• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It! II [ENDGAME: 12.11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinッ

Ongo Gablogian, the art collector
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hello TWR! And welcome to my latest mafia game, a sequel to one of my first ever games on the forum, which is linked here. This is Build-It! II and although this is a sequel, mechanic changes and overall balance changes alongside not having flavour, if you don't want to read it you don't have to. It's just there let people know how this game works different from typical mafia games. That being said, the rules will be located below.

1. It goes without saying, but all F&G and TWR rules apply.
  2. Outside contact IS allowed, but you must include myself, any MoD, and any spectators in the OC, whether it be here, discord or elsewhere. You may become a spectator after you die if you so wish.
  3. The game follows a 24 hour night, and 48 hour day cycle, exceptions can be made. (And potentially will happen, depends on my work schedule.)
  4. Do not loophole abuse, if you aren't sure on something contact me before you post anything elsewhere.
  5. You may not discuss win-cons. You may or may not have more than one win-con.
  6. No screenshots of Role PMs, not even fakes. This also means no direct copy and pasting, or quoting.
  7. Votes should be done in the following format Vote: Name. If it is possible, I would prefer the votes to be on an entirely seperate line, however this isnt completely necessary.
  8. Role and name claiming are allowed. I shall warn in advance that name claiming may not be useful. All names are randomly generated, and just there to create a sense of involvement.
  9. You may post after death, however your post must not contain any game impacting information. You are dead.
  10. Should you not be sure about something, be sure to ask, it doesn't hurt and it means you wont get in trouble.
  11. Modkilling and sub replacements are up to the hosts' discretion, if I feel you are too inactive or not putting effort in I will look to replace you.
Blueprints are items that are given out to players, regardless of alignment. You may be given any amount between 0-2 blueprints at any point. These blueprints will have on them, clearly, a blueprint. If you are in the possesion of a blueprint, you may do one of the following in a night phase.
Peek: Peeking at the blueprint will let you learn what the blueprint actually builds, before you go out to build it.
Build: This lets you build the blueprint. Each blueprint has an assigned role but you may not know what is on them. (You may only build one blueprint, after building one this command is removed for the rest of the game.)
Give: This lets you give the blueprint to another player.

You may do all of these actions on one night, but you may not use two abilities on the same night, on one blueprint. To clarify, if I peeked a blueprint N2, I would not be able to Give, OR Build the same blueprint N2, I would have to wait till N3. However, you may use three different actions on three different blueprints in a night.

You may not hold more than three blueprints at any given time. If you hold three you will be exempt from holding any more.

You may be given roles that may not fit your team, the game is not made to be bastard however.

If you build a building, the building name is publicly announced. It is not however told who built it. The message will simply be, "The/A house was built!", but house will be replaced with the name of the building.

Once a blueprint is built, it is gone. There may or may not be multiple of the same blueprint.

You may freely talk and speculate about blueprints.

(If anyone asks a question that is uncovered or just general knowledge needed about blueprints, they will be edited here like a FAQ)

Players:
  1. @Max1996
  2. @Contrainer Lynched Day One - Vanilla Townie
  3. @MegaPod Killed Night Two - Vanilla Townie -> Town Baker
  4. @Doctor Flopster
  5. @Pikochu
  6. @Crystal Onix Killed Night One - Vanilla Townie
  7. @jdthebud
  8. @DekuNut Lynched Day Two - Vanilla Townie
  9. @Neosquid
  10. @Midorikawa Killed Night Three - Vanilla Townie
  11. @Officer Snake

Subs:

Last edited:
As much as I would love a sequel of ME kicking ass in this series, that's not gonna happen unless signups miraculously don't fill until the last week of October.
That said, I noticed this:
You may be given roles that may not fit your role, the game is not made to be bastard however.
Could you elaborate what you mean here? There are multiple possible interpretations, and I think clarification is required.

• Staff
Could you elaborate what you mean here? There are multiple possible interpretations, and I think clarification is required.
Of course! I class bastard by things such as lying to players, or making cults or something that can change team. You cannot do this in this game, but you can still happen to get roles that might not typically be seen in a standard mafia game. As an example, a Mafia Rolecop, or an example much more different could be a Mafia sided medium.

Of course! I class bastard by things such as lying to players, or making cults or something that can change team. You cannot do this in this game, but you can still happen to get roles that might not typically be seen in a standard mafia game. As an example, a Mafia Rolecop, or an example much more different could be a Mafia sided medium.
I actually meant specifically this part:
You may be given roles that may not fit your role
That's a little vague/confusing.

• Staff
Oh, my mistake, I meant roles that may not fit your team, which was my last post. Sorry about that I'll edit it.

congratulations calvin, you have the honor of hosting the game that will, apparently, be the game in which I return to playing mafia games after roughly 6.5 billion years. No guarantees I'll play again anytime soon after this, but w/e. I wanted to try.

forgive me if I'm rustier than a rusted kushala daora

also, perhaps you'd grab the attention of more potential players if you included a cool image in the op, like you did with the first version of this game. Just a thought.
As much as I would love a sequel of ME kicking ass in this series, that's not gonna happen unless signups miraculously don't fill until the last week of October.
That said, I noticed this:
what do you know, it's the last week of october
guess you can play after all

guess you can play after all
Not quite yet, and I'm going to finish writing the Flavor Text that I owe AussieEevee before taking on yet another commitment.
Also, I'm completely run down from the sheer chaos that this week has been.
I've got a sore throat, most likely from overusing my voice this past month: practicing Torah readings, giving training seminars at work, celebrating Simchat Torah (which involves a lot of singing and, you guessed it, Torah reading), and The Assembly Show.
Also, I literally didn't get any break between Simchat Torah and having to run off for The Assembly Show this week, which was wonderful. -_-

I've got a nice, quiet weekend coming up, so that'll give me a chance to unwind, and I'll probably take tomorrow afternoon off, just because I can barely function right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom