• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulba of the Valley Conference (Gen 4 Random Battle Tournament)

DawningWinds vs FinnishPokeFan92
Had some super rotten luck. First my phone crashes right in the middle of the battle, then I think I can't return to the battle and tell my opponent to forfeit before I realize I actually still could've just reentered the match, then Showdown says my username is already in use (must have something to do with leaving involuntarily in the middle of the match, I suspect), forcing me to use a different username, and to top it all off, I lose.

EDIT: Oh, right. And the Pokémon we had in the first match were more interesting too.

Last edited:
Wait, is it too late to join the tournament now?
Hey, yeah sorry it's too late to join indeed. If you're interested in these kind of things I suggest keeping an eye out on the Announcements and Events section.
Oh. Oh you wound me my good sir. How could you forget me? Your one and only Shonen Anime Rival?
See, this is why I mentioned the split between you two, for this entertainment :bulbaLove:
Had some super rotten luck. First my phone crashes right in the middle of the battle, then I think I can't return to the battle and tell my opponent to forfeit before I realize I actually still could've just reentered the match, then Showdown says my username is already in use (must have something to do with leaving involuntarily in the middle of the match, I suspect), forcing me to use a different username, and to top it all off, I lose.

EDIT: Oh, right. And the Pokémon we had in the first match were more interesting too.
Your game was actually really close and you played pretty well. You lost to 4 mons left but if you were able to beat Ludicolo you would have most likely won as the rest was basically dead already.. I hope you at least enjoyed the games though. Thanks for playing!

Same to you @Valt (KantoX), hope you had fun, even though it was relatively short.

Also as a general note
If you change your forum or showdown username, please state the change in here.

@DarthWolf
I was wondering if @WyndonCalling and I could
start planning and do our battle since we've already been matched up. Or do you want us to wait for the rest of the bracket to catch up?

Sorry, had some issues after I came back from vacation and completely forgot about this. Have sent Toxtricity a message to schedule!

Your game was actually really close and you played pretty well. You lost to 4 mons left but if you were able to beat Ludicolo you would have most likely won as the rest was basically dead already.. I hope you at least enjoyed the games though. Thanks for playing!
I certainly enjoyed the tournament, aside from the unpredictable crash that happened during my last battle. I just wish I could've gotten at least one or two more wins.

Fun fact: I came up with a strategy to use Explode to at least weaken Ninjagite's final Pokémon, before finishing it off with Manaphy. But seeing that said final Pokémon was Suicune, I just went for super-effective Thunderbolt instead. :p

Back
Top Bottom