• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brock should have his own Rival.....

hehey

Reaction score
Like, if by some slim chance Brock did Pokeathlons and bred pokemon for them, itd be great if he had his own rival.

I think it would benefit his character and give him more purpose if he had his own Paul (though not as much of an asswhole).

I don't see it happening. That would mean Brock would have to do something and the writers apparently don't like that.

If only they could bring back Suzy for something of a rival.

A completely new character I wouldn't mind, but how much you wanna bet they wouldn't want to waste their breath? (which makes sense. I don't expect Brock to take over the show aaaaany time soon)

I don't see it happening. That would mean Brock would have to do something and the writers apparently don't like that.

I would lol, but what you said is SO true.

Anyways, I'd like something like that. Brock deserves the extra attention a rival would offer.

Anything to make him more than just a prop that Ash holds on because he can't survive on his own due to him making all his meals, will make him better a better character. Really, Brock needs a special rival to make him kick it into high gear about being a breeder, and a better expansion on what a breeder is capable of in the Pokemon world.

Really, Brock needs a special rival to make him kick it into high gear about being a breeder, and a better expansion on what a breeder is capable of in the Pokemon world.
Im teeling you guys, the Pokeathlons are the perfect oportunity for this, breading olympic pokemans lol. Brock could pull this off.

How exactly is Brock going to breed for the pokeathlon, may I ask?

No, that's not what the character is about. He's the older/mentor type character who fulfills his explanatory role just fine. Not every character needs to get lots of screen time, shows are supposed to have secondary characters who don't do a whole lot. That's the point.

Takeshi (and Kojiro for that matter) are fine how they are now. He gets focus from time to time, and that's all he needs. Besides, having a third goal would make the show too busy. I think the writers have finally found a good balance.

How exactly is Brock going to breed for the pokeathlon, may I ask?

Training your Pokemon to use a skill that will help them win the competition. I think a breeder could help with raising a Pokemon to be good at sporting events much like a personal trainer or coach for other sporting events.

Training your Pokemon to use a skill that will help them win the competition.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I think I've seen something like that before. It was in one of the old episodes.

what was that guy's name? I know it starts with an A... Archie... Andrew... Alexander... Oh, I remember.

Ash.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I think I've seen something like that before. It was in one of the old episodes.

what was that guy's name? I know it starts with an A... Archie... Andrew... Alexander... Oh, I remember.

Ash.

That's was also used for another character as well, what was her name, It started with an M... Martha.... no. Maria... no. Mary... close, but no. May, that's the name! May, she also trained her Pokemon to use a skill required to win contests as well. She also made Pokeblocks in what could be the same way that everyone makes the shakes used to increase the stats for their Pokemon as well.

What was the point of bring that up? Everyone trains their Pokemon to exceed in one skill of theirs, and Pokeathlons being sporting events with well established events could prove to be something of use, if done right. I can see him or someone else breed Pokemon for that kind of competition the same way, by doing things naturally, not like Yuuta that used high tech machines and the like to win his competition.

It just doesn't make Brock stand out. I mean, he does nothing now, but at least he's the only one doing nothing. I actually think if he had his own event and stuff, he might become even more bland.

I mean, really, what all would he, as a breeder, do for the Pokeathlon? Make aprijuice? run in circles? We obviously can't have game breeding.

It just seems that if they want to give brock his own thing that makes him stand out, then it shouldn't be just another contest where he's doing the same thing everyone else is doing.

A rival breeder? If Brock competed in the Pokeathlon, that would be awesome!

Yeah, I can see that this is a pretty interesting concept. I don't know how it'll be played out, though.

I agree. It should be a really attractive, smooth-talking, womanizer type breeder who all the Nurse Joys and Offiver Jennys swoon over.

I can see it now.

I agree. It should be a really attractive, smooth-talking, womanizer type breeder who all the Nurse Joys and Offiver Jennys swoon over.

I can see it now.

Haha I agree. The awesomeness of Brock, the perpetual creepy guy who can't get the girl, having to watch his rival be a real ladies man would be hilarious.

I don't know if the show would have room for three separate rival stories tho. Who knows though, it sounds good.

Erm, having Brock do something would be nice but I'm not sure about raising Pokeathlon pokes. The idea doesn't sound exciting to me at all and just makes me think of a dog show than anything else.

"Growlithe, jump over the hurdle!"
"Growl!"

So I'd rather not have the Pokemon version of Crufts.

Anyway with the whole rival thing, unless he takes up something new then I don't know how he can have a rival. He takes care of Pokemon, makes special food and gives advice. That's just being really nice. If you have a rival for doing good deeds than it just seems odd.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom