• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulba of the Valley Conference (Gen 4 Random Battle Tournament)

9lb6.gif

That Explosion at the end was just adding salt to injury. Brutal.
You did great @Max1996 ending up 4th place! Hope you had fun!

Next up, the final loser round!
@Lone_Garurumon vs @WyndonCalling
They faced off in the group stage, where Wyndon beat Lone with 4 mons remaining.
However, last tournament, they also faced off in the loser bracket. Here Lone came out on top.
It's either players game!

(fun fact in the old tournament @Blast was keeping up with them)
1635960928259.png

Congratulations Wyndon, you're truly the better of us. Perhaps... Perhaps I'm not worth remembering after all.
No.
No, you may have won this day, but I shall return! Stronger than ever before! Someday you will remember who I am!

For real though what the fuck was that rng? Two out of three misses on Stone Edge, one out of two on focus Blast, full paralysis on the only turn the roll is made. Jesus fuck, man.

Lone: "Why does anyone even use that move?"
Lone a few turns later: uses it again

What else was in Tyranitar's moveset, if you don't mind me asking?
D. Dance, Stone Edge, Crunch, 4th move that I cannot remember. Earthquake I think. Mostly I was just taking the move that theoretically gave the best power because you need to hit Shuckle hard. There are no half-measures with that thing.

D. Dance, Stone Edge, Crunch, 4th move that I cannot remember. Earthquake I think. Mostly I was just taking the move that theoretically gave the best power because you need to hit Shuckle hard. There are no half-measures with that thing.
TBF, Stone Edge was absolutely the right move - if it had hit, it would probably have put Shuckle into Crunch range.
Yeah, it was really bad luck for that to miss twice in a a row- I just found it funny that Lone questioned the fact that anyone used the move and later used it again... I do think if the last move was Earthquake it wouldn't have been the worst play to make either, Shuckle can't attack too hard so it could also have been worthwhile to set up a Dragon Dance. But yeah I see why you'd go for Stone Edge, even if it's not guaranteed to hit sometimes that's a risk worth taking, specially against a creature which is basically nothing except defense.

Wow, that was rough. Let me summarise it in one quote
Oh my god fuckle that Shuckle

Still, well done @Lone_Garurumon! You've earned the 3rd place finish.

Now then, it's time for the Finals!
@Blast, the one who got a sort of free pass by winning one of their Group stage matches by absence of their opponent
vs
@WyndonCalling, the one who scored top rank after the group stage and has only lost to Blast.

Will he be able to turn things around?
Keep in mind, if Wyndon wins the round, they break even and have to do another round. This means that Wyndon needs 2 wins in a row to become champion, while Blast only needs a single victory.

Keep in mind, if Wyndon wins the round, they break even and have to do another round. This means that Wyndon needs 2 wins in a row to become champion, while Blast only needs a single victory.
This feels remarkably unfair. Blast is going to end up having to face me three times; we don't know what that might do to a man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom