• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brock/Takeshi as a companion

I really liked Takeshi.
The only exception being his original series (post-Orange Islands) behavior. Or lack of it.

Yeah his recurring jokes got old, but I think nobody, NOBODY, got even close to replacing his role as the responsible big brother role in the series. Which IMO was actually highlighted in DP despide Masato being gone with the end of AG.
There were several episodes in DP exploring his importance within the travelling trio. My favorite being the one he's temporarily away.

To me THAT'S what his role was. He didn't really have to star a whole episode. He didn't need to battle often. He's more of a big brother and advisor than someone there to take the spotlight.

Now as for his sendoff... I'm not sure how I feel about it. I thought it was very sudden. But I also like how he completely deviated from the obvious path of sticking to what he first saw as his goal, which was being a breeder. I mean, that kind of thing actually happens with people in real life.
I only wish he would show up a little more often than Kenji, playing his new role somewhat.

Oh just one more thing.
His japanese voice is... is... BRILLIANT!!
The one thing keeping me from not so much as chuckling at the most recycled Takeshi recurring jokes is his voice actor. How Takeshi rises his voice in comical ways when he gets over-excited, desperate or shocked. His voice actor makes a whole lot of difference in the comical moments.
And mind you before that I hated him precisely because of his portuguese and american voice actors. His portuguese one sounded bland. His american one sounded like an annoying commercial narrator.

I thought he was great in OS and AG. He filled the role of being the most knowledgeable trainer in the group nicely and had some hilarious moments.

He should have left after that because there was no reason to have him in DP and that was made blatantly obvious by him doing nothing.

I think he was awesome character but i use to have crush on him and still think part of that 14- 15 yr old resides in me still dows. Giving how long they handled him he was handled as well as could be. Also him deciding to become pokémon doctor isn't that farfetched he has sence back in Kanto been helping pokémon. Sinnoh just made him see doctor Brock was an option.

To me, Brock was my whole childhood. He was and still is my favorite character of the anime. He convinced me to ask a girl out. They should never have replaced him with someone who says "its evaluation time!!!!" ><

I have always stood by the belief that Brock is the best protagonist in the Pokemon anime. I still stand by that statement. No other male hero, aside from Clemont to a small degree, comes near him, and I think he'll ALWAYS be my favourite of the group.

I have always stood by the belief that Brock is the best protagonist in the Pokemon anime. I still stand by that statement. No other male hero, aside from Clemont to a small degree, comes near him, and I think he'll ALWAYS be my favourite of the group.

I totally agree with you!! Brock will always be the best!

I never got tired of Brock, as I grew up with him. He was funny, helpful to the cast, and a well-rounded character. I just wished that the writers tied up his romantic issues along with his career resolution.

Maybe they'll do an episode where Brock comes to Kalos and Bonnie sets him up. Either that, or she tries to set Clemont with the girl Brock has his eyes on, and Brock tries to get competitive with Clemont on the matter. I'd definitely watch an episode with either of those scenarios!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom