• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Buff or Nerf (Pokémon)

Samtendo09

Water-Type Gamer
Reaction score
All you need is to say if something (Pokémon, Move, Item or Ability) of the poster above mentionned should be buffed or nerfed and tell it how it gets buffed/nerfed, in order to make it more balanced and less broken.

Example: Someone said Speed Boost.

Nerf. Double negative effects even if the Speed is raised, neutral or lowred.

Now is my turn;

(Mega) Blaziken

Buff, instand of forcing the user to recharge the next turn, halves the next move's Base Power.

Type Gem (Fire Gem, Water Gem, Grass Gem, etc)

Buff, gains an Ability that gives immunity of Fighting-Type attacks.

Justified (Ability)

Buff so that it gives you a boost to both Attack and Special Attack from Bug, Ghost and Dark.

Mega Gardevoir

Buff. Mega Gardevoir can now uses Earth Power to cover out from Skuntank and Drapion.

Normalize

Oh, definately buff. As for how, I'd say making it like Pixelate in that it only gives a power boost to Normal type moves rather than turning everything else into a Normal type move.

Aegislash

The fact he's in Uber, a slight nerf will be welcomed. Since it is something to do with Fighter Stance, Aegislash will only uses it's Shield Forme if using King's Shield or after using a move, then revert back to Blade Forme at the end of each turn.

Safeguard

buff, ALL THE GENS SHOULD HAVE IT! ADD THE EVIL TEAM LEADERS TOO!

The Normal type

The fact he's in Uber, a slight nerf will be welcomed. Since it is something to do with Fighter Stance, Aegislash will only uses it's Shield Forme if using King's Shield or after using a move, then revert back to Blade Forme at the end of each turn.

Safeguard

Uh... That sounds like a buff to me, because, if it would enter Sheild form after using a move then you just have to get a Swords Dance up and Shadow Sneak them to death because, if it were to be buffed in this way, it would enter Sheild form imediately after using Shadow Sneak, meaning that the opponent wouldn't be able to get off a good hit on the Blade forrm ever.

...Anyway, back on-topic, I think the Normal type should be buffed so that it has no weaknesses.

Escavalier

Seriously a buff. Gain an Ability to strike one or more opponents (depended on the user's move) with raised Speed before such opponent(s) will even make a move. Serves as a nasty surprise against Speed Boost users (not nessesary against Blaziken through).

Also BAG tells me that I buffed Aegislash instand of nerf it so let ne correct this; it will not switch to Shield Forme if using non-damaging moves or attacks with +1 or higher priorty (except of King's Shield for both above).

Back-to-topic. Volt Tackle.

buff, ALL THE GENS SHOULD HAVE IT! ADD THE EVIL TEAM LEADERS TOO!

The Normal type

we at least got giovanni, but add koga and an elite four tournament, and a twitch plays pokemon tournament up to omega ruby, (like in the black 2 boss rush, but with three more characters to beat)(oh yeah, and the evil team leaders tournament should include executive archer,evice, and greevil and N, since they WERE the leaders for neo rocket, cipher, neo ciper,and plasma, respectively.) also add a protagonist tournament, rival tournament, and a executives tournament for the admins/executives/commanders/sages
anyway...
nerf, he needs no mega to begin with
blue(in GSC)

Buff because I like buffing.
But Mega Gyarados sucks with being a Dark type and only knowing Bite :p

Raichu

Buff, gains a signature Ability (Overcharged) to start with a permanent Charge condition with +1 Sp.D boost to start with, but takes 10% recoil damage from damage given with Electric-Type attacks except of Discharge. Loses the boost after using latter Move, but starts again if used Charge or Charge Beam.

Sawk

Buff because we need more good fighting types. I don't really know how, but buff it all the same.

Tornadus-T

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom