• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of the

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of the UK's ...

A group of UK gamers aims to catch all of the original 151 Pokémon in aid of Red Nose Day.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of

I want to see their reaction when they here about Pokemon #151.

Re: British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity: Charitable effort in aid of

Pretty sure they're aware of it.
WITHOUT USING ANY GLITCHES, except the Mew glitch (To obtain ONLY Mew and NO others!)

The only thing I wonder is: are they going to use multiple games or the Japanese Blue version in order to obtain every Pokémon?

What a great idea. :)
... This'd probably be a bit of challenge since there was no breeding in Generation I. Obtaining the starters and their evos is gonna be a bitch...

According to the site, they're using Red, Blue and two copies of Yellow. The plan is to get all 151 on a single cartridge (which will be a prize for a randomly-chosen donator). They'll presumably have to restart at least once to get all of the starters and their evolutions.

Also, you lot should donate! I just did, and I'm broke.

This would be a hell of a lot more interesting if they did this for Black and White with the Unova Dex (minus Meloetta and Genosect), but the cause is good.

Also, you lot should donate! I just did, and I'm broke.

But I'm a poor student :(

Why don't they do it for Black and White instead of Red and Blue, I mean Red and Blue, please, do they even still work? I thought they had some glitch battery thing that stopped them playing after awhile.

Are you serious?? Should I laugh harder??

Well, good luck with dat. I dunno how in a way it'll help BUT who knows more than I do bout common sense??

The idea is that you collect sponsers and then do an activity. That's how it helps.

Are you serious?? Should I laugh harder??

Well, good luck with dat. I dunno how in a way it'll help BUT who knows more than I do bout common sense??

It's a... sponsored event, maybe? It works like any other sponsored event?

Why don't they do it for Black and White instead of Red and Blue, I mean Red and Blue, please, do they even still work? I thought they had some glitch battery thing that stopped them playing after awhile.

The first generation really remains the most iconic... plus 151 is a more manageable target than 649. As for the batteries, I believe that was a specific problem with Gold and Silver.

It's a... sponsored event, maybe? It works like any other sponsored event?

The first generation really remains the most iconic... plus 151 is a more manageable target than 649. As for the batteries, I believe that was a specific problem with Gold and Silver.

whatever works I guess

This could be pretty easy! The Yellow versions cover for the starters regardless of what the others choose. 3 of them could use their Master Balls for the birds. One will use it for Mewtwo, and then one will catch Mew. The other Pokémon are just distributed in between. Then they just trade them to one cartridge, most likely a Yellow one. The hardest part will most likely be the Safari Zone...

Good luck to these guys anyway. I would donate but Pokémon Black came out before I heard about this...

This would be a hell of a lot more interesting if they did this for Black and White with the Unova Dex (minus Meloetta and Genosect), but the cause is good.

Don't forget Keldeo

I think it's a great idea; playing videogames to raise cash! Wonder which poor sod will get stuck raising Dratini? I remember that being such a chore.

If they're smart, they'll shove it in daycare while they go lay the rest of the game, then pull it out just before level 55 and evolve it. Alternately, there was the EXP. ALL in Gen I, so that would be quite helpful in raising Pokémon's level without needing to battle with them.

a worthy cause, I wish them luck

Just so everyone knows, the event is currently in progress and can be watched here.

They just caught a Sandshrew and named it after me o.o

lol reminds me of that other gamer group who did the same thing. but good on them :)

Just so everyone knows, the event is currently in progress and can be watched here.

They just caught a Sandshrew and named it after me o.o
Cool, could someone put that link in the article for convenience please?

I would love to take part in that, can't wait to see how long it takes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom