion all the time. Her calling Tim's claim a "joke" is also pretty weird though more weird in a "what" way than a "scum" way.

I was leaning scum on quags cause spamminess and fluff and sheeping and I couldn't get a feel for if it was pure newbiness or more malicious, though from more recent posts they feel more like new-town than new-scum to me.

Mido I was leaning town on slightly but you just pointed out that her self-voting D1 is something she does pretty often which I forgot, so feeling pretty much entirely neutral on her.

Tim's audience thing doesn't feel like a scum thing flavour-wise to me so I'm not majorly concerned about them. They've also tried to start discussion a lot more compared to Xenoblade where they were scum so that's a point in their favor.

...And I'd say you're probably town. I agree with about most of your reads to some extent, and the ones I don't (me, Space), do make sense to me and frankly I'd probably sheep your vote on me if it weren't for the fact that I'm me.

...And I'd say you're probably town. I agree with about most of your reads to some extent, and the ones I don't (me, Space), do make sense to me and frankly I'd probably sheep your vote on me if it weren't for the fact that I'm me.
Also I forgot to mention- I feel like giving some thoughts on (almost) every other player who's posted looks pretty good immediately when you came in is pretty good, considering that most people haven't given anything except an vaguely null read for more actives (if that) than not and most other people haven't really cared except when there are absolutely no reads, so if you're scum, faking this list seems weird, since it in my mind probably encourages everyone else to put more effort into pinning down reads on the other active players (at least, for me seeing a big list like this tends to do that if I don't have any thoughts on many of the players) which, as scum, it makes more sense to just let everyone not have reads when that's what people are already doing so that it's easier for you and your teammates to stay hidden.

Ack, I missed the start of the game! Apologies, I’ve been busy helping my family prepare for a big road trip the past several days ;w;

I understand why Caps might be suspect of DW’s frequent vote switching, though in all fairness I find it pretty relatable at this early stage in the game regardless of alignment, so I can see where DW is coming from. I’m no stranger to switching votes when I’m undecided between players or am trying to press potential leads without much else to go on. DawningWinds’ analyses of the other players so far also seem pretty genuine to me, so I lean Town on them for the time being.

Jinjo does seem a little bit off to me, the closest thing she offered to a suspicion so far being that she thought Timaeus was joking about their role, which seems like an odd criticism to make. Not sure if it’s subtle shade throwing or what, but I’ll keep an eye on her for now.

Something I definitely find off, though, is Space’s posts and vote regarding Timaeus. I think Timaeus made it pretty clear that they weren’t going to fully get into detail about what their role does quite yet, so as not to inform the mafia, but wanted their connection to the crowd cheering out in the open so as to prevent the possibility of any counterclaim confusion in the future. I find that Towny on Timaeus’ part, and it feels odd that Space voted Timaeus for not elaborating further on their role when Timaeus had already established an understandable reason for not doing so.

Vote: Space

A lot of the other players I’m feeling pretty neutral on so far, so those are my main thoughts for now.

my reads on people so far:

DawningWinds is switching a lot but they have been contributing or least it seems like they have, I have literally no idea if they are scum or not

Snowy i accused them of not being active enough and acussing without much evidence but they have been more active and it was a joke vote so i think there probably fine Unvote:Snowy

Jinjo is the one of the only people I actually suspect at this point becuase she has accused timeaus of joking about having a special ability and when she was accused of not doing much she talked about not being able to get a read on people on day 1 and said space had been asking a lot of questions about timeaus's role basically only accusing people and saying timeaus has no power thus i think she is scum Vote:Jinjo

Space has been mostly asking about timeaus's role and i find that a little suspicous but I'm not sure if they are scum

and i have no read on anyone else

Something I definitely find off, though, is Space’s posts and vote regarding Timaeus. I think Timaeus made it pretty clear that they weren’t going to fully get into detail about what their role does quite yet, so as not to inform the mafia, but wanted their connection to the crowd cheering out in the open so as to prevent the possibility of any counterclaim confusion in the future. I find that Towny on Timaeus’ part, and it feels odd that Space voted Timaeus for not elaborating further on their role when Timaeus had already established an understandable reason for not doing so.

the counterclaim thing is weird because the role apparently is out of the ordinary so why worry about it being counterclaimed unless they know someone else might have a role like them? also if Timaeus is going to bring up their role in the first place, you gotta expect someone to question it. honestly all I'd expect is for Timaeus to say they can't reveal anything more without full on claiming, but Timaeus hasn't done that so I want more info. Also my vote is partly because I find Timaeus' vote to be useless

DawningWinds is switching a lot but they have been contributing or least it seems like they have, I have literally no idea if they are scum or not

agreed. i like the activity from DawningWinds, but it's hard to get a handle given the flipflopping. Also find it suspect how DawningWinds said they'd vote themself based on what TheCapsFan said, I'd think there would be some sort of retort or something instead of saying you would vote yourself too.

Jinjo is the one of the only people I actually suspect at this point becuase she has accused timeaus of joking about having a special ability and when she was accused of not doing much she talked about not being able to get a read on people on day 1 and said space had been asking a lot of questions about timeaus's role basically only accusing people and saying timeaus has no power thus i think she is scum Vote:Jinjo

yeah Jinjo has been accusatory without actually going for anyone. Jinjo wasn't saying Timaeus has no power I don't think, just that Jinjo didn't think Timaeus was being serious with what he was saying. Which makes sense, given there's no way of knowing what Timaeus meant, other than the crowd cheering.

Slow going here in the early laps, but- Oh! We have a car going around! It's Chase Elliott in the #9!

crash.jpeg

Timaeus has died! They were Chase Elliott, the town-aligned most popular driver.

D1 final vote count:
Timaeus: 2 (Space, Snowy)
Jinjo: 1 (quagsire fan123)
quagsire fan123: 1 (DawningWinds)
MegaPod: 1 (Timaeus)
DawningWinds: 1 (TheCapsFan)
Space: 1 (MegaPod)

Caution is now out. Green flag will wave again at 1:15 PM EST on Monday, September 20th.

@Pikochu has not yet responded, they will be modkilled if they do not respond before the next day phase starts.

Apologies for the late response again everyone, been traveling but I'll be able to be on time from here on out.

Also find it suspect how DawningWinds said they'd vote themself based on what TheCapsFan said, I'd think there would be some sort of retort or something instead of saying you would vote yourself too.
Caps was right, the flipflopping I've doing without really properly building cases or going into detail with my thoughts wasn't accomplishing anything, and was pretty scummy. I can admit when I haven't been acting in a town-ish manner, and that's what I was doing with that statement.

Back from my road trip. Gonna read up on what happened while I was gone!

we risk eliminating a vital town role.
No we don’t. They’re inactive then they’re more harm than help to town since they aren’t using their role more than likely.
Why do you expect me to give reads on day 1 when what we have seen so far is Timaeus talking about role, snowy voting Quagsire is nai since he has done this both as town and mafia, and Quagsire being a new player sheeping is hard to read, and Mido voting herself was also nai.

Do you expect me to say on day 1 oh these two players are town and this player is scum based on what we have seen so far which were all nai?
I expect you to call me scum.
Hmmm.
I feel like usually when I've seen you as scum you're prone to OMGUS so having the person voting you as your only townread should be a point in your favor. But idk since it could also an attempt to pocket me and get me off your case.
I'm definitely not certain of your townishness but eh, for now I'll go elsewhere.

Unvote: Jinjo

Jinjo pointed out Space questioning Timeaus' role, which I hadn't thought much of but once pointed out I decided to take a quick look-over of Space's posts and see. Just about every single one of her posts have just been questions towards Timeaus- there's no stances really taken on anything except when she questions him about role fishing, and even then. About halfish of the questions were also previously asked by other players or pretty similar to the ones that were. Feels maybe like trying to blend in.
Space wasn’t really rolefishing. She asked him to expand if he could.
I feel like DawningWinds has voted for nearly every active player in the game...

True true, but an inactive cop has no way to defend himself.
It’s not like dawning has much to go off of. Why not pressure the active?
oops forgot this game had started. I'll read up when I can
That’s okay. I keep fore getting it exists.
Mido's put together her classic Day 1 self vote, aside from that just some general comments, nothing super interesting or worth talking about. Timaeus mentioned that he doesn't think that Mido's actions would come from a mafia-aligned person and although I see that logic I also know that Mido plays with serious guts and would totally try and do that just to see what happened.
;)

For a moment I thought Dawning was hiding a role but apparently it was host mistake.

I need to do serious retreading when I have a chance but I’m currently just responding while on lunch. For now

vote: jinjo

I expect more from her.

Space wasn’t really rolefishing. She asked him to expand if he could.
Space wasn't, no. The rolefishing question was one post, sorry, but she did ask Timweaus if he was rolefishing. Up to that time, all her posts were just asking Timeaus questions without taking any stances on Timeaus, which bugs me.

And she never actually acknowledged any of the suspicion people had towards her, no response of any sort.

For a moment I thought Dawning was hiding a role but apparently it was host mistake.
A lynch/vote redirect? Why would I use that to change the vote to someone I was leaning town on when the person I was voting was the top lynch that makes zero sense.

Caps was right, the flipflopping I've doing without really properly building cases or going into detail with my thoughts wasn't accomplishing anything, and was pretty scummy. I can admit when I haven't been acting in a town-ish manner, and that's what I was doing with that statement.

I understand what you were getting at, but I just thought it was suspicious that you didn't even try to defend your thought process

I want to hear more from you, and your thoughts on the game, in your own words.

quagsire has done more than other players and had this post:

my reads on people so far:

Snowy i accused them of not being active enough and acussing without much evidence but they have been more active and it was a joke vote so i think there probably fine Unvote:Snowy

Space has been mostly asking about timeaus's role and i find that a little suspicous but I'm not sure if they are scum

and i have no read on anyone else

so personally I'd think going after inactives would make more sense than singling quagsire out.

Space wasn't, no. The rolefishing question was one post, sorry, but she did ask Timweaus if he was rolefishing. Up to that time, all her posts were just asking Timeaus questions without taking any stances on Timeaus, which bugs me.

And she never actually acknowledged any of the suspicion people had towards her, no response of any sort.

I voted Timaeus, is that not a stance? Also about acknowledging it I had this post in particular to MegaPod

the counterclaim thing is weird because the role apparently is out of the ordinary so why worry about it being counterclaimed unless they know someone else might have a role like them? also if Timaeus is going to bring up their role in the first place, you gotta expect someone to question it. honestly all I'd expect is for Timaeus to say they can't reveal anything more without full on claiming, but Timaeus hasn't done that so I want more info. Also my vote is partly because I find Timaeus' vote to be useless

Vote: MegaPod

find it pretty odd that he points out how TheCapsFan is suspect of DawningWind's flipflopping but says he can see where DawningWinds is coming from + finds Jinjo suspect but is keeping an eye on her, but he ignored my reasoning on questioning Timaeus and my reason for voting him as well? Appears like he just had an idea to vote me and went with it, without responding to any of my posts.

snowy you want more thoughts from me ok you have singled me out twice i have been sharing my thoughts on the game i have been using my own words and you still single me out I still suspect jinjo more but still

Back
Top Bottom