• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Buff or Nerf (Pokémon)

Buff, give it a new ability or Mega or something, cuz while not overly a problem as its still a decent sweeper and its clearly intended to have a different role than Porygon2, Porygon Z kinda sorta suffers from the same problem as Dusknoir insofar as its prevo outclasses it thanks to Eviolite's introduction.

Venomoth

erm....buff?
I was about to say "nerf" cause lol fuck zoroark, but on the other hand it might be fun to be forced to play around illusion a bit more
I say "fun" over "annoying" because thankfully it is the only mon with said ability, and I'd rather they not make it too good because seeing this too often would get old
as well as, naturally, fuck zoroark

scolipede

Buff, give it a new ability or Mega or something, cuz while not overly a problem as its still a decent sweeper and its clearly intended to have a different role than Porygon2, Porygon Z kinda sorta suffers from the same problem as Dusknoir insofar as its prevo outclasses it thanks to Eviolite's introduction.
wow, that's low
I think z deserves at least more credit than bloody noir

Well, buff, of course. I mean, what stands out about this thing, really? I think a Mega's the easiest way to do that. It'd also make its design more interesting.
I don't care if your question is rhetorical I'm answering anyway
veno's actually better than you'd think cause the combo of tinted lens, quiver dance, and baton pass allows it to be both a decent sweeper and supporter
it's also one of the very few quiver dancers with neither balls typing nor balls stats (well its stats are poor but they aint butterfree level)
so I'd say it actually stands out a lot regardless of whether or not it should be buffed

Nerf, change you back to your original type at the end of the turn (which could be a buff in some ways but whatevs)

Growth

Bulk, give it some bulk so that it would at least survive a few strikes. Alternatively, give it some fairly good offensive moves; it really doesn't have much in terms of offense in its movepool.

Golisopod

Buff, make its Ability merely switch you out in wild battles as opposed to running away.

Metagross

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom