• Magnificent Entertainer barges into the Pastoria Gym, intent on getting his fifth Badge. Watch here as he chases some Team Galactic dingbat and yells at the police again.

British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of the

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of the UK's ...

A group of UK gamers aims to catch all of the original 151 Pokémon in aid of Red Nose Day.

Read more on Bulbanews

Femme Fatale! WOHOO
Reaction score
Re: British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of

I want to see their reaction when they here about Pokemon #151.

A magical girl, transforming very slowly
Reaction score
Re: British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of

Pretty sure they're aware of it.
WITHOUT USING ANY GLITCHES, except the Mew glitch (To obtain ONLY Mew and NO others!)

Engineer_Jeers02.WAV
Reaction score

The only thing I wonder is: are they going to use multiple games or the Japanese Blue version in order to obtain every Pokémon?

We're very concerned.
Reaction score

What a great idea. :)
... This'd probably be a bit of challenge since there was no breeding in Generation I. Obtaining the starters and their evos is gonna be a bitch...

Reaction score

According to the site, they're using Red, Blue and two copies of Yellow. The plan is to get all 151 on a single cartridge (which will be a prize for a randomly-chosen donator). They'll presumably have to restart at least once to get all of the starters and their evolutions.

Also, you lot should donate! I just did, and I'm broke.

Something
Reaction score

This would be a hell of a lot more interesting if they did this for Black and White with the Unova Dex (minus Meloetta and Genosect), but the cause is good.

Also, you lot should donate! I just did, and I'm broke.
But I'm a poor student :(

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Why don't they do it for Black and White instead of Red and Blue, I mean Red and Blue, please, do they even still work? I thought they had some glitch battery thing that stopped them playing after awhile.

RONALDO!!
Reaction score

Are you serious?? Should I laugh harder??

Well, good luck with dat. I dunno how in a way it'll help BUT who knows more than I do bout common sense??

Something
Reaction score

The idea is that you collect sponsers and then do an activity. That's how it helps.

Reaction score

Are you serious?? Should I laugh harder??

Well, good luck with dat. I dunno how in a way it'll help BUT who knows more than I do bout common sense??
It's a... sponsored event, maybe? It works like any other sponsored event?

Why don't they do it for Black and White instead of Red and Blue, I mean Red and Blue, please, do they even still work? I thought they had some glitch battery thing that stopped them playing after awhile.
The first generation really remains the most iconic... plus 151 is a more manageable target than 649. As for the batteries, I believe that was a specific problem with Gold and Silver.

RONALDO!!
Reaction score

It's a... sponsored event, maybe? It works like any other sponsored event?

The first generation really remains the most iconic... plus 151 is a more manageable target than 649. As for the batteries, I believe that was a specific problem with Gold and Silver.
whatever works I guess

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse
Reaction score

This could be pretty easy! The Yellow versions cover for the starters regardless of what the others choose. 3 of them could use their Master Balls for the birds. One will use it for Mewtwo, and then one will catch Mew. The other Pokémon are just distributed in between. Then they just trade them to one cartridge, most likely a Yellow one. The hardest part will most likely be the Safari Zone...

Good luck to these guys anyway. I would donate but Pokémon Black came out before I heard about this...

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

This would be a hell of a lot more interesting if they did this for Black and White with the Unova Dex (minus Meloetta and Genosect), but the cause is good.
Don't forget Keldeo

Reaction score

I think it's a great idea; playing videogames to raise cash! Wonder which poor sod will get stuck raising Dratini? I remember that being such a chore.

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

If they're smart, they'll shove it in daycare while they go lay the rest of the game, then pull it out just before level 55 and evolve it. Alternately, there was the EXP. ALL in Gen I, so that would be quite helpful in raising Pokémon's level without needing to battle with them.

The snake witch of DWMA
Reaction score

a worthy cause, I wish them luck

Reaction score

Just so everyone knows, the event is currently in progress and can be watched here.

They just caught a Sandshrew and named it after me o.o

Welcome to the New Age...
Reaction score

lol reminds me of that other gamer group who did the same thing. but good on them :)

Former Slythe
Reaction score

Just so everyone knows, the event is currently in progress and can be watched here.

They just caught a Sandshrew and named it after me o.o
Cool, could someone put that link in the article for convenience please?

I would love to take part in that, can't wait to see how long it takes them.