• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

brock's 4th sinnoh pokemon!

pikachu123

Reaction score
is brock going to capture another pokemon? and if so which one? im starting this thread because nobody talks about brock as much as ash and dawn, so post your ideas on brocks 4th pokemon. i think it should be a magnemite

Um, we have a thread where you can discuss this. You don't have to be creating a new thread for everyone.

As of right now, I don't see Brock getting anything else since his team is already pretty diverse as it is and they're getting all the spotlighting they need now.

We have Croagunk, who's his signature Pokémon. It has a quirky additude, but is willing to keep Brock in line and can be quite the badass when the oppurtunity presents itself.

There's Sudowoodo, who isn't really showcased as much since being a Jotho Pokémon, is second priority compared to the Sinnoh Pokémon. But he's seen as an earnest Pokémon who's really matured from the baby it was as a Bonsly.

And there's Happiny, the new baby of the group, and Brock's cutest Pokémon. It's comic relief relies on it's near-unbelieveable physical strength. She's basically Pokémon's Cute Bruiser.

His current team seems fine for now. But I'd love to see Brock with a Mawile. Maybe one with an additude problem that really needs loving care that Brock can provide (But no angsty backstory). Perhaps it can also be cheeky or it can keep Brock in line by biting him.

Brock's 4th Pokemon should be a Magnemite it would be his first Electric Pokemon also he trained one in DP088 also it can learn moves like ThunderShock,Magnet Bomb and Zap Cannon
also if he trained it well it could evolve in a Magneton.

Brock doesn't need a 4th Pokemon.

Remember how Brock and Misty's teams were filled with Pokemon in Kanto and Johto, and we barely saw their Pokemon do anything?

Sidekicks don't need a lot of pokemon, how often do we honestly see Brock in a real battle?

Sidekicks don't need a lot of pokemon, how often do we honestly see Brock in a real battle?

Because Pokémon are only put on teams to battle. Characterization? who cares? as long as they battle, they deserve to be on the team.

Seriously though, Pokémon don't need to actually fight to be a part on the main cast.

But I do agree, Brock has a well-rounded team right now. But later on he may leave one behind when he makes a periodical stop at the Pewter Gym. Then he may get a new Pokémon to work with.

All I know is that someone in this show needs a Riolu.

No.

Even if someone does gets one (Which I doubt), it's highly unlikely that it would go to Brock.

Although I'd like to see Dawn receive her own Pokémon egg at some point, but like everyone else on the Sinnoh cast, her team is full enough.

There's already enough cast members right now. I'd wait till someone drops a few back at their "Homebase".

The magic numbers are 6/5/3, and if you count Team Rocket, 3/2 plus Meowth.

That brings the main cast total to 25 separate characters.

Pokemon don't need to just be in main characters team for battling, as it said in PIkachu's vaccation, pokemon don't usually like battling and prefer to co-operate, so I don't see why main characters like Ash who battle with pokemon should get a new one before other chacters who own pokemon.

I think if brock should get another pokemon myabe is should be Aron or maybe Pinco/Forretress just to be different

I think if brock should get another pokemon myabe is should be Aron or maybe Pinco/Forretress just to be different

Brock already has a Forretress that evolved from a Pineco, so it's unlikely he'll get another. But man, that says something for Forretress' purpose on the show that people don't even remember him anymore, even if he was the only Pokemon Brock brought with him to Hoenn.

But back to the topic at hand, I agree that Brock's team is pretty much fine the way it is. Considering the desire the writers have to showcase Pokemon that are either new or related to new Pokemon, I'd say Magnemite would've been our best guess, but he already trained one. Maybe Rhyhorn in a similar role to Onix's from Season 1.

But I'd be perfectly fine, if not happier, if he didn't catch any for a while.

Ah, I'd forgot about pinco mostly. Maybe if he had to get a pokemon, he should get one of his older pokemon back, like Steelix or something. But I like Brocks team at moment, especially wiht his powerhouse happiy and what crogaunk brings too is neat.

I think his team is fine right now, but a Rhyhorn, Rhydon, or Rhypherior would be a great addition, and would work, since they're in the Platinum pokedex.

Why Rhyhorn?

Brock doesn't seem to specialize in Rock types any longer. He did when he was gym leader there, but that was due to tradition rather then an actual preference, like say, Misty.

Also, there's Sudowoodo. Who pretty much fills the role of rock.

Besides, if they want a big burly ground type. Dawn's Swinub is most likely to become that. If it ever evolves.

Keeping Brock with 3 Pokemon is fine.

Back in AG Brock also only had 3 Pokemon; Mudkip, Lotad and Foretress. Eventually Mudkip and Lotad evolved, and Ludicolo was then replaced with Bonsly for Battle Frontier.

Brock had like 5 Pokemon back in Kanto/Johto and we hardly saw them so keeping his team small ever since Hoenn is what the writers have been doing.

Though I agree that Brock's team is fine as it is, personally I can see him with a Houndour. Along with showcasing a Johto pokemon that's in the Platinum Dex, I can see it becoming a sort of 'assistant' -- helping Brock to care for his pokemon on a level that Brock himself cannot, due to it being able to actually communicate with the pokemon. We've already seen that Houndour and Houndoom can have this potential to be just as caring and loyal as regular dogs.

I don't think Brock should capture another pokemon. For the first time Brock's pokemon are recieving a fair bit of screen time, with another addition we are going to see less than what we see now.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom