• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bronzor and Bronzong

BlackKnight

Reaction score
Ok I really don't like this pokemon. So I decied to make this thread to see if anyone liked this pokemon and found it to be useful. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section it was a toss up between t6his place and the video game part.

I hate battling those things. They are really really useful for catching fleeing pokemon like the dogs. I use mine and make him use Block, because they can take hits while you're throwing pokeballs. Ive never battled with one, but I know they're a pain to play against.

Their designs are fine, and Bronzong in particular can put up a good fight. I see nothing wrong with them.

Bronzong using Trick Room and Gyro Ball is an awesome combo. Mine knows: Hypnosis, Trick Room, Gyro Ball, and Psychic. Pretty damn strong.

Zong is a pretty epic Gravity lead. It almost always gets to set up SR and Gravity when I use that team.

Didn't know he could learn stealth rock...perhaps I'll consider using him as a lead instead of my Gliscor

I kind of like the duo actually. I am not sure if you had read the "On the Origin of Species" article of the duo. If you haven't, then you can check it out: On the Origin of Species: Bronzor and Bronzong. I find the fact that Bronzong isn't a Pokemon by a trainer in the game amusing, seeing how he can exist in the wild and have high defences. I am guessing that Bronzong is quite a tough Pokemon that the designers purposely gave even Byron and Team Galactic members Bronzor to make it easier, only making it an opponent in the Elite Four.

I think the both Pokémon are targeted at history lovers. Their design looks oldy. Also, I don't like them much too, they're really a pain to battle!

I find the designs neat looking and the story they're based on is cool,but I hate to see them on the opposing side as I run a Tailwind team.

I used one in Platinum once, and it wasn't a very good Pokemon (until I put Psychic and Flash Cannon on it). It was, however, always good at taking hits, and I got extremely lucky to have one with a Modest nature. It can be really good if you teach it Psychic, Flash Cannon, Sunny Day and SolarBeam.

I've never really liked using them, but they can be a huge pain to battle, especially with their incredibly diverse support movepool and large number of resistances.

While I still think they're kind of ugly, they do have a very interesting story as the inspiration for their designs. They're great support 'mons and make niche counters to a lot of things that are otherwise quite difficult to handle, but the lack of reliable recovery makes them very easy to wear down.

I never really liked them and I found them kinda annoying but yeah, they're strong. I had a really easy time with the Elite 4 in Pearl, until Lucian. I had trouble beating him and it was by luck. I mean a Machamp versus a Bronzong using Cross Chop? Yeah, those things are strong, and I find them annoying in pokémon contests.

P.S. in the battle against Lucian it was one on one, Machamp vs. Bronzong, everyone else fainted and Machamp's HP was red

Bronzong dex entry is interesting stating its from another dimension and ancient civilizations used this dimension for storage hmmm incredible i must say

OMG! I LOVE BRONZOR! The whole idea of him is cool in my opinion. Well, at least if you include my non-canon ability that Bronzors have in my fanfiction (not posted here), which is that Bronzor (being a mirror pokemon) can use its psychic abilities to bend the light waves in the air and change someone's appearance, which is, of course, the move Reflect.

There's that, and also the fact that it can be a cute little pokemon that floats around next to its trainer, as well as firing off Flash Cannons. And then when it evolves into Bronzong, I imagine it as improving on its ability to change people's appearances and now can turn itself invisible by using its light wave-bending ability with Reflect. So then it just kind of stalks its trainer invisibly, always there, always protecting it.

OMG! I LOVE BRONZOR! The whole idea of him is cool in my opinion. Well, at least if you include my non-canon ability that Bronzors have in my fanfiction (not posted here), which is that Bronzor (being a mirror pokemon) can use its psychic abilities to bend the light waves in the air and change someone's appearance, which is, of course, the move Reflect.

There's that, and also the fact that it can be a cute little pokemon that floats around next to its trainer, as well as firing off Flash Cannons. And then when it evolves into Bronzong, I imagine it as improving on its ability to change people's appearances and now can turn itself invisible by using its light wave-bending ability with Reflect. So then it just kind of stalks its trainer invisibly, always there, always protecting it.

That is a very interesting thought about Bronzong's ability!

Loved using it in gen 4 its huge defense and great support moves made it a great support against E4, locals and battle facilities. Sadly it can't heal reliably on its own so that's why I ran wish Vaporeon with it. Great combo, great times. Even though I don't use it anymore its spirit and playstyle live on in my Ferrothorn and Reuniclus.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom